The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count 10

Paul Carberry back tomorrow 8)....get the santa money!!

beer baron

Quote from: Count 10 on November 19, 2013, 07:01:16 PM
Paul Carberry back tomorrow 8)....get the santa money!!

Now that's what i've been waiting to hear  :D Might play up some of the weekends winnings,he on anything appealling?

sammymaguire

Nice day for favourite backers so far  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Been a while since we had a tip on here so f*** it.

Got a wire for RECKLESS LAD in the 8.50 @ Dundalk tonight. 7/1 available, had a few quid each way.

beer baron

Ah go on then ill have a 5r e/w for the fun of it  :P

ardchieftain

Why is Bobs Worth such a big price tomorrow? Outstanding value for me

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 22, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
Been a while since we had a tip on here so f*** it.

Got a wire for RECKLESS LAD in the 8.50 @ Dundalk tonight. 7/1 available, had a few quid each way.

hope its a while before u give us another one of your wires ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

beer baron

Quote from: ardchieftain on November 22, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

1st run of the season,won't be anywhere near 100 percent i wouldn't think as i've heard Henderson say before he's hard to train.
In the Gold cup he was outpaced for a long way on a stiffer track over a longer trip so i could see him being left with a lot to do here plus i'd be doubting Geraghty will go too hard on him if push comes to shove and he doesn't look to have a good chance as all roads lead to March. I think 9/4 is about right.

I think i'll back Cue Card at about 9/1 e/w, i'd expect him to come on a lot from his debut run and think he's worth another crack at this trip (wasn't exactly stopping in the ryanair) so at the prices i'll have a few bob on him but long run could be another bit of value,i've never been his biggest fan and he ran awful last time out and his jumping leaves a lot to be desired but if anywhere near his best odds of about 12/1 could look big but i'll not be backing.
I think Silviniaco Conti is massively over rated and Ruby made him look twice the horse he was last year,i'd be shocked if he won.
He'll prob put in 1 of the greatest performances in decades now   :P

Hardy

Japers! That was some performance from Cue Card. 4/1 for the Gold Cup now. Bobs Worth 7/2 fav.

beer baron

Sometimes gambling is quite fun  ;D

That was some performance,threw in some cracking jumps,can't believe how cool Tizzard stayed when Dynaste came upsides  :o 

Donnellys Hollow

Well done BB. Cue Card is bred for staying trips. His dam ran in the Grand National for Eddie Hales. That has really shaken up the Gold Cup market.

A pleasing return for Annie Power. She should improve from here but interesting to see where they go now.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

charlieTully

Quote from: beer baron on November 23, 2013, 10:39:11 AM
Quote from: ardchieftain on November 22, 2013, 11:25:10 PM

1st run of the season,won't be anywhere near 100 percent i wouldn't think as i've heard Henderson say before he's hard to train.
In the Gold cup he was outpaced for a long way on a stiffer track over a longer trip so i could see him being left with a lot to do here plus i'd be doubting Geraghty will go too hard on him if push comes to shove and he doesn't look to have a good chance as all roads lead to March. I think 9/4 is about right.

I think i'll back Cue Card at about 9/1 e/w, i'd expect him to come on a lot from his debut run and think he's worth another crack at this trip (wasn't exactly stopping in the ryanair) so at the prices i'll have a few bob on him but long run could be another bit of value,i've never been his biggest fan and he ran awful last time out and his jumping leaves a lot to be desired but if anywhere near his best odds of about 12/1 could look big but i'll not be backing.
I think Silviniaco Conti is massively over rated and Ruby made him look twice the horse he was last year,i'd be shocked if he won.
He'll prob put in 1 of the greatest performances in decades now   :P

I really wish I had logged on here this morning, wasted a score on silviniaco.

ardchieftain

Well done beer baron. Great win for cue card, i honestly never expected him to stay the distance on that ground.
Annie Power, what's the verdict? Looks more of a stayer to me.

beer baron

I'll say one thing,if she goes for the Champion hurdle i wouldn't back her with counterfeit! Not quick enough at her hurdles and looked out paced for a moment over 2 mile 3 against an over rated horse in Zarkandar getting 11 pounds off him,doesn't look the star to my eyes that they think they have  ???

beer baron

Out of interest what is the mares allowance in the Champion hurdle does anyone know?I'm sure DH does, is it 5 or 7 pound?