2010 Cheltenham Tipping Challenge - Final Standings

Started by Donnellys Hollow, March 10, 2010, 05:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Right lads and lasssies, here are the rules and regulations as we agreed on over on the Horse Racing thread a few weeks back:

-> Daily mythical bank of €100 to bet - so €400 over the four days

-> One selection per race - either win single or e/w (e/w = your stake X2, e.g. €10 e/w is €20 overall), no multiples, doubles, patents, lucky 15s etc.

-> Participants must select one horse in each race

-> Participants who exceed their €100 bank on an individual day are disqualified

-> Participants can only use their €100 bank on the one day - e.g. no carry over of €20 to Wednesday if you've only bet €80 on Tuesday

-> Only the official SP as published in the Racing Post will be used

-> Only the offiicial result will be used in the case of a stewards enquiry and ammended result - no double result as paid out by most bookmakers (Dead heat pays out half your stake)

-> Place terms: 1/4 the odds in all races - 4 places in races of 16 runners or more, 3 places in races with under 16 runners

-> Winner will be the person who generates the most € profit at the end of the four days - in the event that no one makes a profit, the person with the least loss over the four days will be deemed the winner.

Example of an entry for the Tuesday of last year's festival:

1:30 - Go Native €10 win
2:05 - Forpadydeplasterer €20 win
2:40 - Wichita Lineman €10 win
3:20 - Punjabi €5 e/w
4:00 - Garde Champetre €20 win
4:40 - Quevega €30 win

All selections before the off time of the first race each day please. Probably be Saturday or Sunday week before I have the results up given that'll I'll only be flying home late Friday night.

If anyone spots any issues or problems with the format then raise them before Monday.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

leenie

what rate you giving for sterling?

only kidding... good work, looking forward to it !
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Worker

Shamrock Shore

Looking forward to the challenge!

Thanks DH for taking the time out.

Lecale2

Homer

Fair play DH. I'll give it a go (provided I can make it to a computer next week)

Catch the high ball

Grand job DH. Can you post your selections the nights before the racedays?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

boojangles

Is it necessary to tip in each race or are we allowed put for example all 100 euro on Dunguib on the Tuesday and leave it at that??

leenie

is there a minimum...

or could you put 5 £1 wins on and then a £95 win on one?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thanks a million for running this DH. If you want me to give youa  hand with totting up results before you get back then give me a shout by PM.

One question, if any race starts with less than 8 runners, will there only be 2 places e/w? (don't mean to be awkward but better to sort these things out at the start)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

I think we'll set minimum bet of €1 or 50c e/w in case someone wants to lump €95 on Dunguib and spread the €5 over the other five races. Remember though, the winner is determined by the most profit so lumping on the four odds-on shots might not be the best strategy - your €95 stake won't count in the standings.

Not that this will happen but just to cover ourselves:

Each way terms in races with 5-7 runners -> 1/4 odds two places
                                  4 runners or less -> win only
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Louth Exile

Fair Play to you. Looking at your example bet for first day last year, What a docket that would have been  :D
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bcarrier

Good man. I'll be there for duration too so going to stick the lot up now - if any NRs switch me to favourite

Tuesday 16th March
13:30, Spinal Research Supreme Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) Oscar Whiskey £5ew
14:05, Irish Independent Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase (Grade 1) Mad Max £5ew
14:40, William Hill Trophy Handicap Chase Razor Royale £5ew
5:20, Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle Challenge Trophy (Grade 1) Punjabi £25ew
16:00, Glenfarclas Handicap Chase (Cross Country) Another jewel £5ew
16:40, David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle Quevega £10 win

Wednesday 17th March
13:30, National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase) Jadanli £5ew
14:05, Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) Finnegans Rainbow £25ew
14:40, Rsa Chase (Grade 1)  Long Run £5 win
15:20, Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) Kalahari King £5 win
16:00, Coral Cup (Handicap Hurdle) (Grade 3) Smoking Aces £5ew
16:40, Fred Winter Juvenile Novices' Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) Sonamix £5ew
17:15, Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Open NH Flat Race) (Grade 1) Shotfrom the hip £10 win

Thursday 18th March
13:30, Jewson Novices' Handicap Chase (Listed Race) Nicanor £10 ew
14:05, Pertemps Final (Handicap Hurdle) (Listed Race) Erzen £5 ew
14:40, Ryanair Chase (Grade 1) Albertas Run £5 ew
15:20, Ladbrokes World Hurdle (Grade 1) Big Bucks £30 win
16:00, Byrne Group Plate (Handicap Chase) (Grade 3) Finger on the Pulse £10 ew
16:40, Fulke Walwyn Kim Muir Challenge Cup Handicap Chase (Amateur Riders) Qhilimar £5 ew

Friday 19th March
13:30, Jcb Triumph Hurdle (Grade 1) Carlito Brigante £10 win
14:05, Vincent O'Brien County Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) Bellvano £10 win
14:40, Albert Bartlett Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) Premier Victory £5 ew
15:20, Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup Chase (Grade 1) Kauto Star £10 win
16:00, Christie's Foxhunter Chase Challenge Cup Dun Doire £10 ew
16:40, Martin Pipe Conditional Jockeys' Handicap Hurdle Meath All star £10ew
17:15, Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Chase (Handicap) (Grade 3) Your the top £10 ew

The Subbie

Quote from: bcarrier on March 11, 2010, 09:13:27 AM
Good man. I'll be there for duration too so going to stick the lot up now - if any NRs switch me to favourite
Wednesday 17th March
13:30, National Hunt Chase Challenge Cup (Amateur Riders' Novices' Chase) Jadanli £5ew
14:05, Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle (Grade 1) Finnegans Rainbow £25ew
15:20, Seasons Holidays Queen Mother Champion Chase (Grade 1) Kalahari King £5 win
17:15, Weatherbys Champion Bumper (Open NH Flat Race) (Grade 1) Shotfrom the hip £10 win

Long Run non runner according to Off the ball last night.

Homer

Quote from: The Subbie on March 11, 2010, 10:04:48 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on March 11, 2010, 09:13:27 AM
Wednesday 17th March

Long Run non runner according to Off the ball last night.

Non-Runner for the Arkle. Still all guns blazing for the RSA.

You nearly gave me a heart-attack.