The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

man in black

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 28, 2009, 01:51:41 PM
Based on some information passed to me I'm backing two Rod Millman runners today - Cadeaux Fax 4.50 and Milldown Story 3.00

Had a fiver on the first one. Cheers for the tip.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

sammymaguire

it was 6/4 earlier this morning, 6/5 when I posted, market spoke on this one which was heavily backed  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

boojangles

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 28, 2009, 03:07:15 PM
it was 6/4 earlier this morning, 6/5 when I posted, market spoke on this one which was heavily backed  ;)

Fair Fucks Sammy, picked out one horse earlier,Squad 420 Brighton.Then seen your tip and done both in singles and a 20 double. Up over 200 bucks. Cheers

sammymaguire

well done boo! Draw and slow start got the better of Cadeaux  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

souljaboy

do any of the racing experts here (donnellys hollow/sammy maguire) think sea the stars at 5/6 in the arc is buying money or a risky investment??contemplating a major punt on it and it looks bulletproof but worry it might be a race too much this year
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

space rabbit

Quote from: souljaboy on September 28, 2009, 06:16:09 PM
do any of the racing experts here (donnellys hollow/sammy maguire) think sea the stars at 5/6 in the arc is buying money or a risky investment??contemplating a major punt on it and it looks bulletproof but worry it might be a race too much this year

:D

sammymaguire

thanks space rabbit, hope Man City only win 1 by the odd goal tonight  8)

soulja, not a fan of antepost myself but on the back of what STS has done this year, almost bullet proof (almost)

see how the ground is etc closer to the time of the race and then decide.

This piece will shed more light on the race than I can; http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Racing/Prix-de-lArc-de-Triomphe-Leading-Contenders-200909280058/
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

space rabbit

Quote from: sammymaguire on September 28, 2009, 06:27:47 PM
thanks space rabbit, hope Man City only win 1 by the odd goal tonight  8)

soulja, not a fan of antepost myself but on the back of what STS has done this year, almost bullet proof (almost)

see how the ground is etc closer to the time of the race and then decide.

This piece will shed more light on the race than I can; http://www.bettingpro.com/category/Racing/Prix-de-lArc-de-Triomphe-Leading-Contenders-200909280058/

:D :D :D thats not nice

Donnellys Hollow

Going purely on form he's a penalty kick. He's well ahead of the likes of Conduit and Fame And Glory on ratings.

However, there is still a school of thought out there that he might not stay a truly run 1m4, despite winning the Epsom Derby. This year's Derby was one of the slowest run in years so there is some substance to that argument. I think he will stay - Cape Cross has got 1m4 horses (Ouija Board, Rising Cross) and his dam Urban Sea was an Arc winner herself. The ground would be an issue for me if there was cut but the forecast is for drying conditions and the ground looks like it will be perfect for him.

I'd share your worry that it might be a race too much though. He's been on the go since May and I'm always wary about getting stuck into one that could possibly be gone over the top at this time of year. He does seem to take his races very well though and the fact that he idles when he hits the front means that he'll always keep something up his sleeve.

Its a hard call as to whether 5/6 is good value at this stage (I backed him myself at 5/2 after Leopardstown). He's the greatest flat horse I've ever seen and he should, all things being equal, pick this lot up and carry them. Whether you'd want to get stuck in at that price is a personal thing. I'd nearly advise you to wait till Sunday and back him on the PMU (French Tote - most Irish/English bookies will let you do this). At least then you will have a chance to see the horse in the paddock and see how the track is riding on the day. Most Irish & English trained horses will be bigger odds on the PMU then they will be with our own bookmakers.

If you're looking to buy money on one next weekend, then get stuck into Goldikova in the Prix Foret on the Saturday. She'll be shorter than Sea The Stars but she won hard held the last day and will take this before heading Stateside to put back-to-back Breeders Cup Miles together.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 28, 2009, 06:44:11 PM

Going purely on form he's a penalty kick. He's well ahead of the likes of Conduit and Fame And Glory on ratings.

However, there is still a school of thought out there that he might not stay a truly run 1m4, despite winning the Epsom Derby. This year's Derby was one of the slowest run in years so there is some substance to that argument. I think he will stay - Cape Cross has got 1m4 horses (Ouija Board, Rising Cross) and his dam Urban Sea was an Arc winner herself. The ground would be an issue for me if there was cut but the forecast is for drying conditions and the ground looks like it will be perfect for him.

I'd share your worry that it might be a race too much though. He's been on the go since May and I'm always wary about getting stuck into one that could possibly be gone over the top at this time of year. He does seem to take his races very well though and the fact that he idles when he hits the front means that he'll always keep something up his sleeve.

Its a hard call as to whether 5/6 is good value at this stage (I backed him myself at 5/2 after Leopardstown). He's the greatest flat horse I've ever seen and he should, all things being equal, pick this lot up and carry them. Whether you'd want to get stuck in at that price is a personal thing. I'd nearly advise you to wait till Sunday and back him on the PMU (French Tote - most Irish/English bookies will let you do this). At least then you will have a chance to see the horse in the paddock and see how the track is riding on the day. Most Irish & English trained horses will be bigger odds on the PMU then they will be with our own bookmakers.

If you're looking to buy money on one next weekend, then get stuck into Goldikova in the Prix Foret on the Saturday. She'll be shorter than Sea The Stars but she won hard held the last day and will take this before heading Stateside to put back-to-back Breeders Cup Miles together.

thats the answer of a true racing expert guys
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Go way outta that Sammy lad, I'm far from an expert. The game would be an awful lot easier if they could talk!!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Was told that SWOP is a really good bet in the Cambridgeshire at the weekend, Fallon riding, horse in great nick, currently 12/1 in most places.  :o  :o  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

TREASURY COUNCIL 5.00 at Sedgfield mmmmmmmm  ???  another dud, this one might find its way home before dark  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

tread with care last few I stuck up were poor

3.10-Thunder Bridge. This one is a really well bred son of a dual group winner and out of a family of the sussex stakes winner in distant view. He should have plenty of speed and has been reported to have been working well. Looks a weak maiden...

3.40 Foorprint- This one was 2nd last time out behind what will turn out to be a useful sort in super sonic boom. Looks to want good ground. Out of a guinnes winner in footprintsinthesand. Looks a quite finneky horse but in good ground and at the prices his worth a look in the market at 9s
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

rossie mad

good man sammy had a score on that.

it was backed well all mornring.