The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

Just looking at the betting for Cheltenham their i think i will do an accum tomorrow and get the early price.

Fingal Bay 5/1
Grands Crus 5/2
Hurricane Fly 9/4
Sprinter Sacre 5/2
Darlan 14/1
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on January 09, 2012, 09:46:00 PM
Just looking at the betting for Cheltenham their i think i will do an accum tomorrow and get the early price.

Fingal Bay 5/1
Grands Crus 5/2
Hurricane Fly 9/4
Sprinter Sacre 5/2
Darlan 14/1

I'd be fairly certain Grands Crus will go for the Gold Cup. The Pipes are greedy hoors and they have a history of pithcing their better novices in at the deep end.

Accums are very speculative at the best of times but I'd definitely be putting in both Quevega and Scotsirish if I was given a free bet now.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Oak Leafer

Lads was give Sycho Fred 3.25 Doncaster. Never received from this source before so don't get too excited! ;)

Having a break from gambling so not backing myself....was around 10/1 earlier i think

sammymaguire

Andrew Nick also fancied 3.00.

Don't ya just hate to see your horse drift like a barge 5 mins before the off  :(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Oak Leafer on January 11, 2012, 02:33:15 PM
Lads was give Sycho Fred 3.25 Doncaster. Never received from this source before so don't get too excited! ;)

Having a break from gambling so not backing myself....was around 10/1 earlier i think

Finished just outside the frame in 4th.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gaa.boy

Heading to Navan on Sunday, any pointers would be greatly appreciated (particularly from yourself DH). Ta.
Also considering staying over after the meeting. What is Navan like to go out in?

Candyman

A whisper for Smoky Cloud, 6.45pm. Looking at its form would make u ill, but was 25/1 lastnite, now 10's? Have a wee nibble myself, couldn't be any worse than some of todays results... Usual rules apply!! ;-)

bridge fan

navan good spot to go out in ryans after racing then the palace

Candyman

Donnellys Hollow

http://www.examiner.ie/sport/racing/fly-firmly-on-course-for-leopardstown-179928.html

PP going 7/2 for him to win both the Irish & English Champion Hurdles? Hmmmm........

TacadoirArdMhacha

I see PP have pushed Quevega out to 6/4. It would seem to be far from certain that either Voler La Vedette or Unaccompanied will oppose so it could be a very different price by the day of the race. I suppose the fact that VLV had more to spare on Mourad at Christmas than Quevega had in May is the only question mark over her form.

Donnellys Hollow

As you say TAM, I wouldn't be sure VLV will run when there's a handy race for her at Fairyhouse. I recall reading/hearing somewhere that she's not the best traveller so they're not overly keen on going to England.I'd be satisfied that Quevega has plenty in hand over her anyway. They've met twice and Quevega has beaten her convincingly on both occasions.

Again I'd be sceptical about Unaccompanied turning up. I think she'll go in the Champion Hurdle regardless of how she gets on against Hurricane Fly at Leopardstown. There's no guarantee she'd get the trip in the mares race considering the farthest she went on the flat was 10f. I also don't think Moyglare have kept her racing to be messing around in mares only events. They're an ambitious operation and considering her value as a broodmare, it must have been tempting to get her covered after last season.

Quevega is just a different league to the rest of those mares. She'd give Big Bucks a right rattle IMO.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 12, 2012, 01:11:43 PM
As you say TAM, I wouldn't be sure VLV will run when there's a handy race for her at Fairyhouse. I recall reading/hearing somewhere that she's not the best traveller so they're not overly keen on going to England.I'd be satisfied that Quevega has plenty in hand over her anyway. They've met twice and Quevega has beaten her convincingly on both occasions.

Again I'd be sceptical about Unaccompanied turning up. I think she'll go in the Champion Hurdle regardless of how she gets on against Hurricane Fly at Leopardstown. There's no guarantee she'd get the trip in the mares race considering the farthest she went on the flat was 10f. I also don't think Moyglare have kept her racing to be messing around in mares only events. They're an ambitious operation and considering her value as a broodmare, it must have been tempting to get her covered after last season.

Quevega is just a different league to the rest of those mares. She'd give Big Bucks a right rattle IMO.

I agree. Do you hold out any hope for that match?

Donnellys Hollow

Unlikely I'd say. Now that they've made a mess of Cheltenham and diluted the quality with all these extra races, Quevega will always be a penalty kick for the mares race. With Thousand Stars in the same ownership, I doubt the Clane lads who own her are that bothered with Liverpool and Big Bucks is unlikely to ever come over to Punchestown because he's supposedly a bad traveller. There's no one with any imagination in racing these days to organise and promote a big match up like Dawn Run v Buck House in '86. They'll just keep beating up the same moderate horses time and time again in non-event races.

Oak Leafer

Had a trixie on 3 horse. One pulled out and declared Non runner. Do i need the other 2 both to win for a payout?