Worst experience with your landlord?

Started by Overthebar!, June 17, 2009, 12:28:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overthebar!

our landlord in belfast last year cleared out the house as the letting agent never paid him our rent taking my laptop, clothes, books/notes and a fair lump of money.
taking no chances this year so cleared my things outa the houseand cancelled the rent a month early. wont be caught again!

thebigfella

Quote from: Overthebar! on June 17, 2009, 12:28:16 AM
our landlord in belfast last year cleared out the house as the letting agent never paid him our rent taking my laptop, clothes, books/notes and a fair lump of money.
taking no chances this year so cleared my things outa the houseand cancelled the rent a month early. wont be caught again!

Is that even legal?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: thebigfella on June 17, 2009, 12:59:24 AM

Is that even legal?

There is a word I think for that. Let me think? I think it's called theft.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rolloutking

Who is your letting agent. Mine is an awful ****.

Massey-135

Had the odd dodgy hoor around the holylands in my time. Didn't get the deposit back two of the three years. Some times if they spot a tiny wee thing they can take the whole damn sum of you. Christ I must add this to the grinds my gears thread lol.

Shower of money grabbing bastards. Especially the ones who convert the wee houses and throw 8 in her.

WeeDonns

We got done 3 years in a row by landlords keeping our deposits, so last year we cancelled our last months rent and said to him he could keep the deposit for that month. Meanwhile he had emailed us saying that he wanted us out 2 weeks early to repaint the house. We said that was fine.
About a week later he said he was coming up to view the house and would let himself in as we were all at work. He then emails us at midday saying he has just viewed the house and the walls were a complete mess covered in alcohol stains and we owed him £800 to repaint them, even though he had already stated that he was going to paint them, they were no worse than when we moved in AND my housemate's woman was in the living room all morning getting ready for a job interview and said that he definitely didn't come to the house.
He then spent the next 3 or 4 months sending us solicitor letters saying he was taking us to the small claims court. One of the lads is a trainee solicitor and dragged the whole process out and now we haven't heard from him since before Christmas.

whiskeysteve

otb did you not take the hoor to court?

in our first house the landlord keep extra months of rent money that hadnt been cancelled (few of us were a bit naive with the direct debit then) as well as the deposits, for 'repairs'. one of the fellas da was a solicitor and whatever actions he pulled we werent long in getting the money back.
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Onion Bag

The exact same happened us, we left our desposit for the last months rent, the only thing is we werent luck enough to have trainee solicitor, and we ended up having to pay £1,100 each, f**king bastard,

he painted the house, put new windows in, Put new concrete in the back yard,

in a nut shell what the bastard done was give his house a make over and charged us for it,

and i will swear there was no damage dont to the house,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

mannix

you should see what some tenants on rent allowance done to a few places i have seen, but if you take photos when you move in and get them signed by landlord you have a leg to stand on. i know a fella with a truck that clears gardens and houses after bad tenants, he is busy when students leave and was telling us some fairly bad stories, not everyone is an angel it would appear.