The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Galway native Alain Cawley has recently joined English trainer Martin Keighley's yard in the last few weeks and has already enjoyed the sweet taste of success, albeit on an odds on shot and is riding again tomorrow, Sky Calling at Lingfield in the 3.10 in what could make a very solid each way bet @ 9/1 - drifting like a barge, now out to 14/1.... but still might stick in an e/w double with KAYF COMMANDER in the 3.00 who is being backed from 14/1 to 13/2... 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Paul Nicholls stable tour pullout in RP today, have only flicked over it so far but seems good enough.

Big Bucks going same route as last year, checked Oddschecker there to see the odds to go the season unbeaten - 7/4!

Don Johnson

Who's entering the Tote Ten To Follow this year then?

Anyone fancy entering one now and starting a GAA Board mini league?

QuoteTo set-up a mini-league you need to appoint a member of your group as the organiser, who when placing their online entry, will need to register a name for the mini-league.

After completing their competition entry and registering the Mini-League name, the organiser will be given a unique PIN which will be required to access the mini-league. The PIN must be advised to other members of the group who must input the PIN to join the mini-league at the time of making an online entry.

Armaghgael

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 08, 2011, 09:37:06 PM
Who's entering the Tote Ten To Follow this year then?

Anyone fancy entering one now and starting a GAA Board mini league?

QuoteTo set-up a mini-league you need to appoint a member of your group as the organiser, who when placing their online entry, will need to register a name for the mini-league.

After completing their competition entry and registering the Mini-League name, the organiser will be given a unique PIN which will be required to access the mini-league. The PIN must be advised to other members of the group who must input the PIN to join the mini-league at the time of making an online entry.

I'm up for it
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Hardy

Don Johnson

Need someone to enter their ten first and request a mini league. I am not going to put my ten in until Friday probably, always leave it to the last possible minute!

Have to see how Peddlers gets on today anyway!

Just thinking even if we don't have an official mini league setup, we could just post our lists up here and one of us can keep track of it during the year, wouldn't be too hard.

sammymaguire

There is your first horse chosen for you now Don, Peddlers does the business, easy peasy.

whats the link, I'll take a look at sticking a few nags together for this  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

https://ttf.totesport.com/

Check out the bonus races as well. Extra points for them, first is the Paddy Power Gold Cup this weekend. There is also a bonus window where you can enter two new horses in January or February I think.

Peddlers was evens to win under 12 lengths with Cashmans there today.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 09, 2011, 10:49:49 AM
Need someone to enter their ten first and request a mini league. I am not going to put my ten in until Friday probably, always leave it to the last possible minute!

Just thinking even if we don't have an official mini league setup, we could just post our lists up here and one of us can keep track of it during the year, wouldn't be too hard.

They've a good comp on the Irish section of the Betfair forum. We could work something similar here if we had enough interest I reckon:

Rules

1. Up to three stables per person.
2. Each stable to consist of 10 Irish-trained horses.
3. Competition to start... Saturday 12th November 2011
4. Closing date for entries... 12pm Saturday 12th November 2011
5. Competition to end ... last day of 2012 Punchestown festival (Saturday April 28th).
6.  A person can change their selection as many times as they want up to the start date of the competition. last selection before this date, or first after will then be taken as final.

8. Transfer periods are as follows:
i. Christmas transfer period 20th - 26th December 2011, closing at 12pm on the 26th December. Two transfers.
ii. Cheltenham transfer period 9th - 13th March 2012, closing at 12pm on the 13th March. Two transfers.
iii. Final transfer period, Punchestown 20th April - 24th April 2012, closing at 12pm on the 24th April. Two transfers.

9. Points scoring:
The points awarded were as follows:
25pts for winning a Grade 1 race, 12pts for 2nd, 6pts for 3rd.

20pts for winning a Grade 2 race, 10pts for 2nd, 5pts for 3rd.

15pts for winning a Grade 3/Listed race, 8pts for 2nd, 4pts for 3rd.

12pts for winning a Hcap race, 6pts for 2nd, 3pts for 3rd.

