'GAA Athletes for a No Vote'

Started by Jinxy, April 21, 2018, 08:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on April 24, 2018, 08:38:38 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 24, 2018, 08:20:14 AM
I doubt Mickey would be suspended. It wouldn't be GAA style. More likely that someone would take him aside and have a word.
I'd love to see who gonna be brave enough to do that.lol

THIS EJIT IS FROM FERMANAGH, HAS NO CLUB AND HAS AN OBSESSION WITH HARTE! COMPLETELY QUIET WHEN TYRONE ARE DOING WELL THEN COMES OUT OF THE WOODWORK ANY CHANCE HE GETS!

Jinxy

Quote from: trileacman on April 24, 2018, 12:38:13 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 24, 2018, 12:17:23 AM
Quote from: longballin on April 24, 2018, 12:01:39 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on April 23, 2018, 11:56:49 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2018, 11:22:11 PM
Posted without comment. From Cootehill Celtic's (Cavan) Facebook Page, dated 9th April...

QuoteA video potraying the views of Tyrone GAA Manager Mickey Harte was recently shot at our pitch WITHOUT Club knowledge or consent. Our Club is non-political and non-sectarian - as such we would never tell citizens how to vote - that is a matter for individuals to decide at the ballot-box, none of a GAA Club's business. We have requested that the video, falsely associating our Club with Mr. Harte's views, be taken down forthwith.
PS - Tyrone Co.Board has expressed regret at any annoyance caused to CC Club/members by Mr.Harte's unauthorised use of our premises - but also regrets it is unable to take down the video.

https://www.facebook.com/cootehill.celtic/posts/2124563204443175

That's fairly black and white for me.
If right is right, a suspension will follow.
Gives Croke Park some leverage anyway.
If Harte was suspended as a matter of interest, how would Tyrone fans react?

would be very divided opinion. Some think he can do no wrong, others have had enough of him

Wonder what the county board think.
To be honest, I don't think Croke Park will go after him on this as it will stir up a hornets nest.
They should though.

What about the women who used gaa grounds to promote the no vote? Should the GAA "go after them too"?

For all the talk of this being about the principle of it there's very little talk of any other of the GAA athletes involved in this bar Harte. Sheridan has been mentioned once but Gallagher and the rest have been mentioned in the midst of hardly any posts. Now I'm not aiming this at you jinxy but some people are barely concealing their dislike of Harte behind the thin veil of concern for the GAA's non political stance.

To be fair, he's the most high-profile person in the group and he is still actively involved at the elite level of gaelic games.
Not sure how this group came together but my assumption (perhaps an incorrect assumption) would be that Mickey was the first person they went looking for.
I'd never heard of Gallagher before and Big Joe is retired.
I don't actually dislike Mickey Harte at all and I feel that he is an easy target for scorn because he is religious.
All of the things he has said in done in recent years in terms of being a character witness, opposing same-sex marriage etc. are consistent with his faith.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Itchy

Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 12:09:00 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2018, 11:53:42 PM
I know it's well after 11 weeks but is there any possibility of doing an abortion  of syphilis.

Plumbing new depths I see. Wow.

Come on it would be painless. We can put it up on social media. You'd be a star.

Tubberman

Quote from: Itchy on April 24, 2018, 10:01:59 AM
Quote from: Syferus on April 24, 2018, 12:09:00 AM
Quote from: Itchy on April 23, 2018, 11:53:42 PM
I know it's well after 11 weeks but is there any possibility of doing an abortion  of syphilis.

Plumbing new depths I see. Wow.

Come on it would be painless. We can put it up on social media. You'd be a star.

FFS, get a life would you. He might be a pain in the ass, but that's disgusting.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dire Ear

Quote from: Jinxy on April 23, 2018, 11:56:49 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 23, 2018, 11:22:11 PM
Posted without comment. From Cootehill Celtic's (Cavan) Facebook Page, dated 9th April...

QuoteA video potraying the views of Tyrone GAA Manager Mickey Harte was recently shot at our pitch WITHOUT Club knowledge or consent. Our Club is non-political and non-sectarian - as such we would never tell citizens how to vote - that is a matter for individuals to decide at the ballot-box, none of a GAA Club's business. We have requested that the video, falsely associating our Club with Mr. Harte's views, be taken down forthwith.
PS - Tyrone Co.Board has expressed regret at any annoyance caused to CC Club/members by Mr.Harte's unauthorised use of our premises - but also regrets it is unable to take down the video.

https://www.facebook.com/cootehill.celtic/posts/2124563204443175

That's fairly black and white for me.
If right is right, a suspension will follow.
Gives Croke Park some leverage anyway.
If Harte was suspended as a matter of interest, how would Tyrone fans react?
Not a problem with a suspension,  and I've no opinion on the vote yet.

Taylor

MH will always beheld in high esteem in my mind and I have defended him on many occasions while not always agreeing with his standpoint.

However I find his actions on this occasions wholly inappropriate and downright wrong.

There is no way he should be holding his standing in our association to try to influence people to vote.

Simply not good enough and whatever sanctions follow are deserved

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2018, 02:22:07 PM
MH will always beheld in high esteem in my mind and I have defended him on many occasions while not always agreeing with his standpoint. However I find his actions on this occasions wholly inappropriate and downright wrong. There is no way he should be holding his standing in our association to try to influence people to vote. Simply not good enough and whatever sanctions follow are deserved

For Mickey, this is a life and death matter. That is the context to his actions.

Taylor

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 24, 2018, 03:32:21 PM
MH will always beheld in high esteem in my mind and I have defended him on many occasions while not always agreeing with his standpoint. However I find his actions on this occasions wholly inappropriate and downright wrong. There is no way he should be holding his standing in our association to try to influence people to vote. Simply not good enough and whatever sanctions follow are deserved

For Mickey, this is a life and death matter. That is the context to his actions.

I get that and he is well entitled to give his opinion as he has done on many other occasions.

But he still should not be using our organisation

lenny

Quote from: Taylor on April 24, 2018, 03:35:50 PM

I get that and he is well entitled to give his opinion as he has done on many other occasions.

But he still should not be using our organisation

Well said. He was also out of order to use Cootehill GFC grounds if, as is reported, he didn't have the permission of the club. This is an emotive issue and people are entitled to voice an opinion but they should do so as individuals.

Taylor

Quote from: longballin on April 24, 2018, 04:11:02 PM

life and death or not he has a history of wading into issues be it court references, marching for the Quinn dynasty or lecturing us about contraceptives https://www.thefreelibrary.com/GAA%27S+HARTE+BACKS+CONDOM+BAN%3B+Hero+supports+controversial+book.-a0196914275

Yes but the issue I have is that he has done this under the GAA banner in a GAA ground

Orchard park

But Rufus is that acceptable and correct.

harte and his cohorts are so out of order yet all I'm seeing is well that's the way mickey is and thats what he believes in.......

Carmen Stateside

I wonder was it "gaa athletes for a no vote " that were around Carrickmore chapel last night?

Rossfan

If those folks had their event/launch in a hotel nobody would have any issues.
They're perfectly entitled to advocate for a no vote whether they can vote or not.
But what they did was simply out of order.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

Quote from: lenny on April 24, 2018, 07:30:01 AM
Totally agree here and I said it a few days ago. Harte must get a suspension for this. Most tyrone supporters I know would be delighted.

Under what rule?

southtyronegael

did the gaa not try  to ban tiarnan mc cann for 8 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute? what harte has done is much more serious in my opinion.