The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

Anyone know how many horses Robert Tyner has entered for the festival?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

bcarrier

13Mar12    2:40    Tullintain CHELTENHAM (Early closer), JLT Specialty Handicap Chase Grade 3    

15Mar12    4:40    Tullintain CHELTENHAM (Early closer), Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Amateur Riders)    

Donnellys Hollow

There's nothing really jumping off the page to me anyway. It's A Gimme would be one horse I'd be keeping an eye on wherever he goes. Looks one of the JP plot horses this year. I don't think there are many of our horses especially well treated but that was to be expected after last year.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Radda bout yeee

Toostrong any chance today DH? - I remember you mentioning it before!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 01, 2012, 12:48:12 PM
Toostrong any chance today DH? - I remember you mentioning it before!

Like the horse but he doesn't seem to be fancied today. Both Russell and Walsh have passed him over.

Donnellys Hollow

Great boost to the form of Boston Bob and Monksland with Lyreen Legend winning the Grade 2 at Thurles.

Heard Quevega did a sparkling bit of schooling up the Curragh. Hurricane Fly and Boston Bob were also schooled over a few hurdles.

RGU08

Paul Nicholls reporting on twitter Kauto Star only 50/50 for Gold Cup, doesn't sound good. apparently he took a tumble last week schooling.

Don Johnson

So who would Ruby ride then?

What A Friend
Poquelin
Tidal Bay
Apt Approach
Quel Esprit
The Midnight Club

beer baron

Don i'd expect ruby to be between quel esprit or What a friend with prefence for the former!

Donnellys Hollow

He'll need his head testing if he rides that wretched What A Friend over Quel Esprit.

Don Johnson

What price have you got Quel Esprit at DH?

Donnellys Hollow

25s mostly with a very small bit of 40s. I'd be surprised if he's out of the three with many of the challengers falling by the wayside.

Grands Crus will go for the Gold Cup now surely though.

tommysmith

ardchieftain

Not good news about Kauto Star. Looks like i may bin my ante post docket on Grands Crus for the novice race.

Radda bout yeee

What would happen with the PP 4 time ruby special if Kauto doesn't go?