Kerry v Mayo - Super 8s Round 1

Started by Mayo4Sam14, July 07, 2019, 10:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 10, 2019, 04:38:30 PM
Having watched the 2014 replay to see if it happened the way I remembered, I have to say it didn't at all. A couple of 50/50 calls maybe, but Cormac Reilly seemed to give a fairly reasonable performance. A lot of talk about robbery but Mayo have only themselves to blame imo. Particularly after scoring two points after the first minute and a half of extra time and not scoring again.

Did you look at it on YouTube?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2019, 04:45:52 PM
Having watched the 2014 replay to see if it happened the way I remembered, I have to say it didn't at all. A couple of 50/50 calls maybe, but Cormac Reilly seemed to give a fairly reasonable performance. A lot of talk about robbery but Mayo have only themselves to blame imo. Particularly after scoring two points after the first minute and a half of extra time and not scoring again.

Did you look at it on YouTube?

Ya
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

kerryforsam19

Quote from: highorlow on July 10, 2019, 03:52:48 PM
QuoteVery good footballer who was also a "cynical" player and always playing on "the edge" .  Did whatever/whoever needed to be done to win the game

You left out "streetwise", he was very "streetwise".

Mahoney played hard but fair

kerryforsam19

I thought Reilly done well. He wasn't going to get everything right. If mayo had adopted sweeper would have won replay.

From the Bunker

Donaghy got a free pass that day. You could not touch him or it was a free. So players stood off him hoping he'd make a mistake because it was as good as a point otherwise. This is a game of inches and the Ref is giving the opponents target man a leg up!

Enright should have had 4 Cards in the first half. He was rightly hauled off by Fitzmaurice before he'd make another misdemeanor Comical Cormac might be brave enough.

Mayo had to use up a Substitute to bring a bloodsubbed  Cillian O'Connor back into the game.

Kerry upped the anti that border-line hits became the norm.

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2019, 05:33:01 PM

Donaghy got a free pass that day. You could not touch him or it was a free. So players stood off him hoping he'd make a mistake because it was as good as a point otherwise. This is a game of inches and the Ref is giving the opponents target man a leg up!

Enright should have had 4 Cards in the first half. He was rightly hauled off by Fitzmaurice before he'd make another misdemeanor Comical Cormac might be brave enough.

Mayo had to use up a Substitute to bring a bloodsubbed  Cillian O'Connor back into the game.

Kerry upped the anti that border-line hits became the norm.

And he also let Kerry take the resulting frees from wherever they wanted

The biggest missed call though was not sending off the Kerry corner back

larryin89

He awarded a penalty when Shane enright dragged Cillian(?) down , he cheated by not giving a card . Why can't people be honest , he awarded it so he obviously seen it , he was going to give a card then realized enright was on a card , he cheated , sin e
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Nothing as good as a good wake especially one that goes on for several years :'(

whitey

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 11, 2019, 01:15:41 AM
Nothing as good as a good wake especially one that goes on for several years :'(

68 years to be exact

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 10, 2019, 09:18:07 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/reillys-officiating-lacked-consistency-284360.html
BTW, Reilly never got an intercounty match again. That was a throwaway remark by Colm O'Rourke a few months ago. He was writing about Mayo's hard luck stories down the years and he put the 2014 games against Kerry into the mix.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2019, 10:41:04 AM
Reilly got loads of games since.

True but I'm near certain he was given a one year sentence behind the scenes, many games did he get in 2015?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

weareros

Quote from: larryin89 on July 11, 2019, 11:40:55 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 11, 2019, 10:41:04 AM
Reilly got loads of games since.

True but I'm near certain he was given a one year sentence behind the scenes, many games did he get in 2015?

We had to deal with him twice in 2015, as a linesman (disallowed a clear Murtagh point) and ref, and that was more than enough.

rosnarun

jaysus lads give it up. we had bad luck we lost , its the story of sport
now we have another game to look forward to .
the lateness in announcing teams cause a lot this sort of shite to be spoken . no real new , not even mant roumers this wee, though I heard Clifford is be recruited by Muster  egg chasing  company teo.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere