The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Family guy

Saturn girl in the 2.15 yarmouth,out to win

Hardy

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 05, 2010, 09:48:40 AM
Does anyone know what the story is about the runners for the aintree grand national ?

Is it today that the list of runners gets confirmed and how is it decided what horses will run etc.  ?

I've a couple of ridiculous ante-post bets waiting to go up in smoke !

Final declaratiions on Thursday. 10:00 a.m., I think. The top 40 declared horses in the handicap get in. There's a list of substitutes that get in in listed order if others drop out.

sammymaguire

Mr Rainbow in the 4.55 @ Redcar is fancied to win
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

winsamsoon

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 05, 2010, 02:57:35 PM

sweet on that aswell Sammy and the sports live guys have made it their nap
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Donnellys Hollow

Ruby gets the treble up on Psycho.

Impressed by that Gigginstown horse in the p2p championship bumper. Must be a very good animal to stay going when everything else in the race fell out of the screen.

It enhances First Lieutenant's reputation even more. He is rumoured to be the best of all Michael O'Leary's young horses. Definitely one for the ten-to-follow next year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on April 05, 2010, 02:57:35 PM

what a load of pish
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Lads, (and lassies - Treas!)

Myself and a few friends of mine are thinking about heading down to Punchestown for a day during the festival in a fortnight. It'll be my first day at the races so I'm really looking forward to it. Basically I was looking a bit of advice on which day would be best to go. I'm tempted by the Tuesday as Dunguib and Menorah are both entered for the novice hurdle and Big Zeb, Master Minded and Sizing Europe are all entered for the 2 mile chase. But I notice that Dunguib is entered for the champion hurdle on the Friday which looks like a cracking race.

Has Fenton indicated which he's going to run Dunguib in? And could you be sure Nicholls will take over Master Minded? He did last year I know but that was after a much better run. I'm guessing Denman will be scratched from the Guinness Gold Cup if he's running the Scottish National.

So basically any advice appreciated!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

5 Sams

Well done to Andrew MacNamara.....a few boys in Ballyholland a few quid better off after talking to him in our club last night.....what's the chances of a Fairyhouse/Aintree double :o
The Aristocrat Years

Donnellys Hollow

It depends what you want out of a day's racing really TAM.

If you're there for the piss up then Friday is definitely the best. It always draws the biggest crowd and there'll be plenty of well turned out fillies around!

Wednesday will normally draw a big enough crowd too. I don't think the Guinness Gold Cup will be a particularly great renewal this year unless Denman swerves Ayr. A rematch of the Hennessy of Joncol v Cooldine is the best you'll get I'd say.

I usually go on Tuesday and it is normally much quieter than Wednesday and Friday. Not the same buzz around Naas but the traffic isn't as bad and it's far easier to move around on track. Shaping up to be a good card this year too. I doubt Dunguib will run on Friday especially now that Hurricane Fly is likely to be back for that (Captain Cee Bee likely to run in the Champion Hurdle too I understand). He'll renew rivalry with Menorah. The Kerrygold that day could be a right good contest - Big Zeb, Forpadydeplasterer, Kalahari King, Twist Magic and possibly Master Minded & Sizing Europe. The staying novice chase doesn't look great with Weapons Amnesty, Long Run and Punchestowns not in it but hopefully Pandorama will be back.

Rule out Thursday and Saturday straight away which are both just filler days.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

leenie

was at fairyhouse yesterday, just one winner but it was mighty craic!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

TacadoirArdMhacha

I've heard word for "We don't do panic" in the 5 10 at Fairyhouse. Same source had an 8/1 winner on Saturday and a 12/1 2nd the week before. Comes through a former prominent poster on this thread!

Family guy

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 06, 2010, 02:52:20 PM
I've heard word for "We don't do panic" in the 5 10 at Fairyhouse. Same source had an 8/1 winner on Saturday and a 12/1 2nd the week before. Comes through a former prominent poster on this thread!

some money being put on here now

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Family guy on April 06, 2010, 05:09:22 PM

Wasted money too. Ah well I can't complain too much since I got the winner on Saturday. Apologies to any of youse lads who backed it.

sammymaguire

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 06, 2010, 05:19:26 PM
Quote from: Family guy on April 06, 2010, 05:09:22 PM

Wasted money too. Ah well I can't complain too much since I got the winner on Saturday. Apologies to any of youse lads who backed it.

never mind, tricky getting winners today at Fairyhouse
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!