The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 03, 2011, 12:54:08 PM
Any angle on the big sprint today Hardy
There are no srong stats on it, DH. If it was a couple of weeks ago, I'd have been looking at the Charlton horses from the point of view of yards in form. At that stage he had nine winners from his previous 20 but the form seems to have petered out, with nothing but a couple of places from his last 18 and no winner since 19th August.

As you say, Wootton Bassett's fifteen-odd lengths behind Frankel at Ascot looks as good as anything in the race value-wise at 19.5 (Betfair) though that's a long layoff. Dream Ahead is eight lengths better on that form, but much shorter at 6.4.

Donnellys Hollow

Dream Ahead will be a serious sprinter when he matures a bit. Could have won that by three lengths if he hadn't ran around in front.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Ground is coming right for Emulous at Leopardstown. Really think she's a great e/w bet against the favourite.

Great call, DH. Didn't back her, but laid the fav.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Hardy on September 03, 2011, 05:44:13 PM
Ground is coming right for Emulous at Leopardstown. Really think she's a great e/w bet against the favourite.

Great call, DH. Didn't back her, but laid the fav.

I thought she'd run a big race but I didn't expect her to bolt up like that. She'll probably only have one more run now at Newmarket and that will be it. I don't think there's anything for her in the States and she does like to get her toe in. I can't see them keeping her on as a 5yo now that she has a Group 1 to her name.

Great day for DK so far. Galileos Choice is going the right way and could be a very interesting horse if he's sent novice hurdling. The colt in the maiden had a nice introduction too. Looks a sure fire winner next time out.

Good start to a big month for Juddmonte. Sea Moon, Frankel and Workforce all with big chances in upcoming Group 1s.

Joxer

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Joxer on September 03, 2011, 10:49:25 PM
Any fancies for tomorrow DH?

I'll be keeping the powder dry for Doncaster and the Curragh next weekend now. Listowel looming large the week after too.

maddog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 03, 2011, 10:55:08 PM

I'll be keeping the powder dry for Doncaster and the Curragh next weekend now. Listowel looming large the week after too.

Any thoughts as to the bumper tonight, was looking at that Sands cove Swan/Nina combo

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: maddog on September 05, 2011, 03:57:22 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 03, 2011, 10:55:08 PM

Any thoughts as to the bumper tonight, was looking at that Sands cove Swan/Nina combo

The Roche horse will be hard bet. Not a price that tempts me though. I think it's significant that he ran second to another Roche horse on his last run for Jim Bolger. Sands Cove has a strange pedigree. The dam is by Danehill Dancer and won over 5f as a 2yo but she's out of Lunalae which is the family of Beef Or Salmon. He's an e/w price though if you fancy him in what doesn't look the strongest bumper.

Kiely's mare in the maiden hurdle looks an interesting recruit to hurdling. She bolted up in bumpers at Mallow and Galway and she was only four lengths off Galileos Choice at Killarney. That form looks very strong after Saturday.

bridge fan

Sands Cove is worth an e/w bet 2nte

drici

Any thoughts as to the bumper tonight, was looking at that Sands cove Swan/Nina

Easy for Nina at 9/2 in the heavy ground.

bridge fan

Quote from: drici on September 05, 2011, 07:43:49 PM

Any thoughts as to the bumper tonight, was looking at that Sands cove Swan/Nina

Easy for Nina at 9/2 in the heavy ground.

missed the 6s with bet 365 but 5s will do well  :) :)

maddog

There is a bookie here called Wilf Gilbert who will match the price on any event of about 6 of the leading high street/ on line bookies. bet365 went 6/1 so ew was a must. Good lass nina. Although it opened at 5/2 and drifted to 9/2 which looked iffy.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 18, 2011, 12:31:54 AM
Quote from: bridge fan on August 17, 2011, 11:48:07 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 17, 2011, 10:37:16 PM
Called York badly wrong today to my cost.

Hard luck with Midday ML. Looked to me that Queally hit the front too soon again like at Epsom.

same as 

lightened the blow with mc coy in the last at hereford done it very easy but hard t know what it beat its a 5yo out of  Sadler's Wells  having it 1st run in a bumper

He's bred to be quite useful - Ballymacoll cast off, dam won a Ribblesdale and a Yorkshire Oaks, full-brother to Islington (who won two Yorkshire Oaks and a Breeders Cup Filly & Mare) and a half-brother to Mountain High (who won the Grand Prix at Saint Cloud a few years ago). That said, Rebecca Curtis also has another full-brother called Praxiteles who is a fairly moderate NH horse.

Wouldn't place too much faith in any horse running at Hereford. Willie Mullins' could send out the stable cat to win a bumper around there. Expect this horse to be running in JP's green and gold South Liberties silks when he starts over hurdles next time so!!!

Runs again today at Uttoxeter under a penalty. He's up against a 4 time p2p winner who is having his first run under rules but has been well backed this morning.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 07, 2011, 01:12:19 PM

Hard luck with Midday ML. Looked to me that Queally hit the front too soon again like at Epsom.

same as 

lightened the blow with mc coy in the last at hereford done it very easy but hard t know what it beat its a 5yo out of  Sadler's Wells  having it 1st run in a bumper

He's bred to be quite useful - Ballymacoll cast off, dam won a Ribblesdale and a Yorkshire Oaks, full-brother to Islington (who won two Yorkshire Oaks and a Breeders Cup Filly & Mare) and a half-brother to Mountain High (who won the Grand Prix at Saint Cloud a few years ago). That said, Rebecca Curtis also has another full-brother called Praxiteles who is a fairly moderate NH horse.

Wouldn't place too much faith in any horse running at Hereford. Willie Mullins' could send out the stable cat to win a bumper around there. Expect this horse to be running in JP's green and gold South Liberties silks when he starts over hurdles next time so!!!

Runs again today at Uttoxeter under a penalty. He's up against a 4 time p2p winner who is having his first run under rules but has been well backed this morning.

Sorry which horse is running?

take_yer_points

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on September 07, 2011, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 07, 2011, 01:12:19 PM

same as 

Sorry which horse is running?

Thespis Of Icaria I presume - 4/7 on betfair