The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: bcarrier on October 30, 2013, 04:42:48 PM
Sam Twiston Davies riding Tidal Bay and Unioniste for Nicholls at the weekend.

Nick Schofield getting the Down Royal rides apparently.

Jacob suspended or what? Think Sam's a cracking young jock so won't be any kind of Hinderance though i still won't be backing either horse, Might Back At Fishers cross To beat Tidal bay if he's odds against, he's a bit of a star in the making.

bcarrier

Jacob injured.

Surprised he hasn't been able to get Ruby at Down Royal.

Donnellys Hollow

Prince De Beauchene is down to run on Saturday so that rules Walsh out of riding for Nicholls.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Wildweasel74

Great to see an Antrim man who is an out and out winner, 4000 may never be surpassed. dont know about missing dinners 3 nights a wk craic, thats staravtion, some determination needed there to keep in same,

Tony Baloney

Well done that man. Some will power required over the past 20 years!

sammymaguire

Almost as impressive as Phil The Power!  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

beer baron

Serious bit of racing today, both at punchestown and cheltenham, had planned to go to punchestown to see the hurricane make history but booking my accomadation for cheltenham in march in the morning so something had to give :P i expect defy logic to put down a marker today in the 2 miler and will be good to see who gets the better between don cossack and morning assembly in the 1.40, i for one won't  be backing anything in it.over at cheltenham i can see thomas edison go well, looked a bit of a star as a bumper horse but has disapppointed over hurdles but ive thought for a while martin's  been lining up something for him and he's  been well backed all week so.............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             i expect the liquidator  to win his race and i think ill back him as well as dodging bullets who impressed  me on his chasing debut, if sire de grugy goes odds on  ill lay him , looks a lot more competitive race to my eyes than the bookies seem to think. if i havent mentioned a winner there i think i'lll quit 8)

maddog

I know its early days etc but has anyone any long terms ante post speculative views at this stage for the festival ?

That Annie Power looks like some prospect but what race would it be likely to go for in March? Champion hurdle its around 16/1

bcarrier

Mullins said the other day that he had a plan for annie power in the back of his head but was going to keep it there for a while  :'(

It is a bit of a nightmare trying to figure out which way the mullins horses will go. Unbelievable depth in the yard now.

Donnellys Hollow

I think Annie Power will go for the Hattons Grace first time out. I wouldn't be sure she will even go to Cheltenham after skipping it this year.

The strength in depth that Mullins has is incredible. He will totally dominate this season which won't make for good viewing to be honest. You can see why Walsh gave up his gig with Nicholls. It's great to see so many of these good horses being kept in Ireland but it's not good for the game if they're all concentrated in the one yard.

Briar Hill out over hurdles tomorrow at Wexford. Another one of his potential stars.

bcarrier

Annie Power entered at Ascot on Saturday. http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=589877&r_date=2013-11-23#raceTabs=sc_

Maybe Willie will start targeting Saturdays in UK after all.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on November 19, 2013, 02:22:55 PM
Annie Power entered at Ascot on Saturday. http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards/card.sd?race_id=589877&r_date=2013-11-23#raceTabs=sc_

Maybe Willie will start targeting Saturdays in UK after all.

He has to unless he wants two or three of his good horses running against each other over here all the time. It won't take long before there are a few noses put out of joint across the water if he starts winning those Saturday races on a regular basis.

bcarrier

Nice prize and conditions of that race suiting her.