The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Tiger roll an outsider for the Champion hurdle? Just beat a highly regarded horse of Nicholls' giving him 8lb despite not being 100% fit(from what i hear). He's genuine anyway,had his head down the whole way up the hill,mightn't quite have the pace come March but he's still a baby and could be anything to my eyes.

ardchieftain

Was irked cheltenham wasn't on c4 or attheraces today. Think i backed one horse in the whole flat season. Roll on the national hunt.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on October 18, 2014, 03:34:26 PM
Tiger roll an outsider for the Champion hurdle? Just beat a highly regarded horse of Nicholls' giving him 8lb despite not being 100% fit(from what i hear). He's genuine anyway,had his head down the whole way up the hill,mightn't quite have the pace come March but he's still a baby and could be anything to my eyes.

I think we will see the best of him over a trip. His dam was a decent mare on the flat for Tommy Stack and she stayed all day.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Very interesting to see what the fallout from the Philip Fenton case will be.

beer baron

I'd be thinking the big boys Gigginstown and Barry Connell will be taking their animals out of the yard anyway,although i had heard rumours of Connell moving a lot of his horses to one trainer anyway but the name of the trainer escapes me as it was a name that didn't sound familiar to me?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on October 23, 2014, 05:45:51 PM
I'd be thinking the big boys Gigginstown and Barry Connell will be taking their animals out of the yard anyway,although i had heard rumours of Connell moving a lot of his horses to one trainer anyway but the name of the trainer escapes me as it was a name that didn't sound familiar to me?

Alan Fleming. He used to train Starluck over in England. He has moved home and has a yard on the Curragh. He has had two runners for Barry Connell in recent weeks: Deputy's Pass and Investment Success.

beer baron

How did i know you'd be able to help :D Yeah that's the 1   ;)

Donnellys Hollow

RIP Dessie Hughes.

One of the finest jockeys and trainers this island has ever produced.

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 16, 2014, 05:24:47 PM
RIP Dessie Hughes.

One of the finest jockeys and trainers this island has ever produced.

Came across as an absolute gentleman the few times i spoke to him,a big loss to the racing world R.I.P. Speaks volumes of Richard how he conducted himself the past few months under big pressure winning the jockeys championship whilst all the while knowing his dad hadn't long left.

On a lighter note it was great to see Hurricane fly winning yesterday,i was thinking they should've retired after Punchestown because he appeared to my eyes to not put it all in in the finish both at Cheltenham and Punchestown and i thought he just might've had enough but the break seems to have brought back his appetite. Be interesting to see now if they continue with the plans to step him up in trip or stick to 2 miles.

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

Jason McKeown took Donal Devereux's whip coming down the hill at Cheltenham in an amateur rider's chase a few years ago. He went on to win the race. It was the same day that Russell took a shortcut to win the Cross Country chase.

macdanger2

Anything worth backing today in Limerick, leopardstown or Kempton?

redzone

2.40 limerick. anybody hear anything on Sligo publican?

orangeman

Any tips for Leopardstown today ?