Previous topic - Next topic

the greatest jockey

3.35 at haydock i think it is

black jack blues has an ew chance, 20/1 at the minute

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on May 07, 2010, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on May 07, 2010, 11:34:09 AM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on May 07, 2010, 11:01:20 AM
Anything for Chester today lads?  Seems to be a fair few punting guru's on this site  :)

debatable that...  ;D  ;D  :o Confessional in the 3.15 is my E/W nap of the day at 7/1

Im bankrupt!!!  :D

you lads from Armagh have loads of money, or always a way of getting your hands on some more  :o  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

the greatest jockey

looked a terrible injury there for aob's cap james cook in the derby trial

sammymaguire

Quote from: the greatest jockey on May 08, 2010, 01:31:05 AM
3.35 at haydock i think it is

black jack blues has an ew chance, 20/1 at the minute

that one faded badly  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

the greatest jockey

writing was on the wall when choc gave him a reminder about four out, quick pace of the race seemed to be too much for him

Donnellys Hollow

If Let Yourself Go is over his Swordlestown run when he found the only the brilliant Captain Cee Bee too good than he has serious claims down at Killarney tomorrow. I can see Carberry letting him bowl along in front and galloping the rest of the field into the ground. His forecast SP is 2/1 at the moment and that would be a good value bet in my eyes.

It doesn't look a great renewal of the Derrinstown at Leopardstown but it's a race that rarely fails to throw up a good horse. Even though Ballydoyle are still very in and out I'd expect Midas Touch to take this en route to Epsom. The Derby picture should be an awful lot clearer this time next week with Chabal, Cape Blanco, Workforce and Coordinated Cut all set to run in the Dante at York on Thursday. Very much looking forward to Gile Na Gréine in the Musidora too. I think she's a serious player for the Oaks especially now that Henry Cecil's filly was beaten at Lingfield today.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

cheers DH for your insightful comments, I thought Natal looked tempting in the 4.25  :-\ - appreciated
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Let Yourself Go a NR anyway Sammy

Candyman

What price is Lambes horse now?

Donnellys Hollow

Midas Touch does the business in the Derrinstown but a Derby winner he ain't.

I'd be surprised if Aidan will have a huge team heading to Epsom this year. Cape Blanco will have to prove his credentials on Thursday and I've heard that Jan Vermeer will head to France instead. St Nick still looks the one despite not having the speed at Newmarket.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 08, 2010, 10:23:28 PM
Very much looking forward to Gile Na Gréine in the Musidora too. I think she's a serious player for the Oaks especially now that Henry Cecil's filly was beaten at Lingfield today.

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/10/05/09/RACING_Musidora.html

Bolger said: "Gile Na Greine is going to go for the Irish Guineas, I never committed her to York and I think she deserves a proper shot at a Classic."

"The Irish Guineas is the best chance she has to do that and we will take it step by step beyond that."

Feckin Bolger  >:(

Makes the Curragh a much tougher assignment for Lolly For Dolly too.

Good win for Archie Boy down in that chase down at Killarney. I've been following him for a while so nice to see him land a fairly valuable prize. Given that he was over 40L behind Let Yourself Go in the Swordlestown I think it's safe to assume that Maguire's horse would have won that race if he had ran.

Looking forward to Famous Name running a nice trial for the Tatts Gold Cup in a few minutes. I think he can do Fame And Glory for boot if they both turn up at the Curragh on good ground.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 09, 2010, 05:31:15 PM
Looking forward to Famous Name running a nice trial for the Tatts Gold Cup in a few minutes. I think he can do Fame And Glory for boot if they both turn up at the Curragh on good ground.

Hmmm. Not very impressive. I don't think the race was run to suit though. He is better held up for a late burst like when he came home like a train in the French Guineas a few years ago.

Catch the high ball

Lucky 15
The Shuffler 8.10 Windsor
Peter Island 5.10 Brighton
Lackabane Jessie 5.20 Killarney
Bach and Roll 8.50 Killarney
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Donnellys Hollow

Anyone else on to the Barney Curley coup yesterday morning? Some serious payouts which is great to see. Would have been millions had Somersturm not been beaten.

RealSpiritof98