Office Temperature

Started by maddog, December 19, 2008, 09:23:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Is there any upper limit on office working temperature. It is 27.5c in the office (with a couple of reptile bastards complaining that its cold), everyone else is sitting baked. Im fed up with this put up and shut up bullshit.

Gnevin

Quote from: maddog on December 19, 2008, 09:23:55 AM
Is there any upper limit on office working temperature. It is 27.5c in the office (with a couple of reptile b**tards complaining that its cold), everyone else is sitting baked. Im fed up with this put up and shut up bullshit.

Then complain for f**k sake  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jimmy Joe

I think in winter the Temperature is not supposed to be over 25.5

Muzz

As far as I know there is no Maximum temperature that an office can be only a minimum.  So as long as your office is not below 16ÂșC.  However I do think there is something about "reasonable" temperatures and a work place has to provide fans etc. if it is too hot.

Jimmy Joe

Tell them to put a F**kin coat on

An Gaeilgoir

The 2005 health and safety at ework act states min.17 degrees, and it should be comfortable after that the temp. should be comfortable for all.

maddog

Quote from: Gnevin on December 19, 2008, 09:50:58 AM
Is there any upper limit on office working temperature. It is 27.5c in the office (with a couple of reptile b**tards complaining that its cold), everyone else is sitting baked. Im fed up with this put up and shut up bullshit.

What, do you think i haven't in every way possible. Its the only building with 10 floors that i've ever heard of with one setting for all floors controlled from West Brom, feckin 6 miles away. Sounds like horseshite to me.

Gnevin

Quote from: maddog on December 19, 2008, 10:10:22 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on December 19, 2008, 09:50:58 AM

What, do you think i haven't in every way possible. Its the only building with 10 floors that i've ever heard of with one setting for all floors controlled from West Brom, feckin 6 miles away. Sounds like horseshite to me.
Some one tried to sell me that bull before . Approach it from a business POV, lowering cost and carbon footprint.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Onion Bag

Open a window and tell them to f**k off,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tony Baloney

21 +/- 5 is pretty standard all year but obviously if you have a decent a/c system it should vary much from 20ish.

illdecide

There is def a temp around 30 degrees that you cannot work in and under Health & Safety you must be allowed home as it happened me a few years ago when i worked in a real modern building with a full glass facade but they spent that much on the building they couldn't afford air conditioning and what happens when the sun hit's the glass...the f**king building basicially became a "Green house". It was 33 degrees in it one summers day and we were sent home...everyone was fecked anyway from the heat and couldn't do any work
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 19, 2008, 10:40:03 AM

Open a window and tell them to f**k off,

The windows are all straight up and down. To create a draught id need a 10ft run up and a heavy chair

under the bar

Offices must be at least 16 degrees within an hour of work commencing.  Unfortunately whoever wrote the law was so stupid as not to put a maximum tempeature so employers are NOT obligated to provide air-conditioning. 

Law needs to be revised.  I used to work in a office with a part glass roof and it would regularly hit 30 plus.

rrhf