The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Oh yeah meant to post this yesterday about a true Irish legend, Brave Inca, now retired, some record... Ten grade ones...

BRAVE INCA, who gained a reputation as one of the toughest horses in training during a glittering career that yielded ten Grade 1 victories, has been retired.

Trainer Colm Murphy said of his stable star on Tuesday afternoon: "All good things must come to an end and while it's always a pity to call it a day it was great to have him around for so long."

The Wexford trainer added: "We always said we'd be quite happy to retire him if he wasn't up to competing at the highest level after what he achieved so far."

Brave Inca, the 2006 Champion Hurdle winner, trailed in last of nine finishers behind Fiveforthree in the Ladbrokes.com World Series Hurdle after disappointing previously in the Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle when 18th behind Punjabi.

"After discussing it with his owners after Punchestown, the decision has been made to retire him," said Murphy.

sammymaguire

some interesting runners this afternoon/evening

4.50 Gower e/w
6.45 Grenfell win
8.25 Limerick Boy win
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

word for No.1 @ Downpatrick 20:35 ...

Do what you want with it but dont blame me if its still running this time 2moro...

new devil

How goos is your source candyman?

new devil

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 06, 2009, 04:12:35 PM

4.50 Gower e/w
6.45 Grenfell win
8.25 Limerick Boy win

Swear you couldnt pick your nose samy nearly every post u put up is hammered and ur picking other peoples picks up,do yourself and everyone else a favour and just read your wee paper!!!

Candyman

Quote from: new devil on May 08, 2009, 07:31:24 PM
How goos is your source candyman?

Obviously not that f**king good...  ;D 4th

Donnellys Hollow

Anyone got any fancy for the Derby now after most of the trials have taken place?

I was most impressed by Fame And Glory at Leopardstown myself this weekend. I've heard though that Freemantle is Ballydoyle's great hope for Epsom this year even though he's only one an ordinary maiden at Tipp. Think he's running in the Dante at York on Thursday. Might take a price on him for the Derby before then.

I still think the 2000 Guineas was the best trial run so far and I'd expect both Sea The Stars and Gan Amhras to take the world of beating.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: new devil on May 09, 2009, 10:44:12 AM

4.50 Gower e/w
6.45 Grenfell win
8.25 Limerick Boy win

Swear you couldnt pick your nose samy nearly every post u put up is hammered and ur picking other peoples picks up,do yourself and everyone else a favour and just read your wee paper!!!

oh the devil is the new horseracing supremo on the gaaboard.com... a little harsh to throw out this sort of abuse - I dont know why you think I am picking other people's selections, I am simply passing on a little word about a few triers in the particular races I have been told about. I am not demanding everyone back what I put up but I cannot argue that I am down a few pound on the basis of a few wrong bets in the last few weeks.

Any tips throwing back at me there devil to recoup my losses?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Doogie Browser

Hunting Tower at Towcester tonight, AP is on him.

Disclaimer - Doogie Browser is not responsible for people losing their children's communion money on horse whispers.

new devil

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 11, 2009, 02:47:22 PM
Quote from: new devil on May 09, 2009, 10:44:12 AM

4.50 Gower e/w
6.45 Grenfell win
8.25 Limerick Boy win

oh the devil is the new horseracing supremo on the gaaboard.com... a little harsh to throw out this sort of abuse - I dont know why you think I am picking other people's selections, I am simply passing on a little word about a few triers in the particular races I have been told about. I am not demanding everyone back what I put up but I cannot argue that I am down a few pound on the basis of a few wrong bets in the last few weeks.

Any tips throwing back at me there devil to recoup my losses?

Was only winding sammy...No tips at the minute....I think newcastle game will be a draw tonite...could lump on at 12-5

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 11, 2009, 02:50:51 PM

Disclaimer - Doogie Browser is not responsible for people losing their children's communion money on horse whispers.

good man Doogie. The last of the Early Child Care Supplement is going on it!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

sammymaguire

fair enough devil, I wouldn't totally disagree with that but never like backing the draw especially in crunch games like this relegation derby tonight

at the risk of being lambasted, 2 off john dunlop's are fancied tonight.

7.20-Lake Karamalka

7.50-Times Up "if it doesnt win this it will never win a race"

and Implication at 4.10 Wolverhampton

good luck if u play  :-[
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

maddog

There is serious bucks on this horse. ;) Also heard a bit of word for hampshire express 5.40 killarney

Our Nail Loney

Never backign another horse of JJ Lambes ever again after the last month, when he laid three horses on to win and they ran like donkeys costing me a few hundred quid in the process. An idiot masquerading as a trainer.

new devil

You think we shouls stay away from it ONL?