The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Linden

Any word from Ludemor on this? Looks as if he still relatively low in the weights.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Sea The Stars on December 09, 2009, 01:11:51 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 08, 2009, 03:00:26 PM
I doubt that 5/6 will be lasting long about Celestial Halo for the weekend given the way Nicholls is talking him up. I might give Medermit a chance looking at how King's are coming on for their first run. Last year's novices were an above average crop IMO. I think Go Native proved that at Newcastle.

Really? I'd say the two mile novices of last year were amongst the worst I've seen (HF apart) for a long time!

Stand to be proven wrong. 

There maybe wasn't much stength in depth with the novice hurdlers last year but I think there was a handful of top quality animals (HF, Go Native, Mikael D'Haugenet, Karabak, Diamond Harry, Zaynar). Obviously Hurricane Fly's non participation in the Supreme Novices took away some of the gloss from that race but Go Native was still a worthy winner and he showed in the Fighting Fifth that he is a quality animal. Medermit was arguably a bit unlucky that day though. He slipped up on the home turn, he was then hampered by Cousin Vinny at the last but he still powered up the hill and he was mowing Go Native down when the line came.

The form of that race is quite good. Sommersby looks like he'll make a top novice chaser and decent horses like Torphicen, Kangaroo Court and Kempes were well stuffed in behind. I thought Medermit ran a cracker under top weight in the Greatwood when King's were needing the run and he is overpriced for Saturday. He'll be getting weight off the front two in the market and King must think he has some chance of winning a decent prize over timber because he looks made for novice chasing.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Short price double on Miss Sarenne (1:00 Huntingdon) and Cadspeed (1:35 Fairyhouse) should oblige tomorrow.

The Peterbrough Chase looks a good renewal. I fancy Herecomesthetruth but that joke Christian Williams is riding him again so I won't back him.

Be interesting to see if Mighty Bob is supported again to follow up. He still looks well in despite the penalty for the win at Naas. Mike Cunningham's horse Tiernans Terror won pulling a plough after him at Limerick though. I would have expected him to go up more than 12lbs for that run.

Family guy

Looking at the racing tomorrow,how short do you think the two you mentioned will be likely to go off at?

Donnellys Hollow

Would be surprised if both of them weren't odds-on in the morning. Possibly 4/6 Cadspeed, 10/11 Miss Sarenne, or something along those lines. Haven't checked Betfair but the overnight price is usually a fairly accurate guide to what most books will open them up at.

Family guy

Cheers think i will take a little bet on them alrite,a trebel with duinguib in which is on every bet i have been doin this long time,an investment i hope until cheltenham

Donnellys Hollow

Man after my own heart with the Dunguib bets. Keep topping them up till March and then get the wheelbarrow ready to collect!

Clown

wot about throwing in Accordeon in the 1.10 for a lunch time treble for some xmas money??

sammymaguire

Genari is fancied today by the elliott yard in the 12.40
Acordeon should win the 1.10
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mickey Linden

Mighty Bob is 9/4 today. Worth a bet?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 10, 2009, 11:12:10 AM
Mighty Bob is 9/4 today. Worth a bet?

i'd be more inclined to go with Tiernan's Terror e/w myself
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Paul Mc Graths Da

I'm really keen on herecomesthetruth at huntington today but slightly put off by Ruby choosing to ride @ taunton.......I'll probably back all the Nicholls horses today

Donnellys Hollow

Talk about throwing your chance away Miss Sarenne ya thick mare ya. Had that race in the bag at the second last and nearly ended up in the carpark!

Time for damage limitation on Cadspeed.

Alaivan out tomorrow at Gowran tomorrow - time for a little investment for the Triumph Hurdle.

boojangles

Paul Townend has a wee bit to answer there no?? What do ya think DH? Thats 2 short priced favourites stuffed-Im at my wits end >:(
Miss Sarenne couldn't jump.

Donnellys Hollow

Wouldn't blame Townend booj. I think he wanted company from the other horse because he didn't look the most willing animal in the world. Still had ample time to pick him up and win. I'm beginning to think Willie's are running within themselves. He's having a few reversals recently.

I think its more of a mental problem than a physical one with Miss Sarenne. I thought she was more trying to run out rather than jumping out to her left.

Going to keep the rest of my powder dry for Gowran and Cheltenham tomorrow. JT on Garde Champetre with Nina on Headsontheground because JT can't do the weight on that one. Some good handicappers like Royal County Star and Maljimar taking them on. Big day for Dunguib supporters tomorrow too. The last should produce a good novice hurdler - Ghizao, Lidar and one of Hendersons.