The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

8/1 - worth a small e/w with the 4 places. Yard was in terrible form last year so he could be very well handicapped over fences. Jack Doyle taking over from Christian Williams should also bring about further improvement.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Bensars

On the drift

out now to 10's

betfair showing 15-1

Lecale2

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

randomtask

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

randomtask

sammymaguire

another one bites the dust  >:( outclassed in listed company this evening
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

orangeman

What abvout the Brreders Cup tonight ??

Any fancies ?

BennyHarp

What a performance from Zenyatta!!  Would have loved to seen Sea the Stars up against it! Only Mastercraftsman let me down for a lucky 15 on the last four races at the breeders cup that would have paid £450 - think i'll get about £80 now!!
That was never a square ball!!

orangeman

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 08, 2009, 12:05:37 AM
What a performance from Zenyatta!!  Would have loved to seen Sea the Stars up against it! Only Mastercraftsman let me down for a lucky 15 on the last four races at the breeders cup that would have paid £450 - think i'll get about £80 now!!

Serious speed coming from another parish to win.

Donnellys Hollow

Had an absolute shocker at the BC. Would be looking for homeless accomodation tonight had I not layed Mastercraftsman.  :-\

Aidan needs to seriously consider running his horses on lasix or bute next year. Man Of Iron was the only one to run on medication and he was Ballydoyle's only winner. Rip Van Winkle's chances weren't helped by that horse going mental in the stall two down from him.

Oxx missed an fantastic opportunity to win a Classic when you consider how close Twice Over was to the winner. Sea The Stars murdered him in the Eclipse.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Was anybody watching it on Racing UK? The freeview expired at 12 00 at with the delay at the start, we only got the race in with about a minute to spare before the show went off the air. Was amazed to see Zenyatta winning it - given that a filly had never won it, she looked jumpy going in and the bad start but some performance all the same.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

The Canadian lad on ATR said that ESPN (RUK were taking their feed I presume) had to be off the air at 12. Horse playing up at the start caused all the problems.

I didn't fancy Zenyatta at all. I still think Rachel Alexander is a far better filly but her connections bottled it. Some performance by the winner to come from where she did but I think the proximity of Twice Over says that it was a fairly average renewal of the Classic.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 08, 2009, 12:19:22 AM
The Canadian lad on ATR said that ESPN (RUK were taking their feed I presume) had to be off the air at 12. Horse playing up at the start caused all the problems.

I didn't fancy Zenyatta at all. I still think Rachel Alexander is a far better filly but her connections bottled it. Some performance by the winner to come from where she did but I think the proximity of Twice Over says that it was a fairly average renewal of the Classic.

I know what your saying about twice over but I think that's a bit harsh on zenyetta who gave a supreme performance! On the same scale we could say it was a quality renewal as rip van winkle was comprehensively beaten and he's well regarded as the 2nd best in Europe! Although I do appreciate that he must have had problems to perform so below par!
That was never a square ball!!