The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

What a muppet for thinking Mullins's horses might be short of peak form!

Quevega was as good as ever. Real pity that Solwhit had to be pulled out.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

The Worker

Any fancies for tomorrow?

ardchieftain

It was very disappointing to see Solwhit withdrawn but he wouldn't have beaten Quevega anyway in my opinion. Was delighted with the 2/1 i got but this rule 4 will take nearly half the profit.
Followmeuptocarlow - have seen very few horses stop so dramatically as that. Bit gutted about that one.

Friday - Mullins and Ruby could have 4 winners and i'd be very surprised if they don't get at least 3. Would be nice to see the young girl Mangan win the last.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Worker on April 25, 2013, 09:33:55 PM
Any fancies for tomorrow?

Heading down myself and really looking forward to both the day's racing and Naas tomorrow night! Like the look of Shin a Vee in the first and White Star Line in the second. strongly fancy Salsify to avail of the softer ground for a more convincing triumph this time round.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Mickey Linden

Is soft not an negative for salsify? I'll hopefully bump into ya tomorrow for a beer

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sorry Mickey, you're right, I'd mixed that up in my head. Not sure where that leaves my considerations. Notable that Salsify thumped Oscar Delta on soft to heavy back in February.

Give me a shout about a pint in any event (hopefully with the winnings!)

Mickey Linden

For what it's worth I'll be having a good ew punt on Moscow mannon tomorrow!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Any views on the Guineas lads? Trying to talk myself out of a reasonable bet on Dawn Approach but he's a very solid favourite in my view. My concerns were the lack of a run this year and having not been tried over a mile but the history books suggest both can be overcome.

Some weekend for Ryan Moore- Kentucky Derby Saturday night then the Oaks Sunday afternoon!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on May 01, 2013, 09:56:30 PM
Any views on the Guineas lads? Trying to talk myself out of a reasonable bet on Dawn Approach but he's a very solid favourite in my view. My concerns were the lack of a run this year and having not been tried over a mile but the history books suggest both can be overcome.

Dawn Approach's price is probably about right at the moment. I expect he will drift on the day which could possibly make him a backable price. It's not the most stellar of 2000 Guineas fields on paper. Toronado will have plenty of supporters but the Craven winner is often underpriced simply because he's fresh in the minds of punters. I'm not sure his form is comparable with Dawn Approach's. Ballydoyle are the elephant in the room. No one knows what sort of form they will turn up in. You can be guaranteed they will come on for the run.

DK's horse in the 1000 on Sunday should go well.

drici

beer baron

I'm going to have a little bet e/w on Cristoforo Colombo,hoping history will repeat itself as i had Henry the navigator backed the year he beat new approach  :D
I'm not too mad into the flat racing so will rely on DH to keep me in winners  ;D

take_yer_points

Lads

Heading to Dundalk tonight for the dinner and horses. Any tips or anything to look out for??

Bud Wiser

Lookout for horsemeat in the dinner  :)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Donnellys Hollow

Some weekend for Ryan Moore- Kentucky Derby Saturday night then the Oaks Sunday afternoon!

I hope you had a decent wedge on TAM.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 04, 2013, 04:53:27 PM

I hope you had a decent wedge on TAM.

Thanks DH, I had a big bet by my own standards so delighted. Never a moment's worry really. Nicked place money with Moth today too. She finished very strongly after hitting a bit of trouble in running. Favourite for the Oaks now.

Parish Hall must have some sort of a chance against Camelot tomorrow in receipt of 5 pounds and with the advantage of a run? St Nick was thumped at long odds on in the same race last year.