Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 18, 2019, 02:58:17 PM
I see RTE had a big increase in their viewer figures for the All Ireland final replay, i'd wonder how much of that increase was to do with no Joe Brolly on the viewing public screens?

Would have had absolutely nothing to do with it - Dubiln v Kerry replay was the draw.

Brolly isnt like Ger in that you have to listen to his drivel for the entire game

tbrick18

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 18, 2019, 08:00:51 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on September 18, 2019, 06:01:16 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 18, 2019, 02:58:17 PM
I see RTE had a big increase in their viewer figures for the All Ireland final replay, i'd wonder how much of that increase was to do with no Joe Brolly on the viewing public screens?
Not a jot would it make.
People were watching it because it was the all Ireland final replay. Nothing to do with presenters or analysis.

If you say so Joe.

Did Brolly give you a serious roasting at some point Benny?  :P :P

Jeepers Creepers

BennyCake

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 19, 2019, 11:15:18 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 19, 2019, 10:15:53 AM
349 pages...

But yet he 'doesnt attract viewers'

A lot of the stuff on here is regarding TSG in general or other pundits. I know I've posted on here about non-Brolly issues because there's no other appropriate thread.

Someone said the original poster is no longer a member so they can't change the title thread.

Main Street

Honest Joe, the man of the people, the man who spoke for the people.
Who now will speak for the people?

Silver hill

Quote from: BennyCake on September 19, 2019, 02:24:09 PM
349 pages...

A lot of the stuff on here is regarding TSG in general or other pundits. I know I've posted on here about non-Brolly issues because there's no other appropriate thread.

Someone said the original poster is no longer a member so they can't change the title thread.

Dear God, talk about clutching straw.
Benny, when you're explaining things you're going backwards.

BennyCake

Quote from: Silver hill on September 19, 2019, 08:34:21 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on September 19, 2019, 02:24:09 PM
349 pages...

Dear God, talk about clutching straw.
Benny, when you're explaining things you're going backwards.

Is that you Mrs Brolly?

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: tbrick18 on September 18, 2019, 10:00:20 AM
I have to admit, I've never seen the Sky coverage as I don't have Sky, but on principal I just don't agree with at all.
Since the Sky agreement, a large number of people in the country have much less access to viewing the national sports than they had before the agreement.

When TV3 was allocated games access was reduced for those particularly in the north who couldn't receive that channel. There was far less complaining about than Sky.

Sky is just as accessible to any one without a dish and contract by paying for a day's worth of Sky Sports when games they want to see are on via a £13 Now TV stick and an internet connection. The cost per day is a fraction of the cost of travel and gate price at a match.

Sky is not perfect but they make RTÉ look like the bunch of amateurs that they are. They have applied their experience from other sports to football and hurling and brought in high level recent playing/management experience in their pundits and given them extensive ongoing presentation training. RTÉ so arrogant that they have made no moves to compete. Just wait until Eir Sport makes its bid for games in next round.

No chance of Brolly ever being taken onboard as Sky has its resident clown in Senan Connell.

Dougal Maguire

While I'm no fan of Sky, they do give our games a much wider platform and for that reason I think their involvement is a positive step
Careful now

Main Street

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on September 21, 2019, 11:43:20 PM
While I'm no fan of Sky, they do give our games a much wider platform and for that reason I think their involvement is a positive step
Yes and those couple of hundred folks in the UK who have the sky sub and want to watch the GAA should be very very grateful.

Main Street

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 21, 2019, 09:20:25 PM
I have to admit, I've never seen the Sky coverage as I don't have Sky, but on principal I just don't agree with at all.
Since the Sky agreement, a large number of people in the country have much less access to viewing the national sports than they had before the agreement.

When TV3 was allocated games access was reduced for those particularly in the north who couldn't receive that channel. There was far less complaining about than Sky.

Sky is just as accessible to any one without a dish and contract by paying for a day's worth of Sky Sports when games they want to see are on via a £13 Now TV stick and an internet connection. The cost per day is a fraction of the cost of travel and gate price at a match.

Sky is not perfect but they make RTÉ look like the bunch of amateurs that they are. They have applied their experience from other sports to football and hurling and brought in high level recent playing/management experience in their pundits and given them extensive ongoing presentation training. RTÉ so arrogant that they have made no moves to compete. Just wait until Eir Sport makes its bid for games in next round.

No chance of Brolly ever being taken onboard as Sky has its resident clown in Senan Connell.
And now even fewer people from NI  tune into Sky than were able to tune into TV3 . And has Sky really done it that much different to what TV3 did? Sky has the same commentary team and similar punditry set up. The similar set up that has some gaa aficionados here masturbating with delight about sky as if this was the new coming.

seafoid

RTÉ are experts in the Irish psyche
TSG is the media equivalent of a carvery lunch
Comfort TV
If punters wanted in-depth coverage they would provide it   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: Main Street on September 19, 2019, 08:08:48 PM
Honest Joe, the man of the people, the man who spoke for the people.
Who now will speak for the people?

Kerryforsam or what ever his current aliases are. i.e chances that at least 50% of newbies that inundate this board with nonsense are him.
And I thought school had started up.

lurganblue

I've just watched snippets of it but Joe has well and truly burned his bridges with RTE following his interview with Joe.ie. 

"What they need is newsreaders, not people able to express an opinion"

rosnarun

Quote from: seafoid on September 23, 2019, 08:12:27 AM

RTÉ are experts in the Irish psyche
TSG is the media equivalent of a carvery lunch
Comfort TV
If punters wanted in-depth coverage they would provide it   
you have a good point there.
TSG is for the casual viewer and as a high profile program has to trey and attract a big an audience as possible rather, the whole family can watch with not much interest in Football . rather than just the die hards who watch a county Quarter final on TG4 and indeed were at earlier in the day .
Personally id like them to get rid of all analysts and just show the games until the All Ireland  Semi finals stage at least  anyway
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere