Louth and Down 1st March Newry

Started by mattockranger, February 25, 2014, 03:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattockranger

well folks

nothing but a win will suffice for us, as we have 1 point.....
Down have that extra breathing room of 3 points and home advantage it's gonna be tough!
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

T Fearon

Most insightful post I've ever read on this Board.As an omen,many people Louth come into Newry every weekend empty handed and leave with a car boot full of stuff

All of a Sludden

From The Argus...

Louth
Shane Lennon and Ray Finnegan are out, though the latter played for his club at the weekend. Brian White and Derek Crilly are doubtful, but John O'Brien and Neil Gallagher look set to make a comeback.

QuoteThe players tell me Down hold no fears for them and that they have a good record against them. They're in a good frame of mind.

Down
James McCartan has no real injury worries and may welcome back Ambrose Rogers, Declan Rooney and Conor Laverty, with the latter most likely to start.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mattockranger

Thanks T Fearon spent alot of time on the piece!

here's another nugget....we need to play really well while they need to have a bad day at the office to get 2points?

Wonder what the craic with Ray is?

T Fearon

It is also crucial that you outscore Down as well. :P

Aristo 60

Down will be hopeful of two points but I think this is a banana skin for us.

I'd nearly give Louth a point to keep the pressure on Armagh  ;D

mattockranger

ha! it does look like Armagh are gonners!!

who is the latest Down player out for the season?

Aristo 60

Quote from: mattockranger on February 26, 2014, 10:39:47 AM
ha! it does look like Armagh are gonners!!

who is the latest Down player out for the season?

Hughes, Harrison, Savage. Take your pick.

mattockranger

Really?
just seen this

Irish News Sport ‏@irishnewssport In today's Irish News: Bad news for Down fans as they suffer another loss for the season

McVeigh back in saturday night so?

Dubh driocht

Always a close game with our neighbours from Leinster and the presence of AOR adds a bit of spice. If Down aren't fully focussed on this then Louth will take advantage. Not a lot between the teams but we should have more confidence on the back of the Athletic Grounds. Hope to see Donal O'Hare cut loose a bit more than first two games and hopefully some of the injured men will see some game time; two points will be important for the rest of the year.
On a separate note, many have criticised the GAA for admission prices ( myself included) but clearing out stuff recently I came across a ticket for the Louth V Down league game in Drogheda in 2007- the price of a seat was 15 euro !

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Dubh driocht on February 26, 2014, 07:44:21 PM
On a separate note, many have criticised the GAA for admission prices ( myself included) but clearing out stuff recently I came across a ticket for the Louth V Down league game in Drogheda in 2007- the price of a seat was 15 euro !

And you had to bring your own seat.  ;) Louth won quite comfortably that day in Drogheda, but Down won the last two meetings, in 2008 Coulter came on as a late sub and turned the game, at times without even touching the ball, the home defence were terrified of him and then in Newry in 2009 we missed a penalty and lost by a point. Home advantage could swing it on Saturday night.

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

QuoteHome advantage could swing it on Saturday night.

Can't Louth score into the Armagh goal?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Down should be winning this handy but it's a sign of Louth's progress coupled with Down's apparent decline that Louth are in with a real shout.

Armagh found out that Louth were no pushovers.

mattockranger

Brian White could be back for us on Sunday...he'll be a big help.....free taking wise.

I see King is back he'll hardly be match fit after his honeymoon?

It will certainly be tight...

(to say we've gained nothing since Fitzer left is completely untrue....not getting into it on this thread)

mattockranger

haha! very true!

Maybe he might be rested for fear of burnout!