The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on October 16, 2020, 01:37:38 AM
Cue a Trump tirade about Savanna Gunthrie on Twitter in about 70 minutes for asking reasonable questions.
Savannah Guthrie has the same surname as Woody Guthrie who hated fascists, racists and slumlords like Trump's own father

Therefore she's hopelessly biased

I suppose that Old Man Trump knows just how much racial hate
He stirred up in that bloodpot of human hearts
When he drawed that color line
Here at his Beach Haven family project

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump's Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

I'm calling out my welcome to you and your man both
Welcoming you here to Beach Haven
To love in any way you please and to have some kind of a decent place
To have your kids raised up in.

Beach Haven ain't my home!
No, I just can't pay this rent!
My money's down the drain,
And my soul is badly bent!
Beach Haven is Trump's Tower
Where no black folks come to roam,
No, no, Old Man Trump!
Old Beach Haven ain't my home!

That was written 66 years ago

Gabriel_Hurl

Gmac

Cue a Trump tirade about Savanna Gunthrie on Twitter in about 70 minutes for asking reasonable questions.
meanwhile joe gets former democratic presidential campaign manager lobbing him softballs .

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on October 16, 2020, 03:33:51 AM
meanwhile joe gets former democratic presidential campaign manager lobbing him softballs .

Was it not questions from a town hall audience that Biden was answering.

Eamonnca1

Just watching the News Hour. They're talking about media coverage of the 2016 election. According to independent research Trump got about $2 billion's worth of free coverage in the media. He got twice as much coverage as Clinton, and her use of a private email server got more coverage than any other story.

Gmac

Quote from: omochain on October 16, 2020, 03:59:42 AM
Quote from: Gmac on October 16, 2020, 03:33:51 AM

Was it not questions from a town hall audience that Biden was answering.
softball questions and no interruptions unlike trump who has to debate moderator .

omochain

That's a first.. you answered a question...... But as usual you attempted to spin both engagements with the Moderators. One moderator had to contend with constant and persistent lying and deflecting about Qanon; the other with a debate on policy with the normal political BS. Who are you kidding.

Eamonnca1

Early Youtube hit counts for the two town halls:

Biden 500,000
Trump 153,000

Gonna be cool to see the actual ratings when they come out. It'll hit Trump where it hurts the most if more people tuned into Biden, since he thinks everything is all a TV show and the ratings are what give him an ego boost.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on October 15, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Just bear in mind Trump eked it out last time with a total surplus of 70K votes in PA, WI, and MI. Hillary was up 5-6 points in WI polls on election day, and 4 in MI.

People have to get out and vote. They did in the mid-terms and should be well motivated this time out, so hopefully there'll be no surprises.
Trump was banking on a strong economy. Instad there was a pandemic which he mismanaged.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

Quote from: omochain on October 16, 2020, 04:32:30 AM
That's a first.. you answered a question...... But as usual you attempted to spin both engagements with the Moderators. One moderator had to contend with constant and persistent lying and deflecting about Qanon; the other with a debate on policy with the normal political BS. Who are you kidding.
was joe asked about the ny post story ?
Half goes to pops .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 16, 2020, 03:31:21 PM
Half goes to pops .

Maybe they should have asked Joe if he killed Seal Team 6 and the four people at Benghazi.

The right have been pushing THAT this week too.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on October 16, 2020, 03:42:14 PM
Half goes to pops .

Maybe they should have asked Joe if he killed Seal Team 6 and the four people at Benghazi.

have not seen anything about that story sounds ridiculous but there is no doubt joe has made tens of millions of dollars from his political connections and using his son as an asset internationally and the press and social media are suppressing it .

sid waddell

Half goes to pops .

They should have asked him if he was behind 9/11

Eamonnca1

Pizzagate!

Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi!

9/11 was an inside job!

Obamagate!

NY Post! Hunter Biden! Bidengate! Huntergate! Ukrainegate! Something-or-other-gate!

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 16, 2020, 04:21:55 PM
Half goes to pops .

have not seen anything about that story sounds ridiculous but there is no doubt joe has made tens of millions of dollars from his political connections and using his son as an asset internationally and the press and social media are suppressing it .

There's "no doubt"?

How about Rudi getting played by the Russians? The administration was already warned about it last year. That shouldn't be a factor in how this story is treated? Its the same characters.

Where is the hype about Obamagate and the supposed unmasking being shown to be baseless hype?

What about Trump and his family and connections cleaning up financially from his term and him using his powers to commute and pardon his cronies in return for their stonewalling? Are you bothered about that?

BTW, the Seal Team 6 story is what Savannah Guthrie was talking about when questioning Trump about spreading rumours and conspiracy theories and telling him he's not "someone's crazy uncle".