The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: boojangles on November 05, 2009, 01:37:42 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 05, 2009, 01:35:26 PM
Good money around for In Compliance this morning. If Dessie Hughes has this horse back to his best he could be thrown in at listed level. Its not so long ago that he was the most promising young chaser in Ireland and people were talking him up for the Gold Cup when he was with Michael O'Brien.

I'm not sure about Whatuthink today booj. McKiernan has already had a winner but this looks a very competitive beginners chase. You could make a case for Zaarito, Give It Time, Venalmar, Bob Lingo, Essex and Whatuthink.

Have the day off to study the Breeders Cup cards for tomorrow and Saturday night! Hopefully post up a few winners later.

Cases could be made for alot of them alright.Probably best watched but being trained by a Cavan man I will have a Fiver on him. Kinane and Oxx cleaning up I see.

Was impressed the way Whatuthink stuck to the task. Bob Lingo looked to be all over him coming on to the straight. Great ride by Geraghty.
Great insight there DH,You pulled me a few winners from the Arc wkend so Il be watching out for a few.

randomtask

Treasurer

Any of ye doing the Tote Ten to Follow? https://ttf.totesport.com/  Can set up a mini league if there's a few of us?

Donnellys Hollow

Had a look at Down Royal tomorrow. Looks a trappy little card from a betting point of view. Go Native is the class horse on show but he has it to do giving 9lbs to Voler La Vodette who is a very useful mare. I will have a small bet on Nicanor (has changed ownership I see) if he's solid in the market at 2/1 or bigger.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Treasurer on November 05, 2009, 11:33:58 PM
Any of ye doing the Tote Ten to Follow? https://ttf.totesport.com/  Can set up a mini league if there's a few of us?

Is it a tenner a man this year too?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lecale2

There's one out today at Down Royal 3.05. I've been told its worth a few quid. Paratheix or something like that. I really cant mind the name. I just told the fella to stick a score on for me.

maldini

Quote from: souljaboy on October 15, 2009, 06:28:37 PM
A horse for the rest of the season is the 5yo Voller la vadette from the Colm Murphy yard that won today at 5/2 in the 3.45 at punchestown, good record last year and the owner says Murphy believes it has as much potential as Brave Inca, look out for its next run probably at Down Royal on November 6th, you heard it here first  :o :o

take a bow son!

Treasurer

Dammit I went for a fairly ambitious Noel Meade treble and Go Native, Nicanor and Narquois all placed.

souljaboy

Quote from: maldini on November 06, 2009, 02:20:34 PM
Quote from: souljaboy on October 15, 2009, 06:28:37 PM
A horse for the rest of the season is the 5yo Voller la vadette from the Colm Murphy yard that won today at 5/2 in the 3.45 at punchestown, good record last year and the owner says Murphy believes it has as much potential as Brave Inca, look out for its next run probably at Down Royal on November 6th, you heard it here first  :o :o

take a bow son!

think its for the christmas meet in leopardstown next,its 16/1 for the champion hurdle with stanjames and favourite for the mares handicap at the festival! I heard go native wasnt 100% sowouldnt read too much into the run, although still pretty impressive for a 5yo!!
My naps for the weekend are Goldikova at the BC and Notre Pere
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

BennyHarp

Does anyone know where to watch the breeders cup online?  Thought they'd show it on paddy power if you placed a bet - but they dont!!!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

Try:       http://yb.edgeboss.net/wmedia-live/yb/22261/1_yb-yb466_070601.asx

Not got off to the greatest start punting wise myself. Lilly Langtry didn't look like she handled the firm ground. Never looked to be moving well on it. I reckon that turf track is lightning quick. The German filly that Fallon was riding lost her action completely.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 06, 2009, 09:28:25 PM
Try:       http://yb.edgeboss.net/wmedia-live/yb/22261/1_yb-yb466_070601.asx

Not got off to the greatest start punting wise myself. Lilly Langtry didn't look like she handled the firm ground. Never looked to be moving well on it. I reckon that turf track is lightning quick. The German filly that Fallon was riding lost her action completely.

Cheers mate - works perfectly!! Got Negligee next and a double on Midday and ventura!
That was never a square ball!!

Donnellys Hollow

3:25 Wincanton - Exmoor Ranger e/w

Massey-135

Bensars