The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 13, 2012, 06:27:08 PM
Anyone care to wire me the price of an arse for a pair of trousers?

God bless you Quevega you marvellous little madam. You have paid for my ferry home!

Only winner for ye today DH? and shouts for tomorrow? couldn't get much worse than today for us all...

boojangles

Heard good things about Simonsig for the Neptune but looking at the form it is hard to look by Batonnier. Course and distance winner.

Don Johnson

Even though I am completely dejected about Hurricane Fly I ended up a few hundred today, got £300 odd back from my placepot which was an unexpected bonus.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Bets I have done from last week include Simonsig at 3/1, Alfie Spinner at 14/1 EW and Moscow Mannon at 8/1.

I also had Sir Des Champs for the RSA and Toner d'Oudaries for the Coral Cup but they aren't going now so I will be going for First Lieutenant and Act Of Kalanisi EW in their places.

I have Ulck Du Lin backed at 10/1 for the Fred Winter but have since heard that Vendor is a steering job and that King rates him as high as his Triumph Hurdle runners so i might have a cover bet on him tomorrow as well.

Haven't had a play on the Champion Chase, think Sizing Europe is a winner by default but there isn't much value in backing him at the price. Sprinter Sacre could have won this race.

Sea The Stars

Kauto Stone and Realt Dubh are both overpriced in the CC at 16/1 and 25/1 respectively.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Filing today under "could have been worse" and dusting myself down to resume battle tomorrow. Suspect the short priced favourites could be vulnerable in the big races, have backed Join Together and Finian's Rainbow and won't be supporting Simonsig. Vendor to win the Fred Winter. Is Carlio Brigante confirmed for the Coral Cup?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ardchieftain

Aye, Tac, back in the ring for another swing.
I have Sizing Europe and Grands Crus done ante post and won't be covering my bets.

Think Meade might have a good day with Monkisland for the win and Silverhand for a place.

If i'm still standing late on will take a stab at Vendor.

placepot

Teaforthree
Monkisland
Grands Crus
Sizing Europe
Silverhand
Vendor

Lecale2

Looking for a better dat today. No idea what I'll do yet.

Atticus_Finch

Here are my selections for today:

1.30 Iron Chancellor 28/1 E/W
2.05 Cotton Mill 12/1
2.40 Call the Police 20/1 E/W  .... I know my West Belfast and South Armagh friends will have qualms about backing this horse but I think it is a bit of value  ;)
3.20 Kauto Stone 18/1 E/W - A much better horse than what its last outing suggested
4.00 Carlito Brigante 16/1 NAP  (Yes i'm aware E/W was not indicated) ... While i'm here i'll give you my NAP of the festival Carilto Brigante E/W, most bookies are going 5 places.
4.40 Moujik Bourget 40/1 E/W - Not a strong fancy but one of the guys on the Chelt preview panel at the Europa kept going on about this horse so worth a shot
5.15 Clonbanan Lad 16/1 E/W - A lot of boys I know really fancy this horse and think that it is more than capable of putting in a big performance here.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ludermor

Rock On Ruby saved me yesterday so startign slightly up today

Im going with
Harry the Viking
Monksland
Bobs Worth
Sizing Europe
Final Approach
Chill
Clonbanan Lad

gaa.boy

Pretty good day y'day (would have been an outstanding day if the fly had have obliged  :'( ). Todays punts:
1:30 Four Commanders e/w
2:05 Monksland
2:40 Grand Crus
3:20 Sizing Europe
4:00 Act Of Kalanisi ew (because Its a Gimme withdrawn)
4:40 Vendor
5:15 Ive been laying Moscow Mannion on Betfair

ballinaman

I've been told that Soll at 1.30pm is a good E/W bet today supposedly.

AQMP

This looks like a tough day to pick winners (much like any other day of my betting career)

1:30  Teaforthree
2:05  Simonsig
2:40  Call The Police (EW)
3:20  Sizing Europe
4:00  Carlito Brigante (EW)
4:40  Gorgeous Sixty
5:15  Royal Guardsman

AQMP

Quote from: boojangles on March 13, 2012, 10:17:26 PM
Heard good things about Simonsig for the Neptune but looking at the form it is hard to look by Batonnier. Course and distance winner.

Batonnier now a N/R

Donnellys Hollow

Misty morning here in the Cottswolds. Plenty of sore heads around!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

GAA_Talk

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 14, 2012, 10:35:13 AM
Misty morning here in the Cottswolds. Plenty of sore heads around!

What do you think of Fergie's horse the day DH?