The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the greatest jockey

St Nichols Abbey out to 4/1, when does he start becoming value?

weapons amnesty looks set to miss next years gold cup with an injury sustained in the years rsa, just shows what a gruelling race that truely is

Donnellys Hollow

There must be huge doubts over whether SNA will run at all now. They wouldn't have bothered leaving both Galileo colts in the race this morning if they weren't worried about his participation.

Disappointing about Weapons Amnesty but I doubt he's within a stone of Gold Cup class anyway. The only novices that I can see possibly stepping up to that level are Sicknote Europe and Mad Max.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridge fan

1st post and hopefully a winner Anaverna in the 6-30 ballinrobe

Muzz

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 31, 2010, 03:17:58 PM
There must be huge doubts over whether SNA will run at all now. They wouldn't have bothered leaving both Galileo colts in the race this morning if they weren't worried about his participation.

Disappointing about Weapons Amnesty but I doubt he's within a stone of Gold Cup class anyway. The only novices that I can see possibly stepping up to that level are Sicknote Europe and Mad Max.

Good call on St. Nic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/8715285.stm

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bridge fan on May 31, 2010, 06:06:45 PM
1st post and hopefully a winner Anaverna in the 6-30 ballinrobe

Great shout Brudge Fan, favourite or no favourite!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Muzz on June 01, 2010, 09:41:41 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 31, 2010, 03:17:58 PM

Good call on St. Nic

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/horse_racing/8715285.stm

Expect him to be carted off to stud fairly sharpish á la Footstepsinthesand.

All the warning signs are there. APOB saying in his statement this morning that "we always thought SNA could walk on water" but no mention of hoping to have him back for the Curragh or Sandown Park in a months time.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

perfect blossom 3.10-nottingham-expected to go very close

beer baron

Louth Exile

Class, Barney the Legend & a gentleman. His charity is to my mind, by far and away the most worth of all third world aid charities.  8)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

sammymaguire

Quote from: beer baron on June 02, 2010, 12:41:19 PM
perfect blossom 3.10-nottingham-expected to go very close

UP COOTEHILL!!!! got 11/2 in runnnnnning on the fair!!!  :o  :D  ;D
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Catch the high ball

Barney Curley truly is a great guy, I hope he publishes another book before he retires.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Homer

Nicely done BB.

Beer Baron and Boojangles have been doing the Cavan men proud of late. Could be an interesting idea to set up a gaaboard All-Ireland tipping challenge.

Milltown Row2

8.50 at Kempton, Swiss Cross. currently at 9/2.

i don't do tips but i might have a pop at this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Shrek

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2010, 04:23:52 PM
8.50 at Kempton, Swiss Cross. currently at 9/2.

i don't do tips but i might have a pop at this

is it just a personal fancy Milltown

I have a few bob spare after that last horse, so might throw some on this one as well.