Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

I just drove past Bridge street in Newry and seen McIvor Snr and Jnr heading for the dole office 😂

thebar

Your a happy man now Jim I give you that! I didn't realise how much they had got under skin...but its good craic now all the same :)

Kingpins

In all grades how many times have we toppled kilcoo this year do you think, not including big red thon night 😁

JimmyFloydMay123

Wouldn't be like a Burren pr*ck to be ungracious in victory. Think you are forgetting the fact that your minors got an absolute example made out of them about how to play football by a seemingly weaker and the underdog in the Harps.  Celebrate your clubs success by all means but don't make a d*ck out if yourself

downjim

Jimmy, take a chill pill 😉
In all seriousness has the red woken up yet.

Smurfy123

Lol
Red was in the back of a van on Sunday. He was afraid to go into the stand

downjim

Right I won't mention the slappings we have given to Kilcoo this year anymore 😂

Nanderson

Gaelic Life reporting that both RGU and Ballyholland kicked out of next years championship and several individual punishments handed out as well

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Nanderson on October 16, 2018, 05:36:25 PM
Gaelic Life reporting that both RGU and Ballyholland kicked out of next years championship and several individual punishments handed out as well

both will appeal and be reinstated as per norm
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

SHEEDY

Quote from: Lecale Gael on October 16, 2018, 05:41:37 PM
Quote from: Nanderson on October 16, 2018, 05:36:25 PM

both will appeal and be reinstated as per norm
i'd say you'd get pretty short odds on them both being reinstated after an appeal. these type of punishments never seem to stick.
nil satis nisi optimum

meatsy86

GAELIC Life understands that Ballyholland and RGU Downpatrick have today been informed that they will be excluded from next year's Down Senior Championship.

The punishment relates to the recent brawl that broke out between the sides in their league meeting in Kilcoo. Correspondence was delivered and both clubs have also received heavy individual punishments too from the Down CCC.

While both clubs were anticipating heavy sanctions, championship exclusion is likely to have taken them both by surprise. Although neither club was in a position to confirm, appeals seem inevitable.

Hedgehunter

What would acceptable punishment be?? If this is the case and they are omitted from next years senior championship it sets a very dangerous precedent.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 16, 2018, 06:52:32 PM
What would acceptable punishment be?? If this is the case and they are omitted from next years senior championship it sets a very dangerous precedent.

It sets a prettt good precedent in my view - if 14 of your players jump a fence to scrap in the car park, you're going to miss championship football. Seems fairly reasonable.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 16, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

It sets a prettt good precedent in my view - if 14 of your players jump a fence to scrap in the car park, you're going to miss championship football. Seems fairly reasonable.

Yes I agree it should act as a good deterrent, but we all know there will be heated games over the next few years and boils over but not to the same degree as was witnessed in Kilcoo, will them teams also be expelled? Or do you have to clear the fence to warrant an expulsion. Where is the line drawn??

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Hedgehunter on October 16, 2018, 07:16:28 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on October 16, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

Yes I agree it should act as a good deterrent, but we all know there will be heated games over the next few years and boils over but not to the same degree as was witnessed in Kilcoo, will them teams also be expelled? Or do you have to clear the fence to warrant an expulsion. Where is the line drawn??

I think it's an exception for actively pursuing the other team outside the wire. You didn't get a slap breaking something up and react in the heat of the moment, you actively went seeking the confrontation.