The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: randomtask on June 17, 2010, 04:46:50 PM
any tips this evening lads?

Not a tip but noticed there's plenty of money behind Robbie Hennessy's in the first at Tipperary. Second behind Pitoni at Punchestown during the winter. Surely a reproduction of that run would be good enough to win a summer maiden hurdle at Limerick Junction?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

drici

Watched the 2-30 at Ascot there.
Anybody got the result?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2010, 04:35:12 PM
I'm writing off the rest of the week for Ballydoyle. You simply can't back them at the moment unless there's significant money behind them.

Can't keep them hoors down for long.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 19, 2010, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 15, 2010, 04:35:12 PM
I'm writing off the rest of the week for Ballydoyle. You simply can't back them at the moment unless there's significant money behind them.

Can't keep them hoors down for long.

who picks all the cool names??
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Homer

France

Flat jockey Christophe Soumillon — taking only his second ever ride over hurdles — finds the early gallop a bit too slow for his liking and decides to make a mockery of the jumps jockeys.

By the way, this isn't a shitty handicap, it's the 2010 French Champion Hurdle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=423C5E2LaUo

Incroyable!

Catch the high ball

That really is hilarious how easy he won France's biggest Hurdle race.

Best part is when he throws his whip into the crowd and also when the other horses cross the line everybody is booing!
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Candyman

Thats a complete disgrace!!!!  :D

Lecale2

How did they let that happen?

ludermor

Anyone hear about a bit of a coup on D four Dave yesterday in kilbeggan?

sammymaguire

Quote from: ludermor on June 22, 2010, 08:37:33 PM
Anyone hear about a bit of a coup on D four Dave yesterday in kilbeggan?

caught the tail end of it on the radio at 7 there, what was the craic, alot of lads place their bets at exactly 3pm on the dot or something?? fair play to them http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/dancera-takes-spoils-in-style-2229506.html
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

maddog

3.05 Carlisle Rainbow Mirage.

Was given this one 2/3 weeks ago and was told to watch for it when it turned out at Carlisle by a guy that supposedly knows a local trainer. Well its entered today and thats as much as i know about it.

Onthehill

Quote from: maddog on June 23, 2010, 09:46:41 AM

Was given this one 2/3 weeks ago and was told to watch for it when it turned out at Carlisle by a guy that supposedly knows a local trainer. Well its entered today and thats as much as i know about it.

Seems to be a bit of money for it this morning. Any other info?

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Onthehill on June 23, 2010, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: maddog on June 23, 2010, 09:46:41 AM

Seems to be a bit of money for it this morning. Any other info?

Paddy Power is refunding losing bets if the current favourite (Major Phil) wins. Currently 8/1 from 14/1.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

maddog

Stuffed by the sound of it. ::)