The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Fcukin horse is made of glass.

Hope to god it's not serious.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 16, 2011, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 15, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 03, 2011, 09:43:31 PM
I think Staying Article in the same yard is a horse with a lot more potential.

Where has this horse gone to?

I don't know why he didn't race after his maiden win last year but he was entered at Naas last weekend but didn't run because of the heavy ground. He has been bought by Thomas Barr over the summer.

Staying Article runs in the second race at Fairyhouse tomorrow.

Being punted off the boards since last night. Must be ready.

2nd, lucky I missed it

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 16, 2011, 02:46:07 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 16, 2011, 09:22:56 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 15, 2011, 11:06:06 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on November 04, 2011, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 03, 2011, 09:43:31 PM
I think Staying Article in the same yard is a horse with a lot more potential.

Where has this horse gone to?

I don't know why he didn't race after his maiden win last year but he was entered at Naas last weekend but didn't run because of the heavy ground. He has been bought by Thomas Barr over the summer.

Staying Article runs in the second race at Fairyhouse tomorrow.

Being punted off the boards since last night. Must be ready.

2nd, lucky I missed it

I didn't miss it!  :( Beans and toast tonight then!!!!  :P

Donnellys Hollow

Feckin monkeys those Definite Articles. Don't know how many times I've promised myself never to fall for one again.

Oak Leafer

Ipsos Du Berlais out again today in 2.45 Thurles......Thoughts on his chances today DH?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 17, 2011, 09:49:46 AM
Ipsos Du Berlais out again today in 2.45 Thurles......Thoughts on his chances today DH?

He'll piss up. Not much of a price now mind with Black Benny taken out. Managed to get the 4/6 last night but might incur a rule 4 now.

Some good novices running today and already some cash around for them. Rathlin (6th in the Supreme Novices last season) ran like a drain on his debut for Mouse Morris but he's far better than that. Aupcharlie (first Irish horse home in the Cheltenham bumper) now runs in the Potts colours and has been transferred to Willie Mullins.

Horse I'm really looking forward to called Simonsig (hosed up in the p2p bumper at Fairyhouse) makes his hurdling debut tomorrow for Henderson at Ascot.

Radda bout yeee

DH whats you thoughts on the bet fair chase this saturday? I know long run won the gold cup but is he all he's made out to be?

sammymaguire

Anyone get word on Rothwell's runner, Mark Me Up in the 3.15? Also heard Just Rob is fancied in the 1.15 as is Chargen e/w in the 3.30 Hereford... wouldnt go too crazy on any but might be worth watching the markets on them.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

RealSpiritof98

Right lads Im interested in anyone that was over at Cheltenham last week or ever before, im organising a stag for the bro and I think we want the open meeting at PP next year.

Has anyone been on these before?

Does anyone know the best agent/hotel/bnb to go through?

All thoughts and opinions are welcome!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 17, 2011, 12:40:22 PM
DH whats you thoughts on the bet fair chase this saturday? I know long run won the gold cup but is he all he's made out to be?

Race to avoid like the plague IMO. Too many question marks over the whole field.

Long Run is a worthy fav but is too short for a number of reasons. It's his first run and he was beaten on his reappearance last year off a mark of 152 in the Paddy Power. He's overrated on his Gold Cup form which didn't take much winning - two regressive horses (albeit fine horses at their peak) bang there turning in and a pure dog of a horse in What A Friend not beaten far. Also you're backing, by a stretch, the worst jockey in the race who rarely has convinced on this horse who can clout a fence.

Diamond Harry is a bit of a flat track bully. Never really produced when asked to do it in top company and always seems to have some excuse made for him.

Weird Al won the Charlie Hall well but he might struggle to put back to back performances together and he has been found wanting at the highest level too.

Time For Rupert is another horse who doesn't really justify his reputation for me. I think he's rated on the basis of one run over hurdles and hasn't beaten a whole lot as a chaser. Ran like a drain when supposedly the English good thing at Cheltenham last season.

Kauto Star should have been retired after Punchestown. He ran like a horse who had simply had enough and no amount of positive bulletins from Nicholls will convince me otherwise though I would love to be proved wrong.

I can't find a betting angle on the race at all. It's a pity Rubi Light wasn't ready for it because I fancy he'd well outrun his price against this field. Too many holes in the lot of them. Long Run SHOULD win but he's not a horse I'd ever think was value at a short price against most opposition.

Oak Leafer

Remember Now 12.50 haydock...McCoys fancied to win... ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 18, 2011, 12:30:24 PM

doing this one in a double with 3.55 ASCOT - DECOY 6/4
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

tommysmith

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 18, 2011, 12:30:24 PM

Oh f**k ....

Oak Leafer

tommysmith

Thats my betting finished for two weeks.