10pts for winning any other races(Maiden & novice hurdles; Beginner's and Novice chases, bumpers etc), 5pts for 2nd, 2pts for 3rd.

ii. Additional 25pts are awarded to the winner, 12pts to the runner up, and 6pts for the 3rd in the following races:

Morgiana Hurdle
Drinmore Novice Chase
Royal Bond Novice Hurdle
Hattons Grace Hurdle
John Durkan Chase
King George VI Chase (Kempton)
Lexus Chase
Bord na Mona Novice Chase
Paddy Power Chase (Leopardstown)
December Hurdle
MCR Hurdle
Irish Arkle Chase
Irish Champion Hurdle
Deloitte Novice Hurdle
Dr PJ Moriarty Novice Chase
Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup
Powers Gold Cup
Supreme Novices Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Irish Independent Arkle Trophy (Cheltenham)
Champion Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Neptune Investments Novice Hurdle (Cheltenham)
RSA Chase (Cheltenham)
Queen Mother Champion Chase (Cheltenham)
World Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Triumph Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Cheltenham Gold Cup (Cheltenham)
John Smiths Grand National (Aintree)
Powers Whiskey Irish Grand National
Punchestown Champion Chase
Punchestown Guinness Gold Cup
Ladbrokes.com World Series Hurdle
Rabobank Champion Hurdle

iii. Points awarded for Irish and UK racing only!

10. Referee's decision is final.
11. A leaderboard will be updated each Monday/Tuesday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Heartbroken

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 09, 2011, 02:46:26 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on November 09, 2011, 10:49:49 AM

They've a good comp on the Irish section of the Betfair forum. We could work something similar here if we had enough interest I reckon:

Rules

1. Up to three stables per person.
2. Each stable to consist of 10 Irish-trained horses.
3. Competition to start... Saturday 12th November 2011
4. Closing date for entries... 12pm Saturday 12th November 2011
5. Competition to end ... last day of 2012 Punchestown festival (Saturday April 28th).
6.  A person can change their selection as many times as they want up to the start date of the competition. last selection before this date, or first after will then be taken as final.

8. Transfer periods are as follows:
i. Christmas transfer period 20th - 26th December 2011, closing at 12pm on the 26th December. Two transfers.
ii. Cheltenham transfer period 9th - 13th March 2012, closing at 12pm on the 13th March. Two transfers.
iii. Final transfer period, Punchestown 20th April - 24th April 2012, closing at 12pm on the 24th April. Two transfers.

9. Points scoring:
The points awarded were as follows:
25pts for winning a Grade 1 race, 12pts for 2nd, 6pts for 3rd.

20pts for winning a Grade 2 race, 10pts for 2nd, 5pts for 3rd.

15pts for winning a Grade 3/Listed race, 8pts for 2nd, 4pts for 3rd.

12pts for winning a Hcap race, 6pts for 2nd, 3pts for 3rd.

10pts for winning any other races(Maiden & novice hurdles; Beginner's and Novice chases, bumpers etc), 5pts for 2nd, 2pts for 3rd.

ii. Additional 25pts are awarded to the winner, 12pts to the runner up, and 6pts for the 3rd in the following races:

Morgiana Hurdle
Drinmore Novice Chase
Royal Bond Novice Hurdle
Hattons Grace Hurdle
John Durkan Chase
King George VI Chase (Kempton)
Lexus Chase
Bord na Mona Novice Chase
Paddy Power Chase (Leopardstown)
December Hurdle
MCR Hurdle
Irish Arkle Chase
Irish Champion Hurdle
Deloitte Novice Hurdle
Dr PJ Moriarty Novice Chase
Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup
Powers Gold Cup
Supreme Novices Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Irish Independent Arkle Trophy (Cheltenham)
Champion Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Neptune Investments Novice Hurdle (Cheltenham)
RSA Chase (Cheltenham)
Queen Mother Champion Chase (Cheltenham)
World Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Triumph Hurdle (Cheltenham)
Cheltenham Gold Cup (Cheltenham)
John Smiths Grand National (Aintree)
Powers Whiskey Irish Grand National
Punchestown Champion Chase
Punchestown Guinness Gold Cup
Ladbrokes.com World Series Hurdle
Rabobank Champion Hurdle

iii. Points awarded for Irish and UK racing only!

10. Referee's decision is final.
11. A leaderboard will be updated each Monday/Tuesday.

Great idea who will run it though?!

Armaghgael

who is willing to set it up?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Radda bout yeee

DH any thoughts on First Lieutenant at Cheltenham on Saturday?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 10, 2011, 12:47:41 PM
DH any thoughts on First Lieutenant at Cheltenham on Saturday?

I'd be surprised if he runs. Think Mouse will wait for the Flordia Pearl at Punchestown on Sunday week. Don't think he's keen on the Drinmore.

Liking the price on For Bill today. Shop Dj is too short on what she has achieved and Blazing Tempo ran shtink up north at the weekend.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Gonna try these 3 this afternoon; 2.00 Bold Perk, 2.40 Daymar Bay, 3.00 Ingleby Spirit, all look like they can get into the places at the very least  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!