The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on November 23, 2013, 09:02:18 PM
Out of interest what is the mares allowance in the Champion hurdle does anyone know?I'm sure DH does, is it 5 or 7 pound?

7 lbs.

Dawn Run would be laughing if she was around nowadays!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Don Johnson

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 22, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Been a while since we had a tip on here so f*** it.

Got a wire for RECKLESS LAD in the 8.50 @ Dundalk tonight. 7/1 available, had a few quid each way.

Won the 7.45pm at Dundalk there tonight. Backed from 12s to 8/1. Of course tonight I didn't back it.

bcarrier

Fairyhouse should be informative today.

Been pricewised so value probably gone but keen on gambling girl.

Think Zaidpour a big price too. Not sure about Jezki at trip and heard ducked Hurricane Fly because he worked badly beforehand.

illdecide

Jasus this thread is wild quiet considering Stephens Day is one of the busiest racing days in the year...any fancies for tomorrow? who's gonna win the king George? what about the Irish racing tomorrow? I know Hurricane Fly and Our Conor will fight it out I think its Saturday but what other races should we be paying attention too before then?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

beer baron

I think the new one will beat My tent or yours at Kempton today in the Xmas hurdle and become hot favourite for the Champion hurdle.

As for the King George i'd be keen on Cue card only for the virus in the yard,might have a few bob e/w  on Mount Benbulben for an interest,if he sorts out his jumping there's a lot of horse underneath and i think he's about 14/1. Over here i wouldn't be overly surprised to see defy logic turn over Champagne fever today.

beer baron

Jaysus i just checked and Cue card's 7/2,i might just back him after all, i thought he'd be about 2/1   :o

Donnellys Hollow

I think Kid Cassidy will take the beating in the dial-a-bet tomorrow. He's a bit of a nut case but they seemed to have found the key to him at the open meeting and that form has held up well. Sizing Europe is in decline and I don't think Arvika Ligeonnaire is as good going left handed. I can see McCoy producing him with a winning run after the last provided he puts in a clear round.

Donnellys Hollow

Everything else at Leopardstown and Limerick looks like a Mullins benefit over the next few days. Can see a similar story with Henderson across the water with the exception of the King George. I won't be having a bet in it but it wouldn't surprise me if Dynaste turned around Haydock form with Cue Card.

Sea The Stars

The King George is wide open for sure. Cases can be made for the entire field so I won't be going mad but for an interest, I think Silviniaco Conti could just about be the safest bet. I've always like him - I think he's a lovely jumper, he stays and I know he likes the ground. He travelled well in the Gold Cup before falling, a fall I would put down to the way he stands off the fences which is a good thing because he'll make ground on his rivals too with that kind of jumping.

I'd question where the pace will come from in the Christmas Hurdle. It might not be the end-to-end test that I think My Tent or Yours prefers and I could see him pulling early on. At Cheltenham, I think conditions will be more in his favour. I know a lot of people are hinting that it's The New One who'll prefer Cheltenham but in a big field and a fast pace, I would prefer My Tent or Yours.

Looking to the rest of the week, the above poster seems to be forgetting about Jezki. The vibes have hardly been encouraging regarding Our Conor and he didn't run as well as hoped on the flat. I willa lso be opposing Hurricane Fly from now until Cheltenham, he's nearly 10, he's had a lot of racing, his main rivals are many years younger than him and at the likely prices, he's probably worth avoiding. At least until we saw he's back to his best which I don't think think he was at in the Morgiana.

I also think 2 miles in a Grade 1 is not what Arvika Legionnaire is looking for. His jumping might be found out.

Lecale2

Home Farm worth a punt in the Paddy Power Chase? PP are paying 5 places.

beer baron

I actually think arvika could destroy this field,right handed soft ground do him lovely today. As for the paddy power cause of causes has a cracking  chance and I've been waiting for him to step up in trip for a while and will be disappointed if he doesnt place,mind you its a tight handicap and plenty will fancy their horses

Sea The Stars

I'd have a slight concern about this trip for Arvika Ligeoinnaire. Also Leopardstown is a left-handed track.

beer baron

Leopardstownleft handed actually isn't it?ah jays us in not sure I'd have backed him if i had my wits bout me.do

beer baron

Just seen or msg sets i must a been feck in think in of Punchestown

Milltown Row2

Quote from: beer baron on December 27, 2013, 01:23:05 PM
Just seen or msg sets i must a been feck in think in of Punchestown
Well in contention but didn't have any speed in the end, jumped really well too
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea