The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardchieftain

Had Muirhead in the notebook but alas  is a non runner today. I'd guess due to the going. Will leave the race alone now.

I reckon Muirhead will win a good race over 3m on goodish ground this season though

ardchieftain

Meant to say, cheers Micky Linden for posting that article. Found several such articles 5 years ago and tried to heed the advice given. Easier said than done though especially as some of the advice contradicts each other.

Did you read it Dh ? What do you think of the betting ew advice ?

bcarrier

mighty day and night in listowel yesterday. alfa beat one cheap horse now. Laughed at this ...

QuoteYou got him ready for us," said Hanlon, as he shook the hand of Byrnes after the race.

looking at stats for season to date McCoy won £326k prize money for  for 100 winners . Geraghty has 24 winners and won 396k euro  :-\.

Sea The Stars

So You Think confirmed for the Arc by Aidan O'Brien.

He's still available at 5/1 which is a ridiculously big price. Nothing will live with this horse over 1m 4f.

Donnellys Hollow

I'm not a huge Coolmore fan but fair play to them for not taking the easy option of going to Ascot instead. Will Seámie keep the ride though? Soumillon rode all their horses on Sunday but he's suspended for Arc day.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Muzz

Will it definitely run?  Dont want to take a punt and then it doesnt run and goes to Ascot instead.

Radda bout yeee

Excuse my ignorance but is Frankel not in this race?

Sea The Stars

So You Think is 98% certain to run, yes. Heffernan is likely to keep the ride as well in my opinion. Here is this morning's quote from APOB:

So You Think is in great form and all being well with him, the plan is to run in the Arc given reasonable ground conditions

I doubt they have any interest in Ascot. O'Brien has never once targetted the Champion Stakes and is not about to do so just because they raised the prize-money.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 15, 2011, 01:43:50 PM
Excuse my ignorance but is Frankel not in this race?

Frankel's next start is the QEII Stakes.

Candyman

Any fancies DH or anyone else care to offer an insight?

beer baron

Big gamble landed at Newton Abbott today-Arctic watch won at 9/2 having been as big as 22/1 early in the day,hadn't run in something like 17 months  :o!

Would've been nice to have been in on that gamble from the start!

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on September 20, 2011, 07:12:15 PM
Big gamble landed at Newton Abbott today-Arctic watch won at 9/2 having been as big as 22/1 early in the day,hadn't run in something like 17 months  :o!

Would've been nice to have been in on that gamble from the start!

Spotted that alright. Was 33/1 guide price in the RP. 1st time out for new trainer I believe. Fair play. Somebody got rich!

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Mickey Linden on September 13, 2011, 01:00:29 PM
What about Silenzio today at Folkestone? Richard Hughes put it up in the post a few weeks but it was a non runner. He put it up this week again. It has been well backed this morning.

I see this horse is out today again. 310 Goodwood. Currently around 11/4

Donnellys Hollow

Don't normally pay much heed to the midweek stuff at this time of the year but I see Hanlon has sent Mart Lane to Perth for his first run over hurdles. He was one of the better bumper horses last year and looks a decent enough price for what is essentially a match race.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

TirEoghaingodeo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 21, 2011, 10:40:53 AM
Don't normally pay much heed to the midweek stuff at this time of the year but I see Hanlon has sent Mart Lane to Perth for his first run over hurdles. He was one of the better bumper horses last year and looks a decent enough price for what is essentially a match race.

Think i'll try a f/c with hard to swallow in that.
Ó dá ligfeadh sí liú amháin gaile, liú catha...