The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridge fan

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on December 10, 2011, 10:56:29 AM
bishops walk 3-25 navan

+1

Been waiting to see this horse for over a year since his one run for Timmy Hyde.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridge fan

disappointing but really had no assistance from jockey he is a clown whick made me not lose so much on him but i said befor im never backing him on a horse again and by god i mean it this time  that will be the last  time

Donnellys Hollow

Ah JP is alright!

Some of his inspiring efforts on Rhinestone Cowboy are still fresh in the memory.

I see Wandering Angus is out tomorrow. He beat Cheltenian on his only previous start. Big day too for Rubi Light. Looks like he'll take all the beating in the Durkan.

beer baron

Been for wandering Aengus to run again after he ruined my bet on Cheltenian last year  :'(  I'd say the bookies will be taking no chances with his price!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 09, 2011, 03:26:31 PM
It not that a wont back shorties lads because i have and will do, but I just laugh when the paper fav is posted up here as a tip

To be fair that's why I was in no panic to back Ice Factor. 6/4 would have made it hardly worth my while.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

illdecide

The next race at Punchestown should be interesting (2:05) all the tipsters are going for Rubi Light but i've a we liking for Joncol (not a tip ;))
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on December 11, 2011, 01:50:07 PM
The next race at Punchestown should be interesting (2:05) all the tipsters are going for Rubi Light but i've a we liking for Joncol (not a tip ;))

Based on your advice I went for Rubi Light. Cheers.  :P

Donnellys Hollow

Surprised he's such a big price for the Lexus after that win. I thought it was a serious performance. He could well be a Gold Cup horse. He's definitely the most interesting of the Irish trained horses.

Groucho

What can i say about Carberry.......cost me Xmas today....fcker :'(
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

beer baron

Quote from: Groucho on December 11, 2011, 08:34:24 PM
What can i say about Carberry.......cost me Xmas today....fcker :'(

Dylan Ross?Felt he could've won myself but i had it backed as well so wouldn't exactly be unbiased!

Donnellys Hollow

I wouldn't be underestimating Culloty's horse. He has a lot less experience than Dylan Ross but looks tough out and was always holding him. Dylan Ross looks like another of Meade's early season novice hurdlers. They look like superstars beating rubbish in maidens but once the big yards get their better ones out coming up to Christmas, a lot of them fall by the wayside. That said, Corbally Ghost won a strong looking race down at Mallow today. Sword Of Destiny should have his mettle tested next Sunday if he takes on Mount Benbulben.

illdecide

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 11, 2011, 02:14:55 PM
Quote from: illdecide on December 11, 2011, 01:50:07 PM

Based on your advice I went for Rubi Light. Cheers.  :P

Good lad...anyone gets a few quid of the bookie is deserved...glad u didn't do my fancy, just sums up the year i had :-X
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Waley-Cohen  :D

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=FKN_2011_12_12_03_1400

If anybody actually believes his 'excuse' than they need their heads seeing to. Clearly went to ride the horse out after what he thought was the last.

bcarrier

Did himself no favours with that excuse.

Quote from his father ...

Robert Waley-Cohen added: "It's a huge relief and I'm thrilled for him to be able to show what he's made of."