The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 10, 2009, 01:55:53 PM
Wouldn't blame Townend booj. I think he wanted company from the other horse because he didn't look the most willing animal in the world. Still had ample time to pick him up and win. I'm beginning to think Willie's are running within themselves. He's having a few reversals recently.

I think its more of a mental problem than a physical one with Miss Sarenne. I thought she was more trying to run out rather than jumping out to her left.

Going to keep the rest of my powder dry for Gowran and Cheltenham tomorrow. JT on Garde Champetre with Nina on Headsontheground because JT can't do the weight on that one. Some good handicappers like Royal County Star and Maljimar taking them on. Big day for Dunguib supporters tomorrow too. The last should produce a good novice hurdler - Ghizao, Lidar and one of Hendersons.

Obviously Im only a spectator having never sat on a horse-but it just looked like Paul should have asked the horse to pull clear at the 2nd last and go on and win the race.Maybe not.

Its hard to sway from Garde Champetre regardless who rides it.JT always rode Spot the Difference didnt he?
Who trains Alavain DH?

Donnellys Hollow

Thomas Barr bought him out of John Oxx's and he has gone to Edward O'Grady's like Osana and Torphicen. Supposed to have schooled very well so far. EOG and Andy Mac very bullish about him.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on December 10, 2009, 01:26:10 PM
I'm really keen on herecomesthetruth at huntington today but slightly put off by Ruby choosing to ride @ taunton.......I'll probably back all the Nicholls horses today

Nicholls having a super day, hopefully you are too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Paul Mc Graths Da

I having a really good day but can't get recif de thaix's fall out of my head (the only let down on my nicholls yankee)

rossie mad

Was going to back the snail in 2.40 at ludlow in a double with hendersons horse in the flat race at huntingdon at 3.30.
Changed my mind and went with the newcomer kookikila in the 2.30 in huntingdon.

Kookikila didnt finish in the top three.
The snail won.
The words stupid w**nker come to mind.

Massey-135

quick question - shamir was a non-runner today - can i claim back my bet because the horse didn't run, or is my money lost?

full back

Quote from: Massey-135 on December 10, 2009, 05:27:32 PM
quick question - shamir was a non-runner today - can i claim back my bet because the horse didn't run, or is my money lost?

Money back

sammymaguire

some wide open racing at Chelters this afternoon, some of my own personal fancies

12:05 - Cheltenham Collection Novices´ Chase Pigeon Island 6/1 this will go v close or nowhere
12:40 - Caspian Caviar Handicap Hurdle Bureaucrat can't believe this is 33/1
1:15 - Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase Garde Champetre loves it here 15/8
1:50 - Neptune Investment Management Chase Beat The Boys 16/1 looks well in and this is value imo
2:25 - CF Roberts Electrical + Mechanical Services Conditional Jockeys´ Handicap Chase Machu Picchu 12/1 best jock in race on board
3:00 - Boylepoker.com Handicap Hurdle Wolf Moon 6/1 C+D winner in last month
3:35 - E B F "National Hunt" Novices´ Hurdle Ghizao Evs should be head and shoulders above the field will go off odds on
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Clown

does the weight that Garde is carrying not worry u?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Clown on December 11, 2009, 11:23:07 AM
does the weight that Garde is carrying not worry u?

its a concern, like it was when Denman ran but it managed to win, class above imo. I won't be going mad, possibly £10 win or stick it in an e/w double with Bobby Ewing in the 11.50 at Donny... dunno yet
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mickey Linden

Was thinking that myself about the weight Garde is carrying. It seems a lot and he didnt win that convincely last time out. However, im going to stick with him as the horse certainly owes me nothing and loves it round Cheltenham.

sammymaguire

Pigeon Island give me a good run for my money there... close, but no cigar.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Clown

what a day for the Als so far

Weird Al
Alazan
Alavain

all winning

next up - Noble Alan in the 12.50

Mickey Linden

What was Alavian like? Should we be happy with our ante post Trimumph Hurdle coupons Donnelly?

ArmaghLedd

Any good bets for the weekend races?