The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 26, 2020, 11:32:59 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2020, 11:18:58 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2020, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 26, 2020, 10:45:29 AM
Why do you say that? What has "drunken" done of late?

Julian Dicks was as bad as Ruddock too.

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

It's just good craic to wind up about Drunken. He does seem to have mellowed but he was a complete lunatic back in the day

Mr Souness was also a t**ker back in his day.

Ruddock picked his targets carefully when wanting to be the hard man.

The Guvnor Ince didn't want to know when Dunc threw him about like a raggy doll.

Steve McMahon was also a good one for the filthy two footed lunge. Think I remember him doing a few in Mersey derbies but one in particular that was horrific.

No issues with McMahon or Souness, same way as I would have no issues with Peter Reid or say Watson or the like on the other side. They were hard as f**k for the days that they were, but they could take it as well. Sure McMahon kicked shins for both sides of Stanley Park!

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2020, 11:48:11 AM

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

It's just good craic to wind up about Drunken. He does seem to have mellowed but he was a complete lunatic back in the day

The Guvnor Ince didn't want to know when Dunc threw him about like a raggy doll.

Steve McMahon was also a good one for the filthy two footed lunge. Think I remember him doing a few in Mersey derbies but one in particular that was horrific.

No issues with McMahon or Souness, same way as I would have no issues with Peter Reid or say Watson or the like on the other side. They were hard as f**k for the days that they were, but they could take it as well. Sure McMahon kicked shins for both sides of Stanley Park!

Poor Peter Reid, really liked him as a player but best remembered for traipsing after Diego Maradonna in the 86 world cup when he scored that wonder goal.
The "hand of god" goal was also a wonder goal for us anybody but England merchants  ;D

magpie seanie

Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2020, 12:16:12 PM

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

Poor Peter Reid, really liked him as a player but best remembered for traipsing after Diego Maradonna in the 86 world cup when he scored that wonder goal.
The "hand of god" goal was also a wonder goal for us anybody but England merchants  ;D

Steve McMahon with the assist for Sheedy in 1990 too I think? I'll never forgive Reid for his Greg Louganis over Kevin Moran in 1985....

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 26, 2020, 01:02:33 PM

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

Steve McMahon with the assist for Sheedy in 1990 too I think? I'll never forgive Reid for his Greg Louganis over Kevin Moran in 1985....
Think you might need to check out YouTube to watch that one again Seanie. I remember thinking the ref was very harsh at the time. Looks a routine red these days, but Reid could have done feck all else.

Anyway, Whiteside's screamer surely made up for it!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hound on October 26, 2020, 03:05:19 PM

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

Think you might need to check out YouTube to watch that one again Seanie. I remember thinking the ref was very harsh at the time. Looks a routine red these days, but Reid could have done feck all else.

It was very harsh at the time. A badly timed tackle worth a booking of course like everyone expected but not a red card. The dangers of giving a "retirement game" to a ref. Comparisons with nowadays are totally inappropriate to be fair unless you compare Reid's unnecessary jump and feigning injury with the standard carry on nowadays. Whiteside's goal was great and had to be to beat the footballer of the year and best keeper in the world at that time but Reid went down badly in my estimation after that. Moran was refused a medal afterwards.

Anyway - sorry Evertonians. Didn't want to come on this thread and start annoying ye.

Boycey

Red all day long nowadays but when you consider Willie Young escaped with a yellow for this a few years earlier maybe not  ;D

https://twitter.com/sid_lambert/status/1126883673008160768?s=19

JoG2

Quote from: Boycey on October 26, 2020, 05:21:48 PM
Red all day long nowadays but when you consider Willie Young escaped with a yellow for this a few years earlier maybe not  ;D

Watched it on MotD 2 last night and tbh, I've no idea if he meant it or not. Ancellotti somehow manged to blame Liverpool for the red card?
And most importantly, what is a 'Cazoo' does anyone know?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: JoG2 on October 26, 2020, 05:28:26 PM

Watched it on MotD 2 last night and tbh, I've no idea if he meant it or not. Ancellotti somehow manged to blame Liverpool for the red card?

Del Boy for on line car sales....

JoG2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 26, 2020, 05:54:31 PM

Del Boy for on line car sales....

J70

Jennings a wee bit slow to come out there.

Maybe he knew what was coming! ;D

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 26, 2020, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: Hound on October 26, 2020, 03:05:19 PM

Agreed 100% on Dicks....

It was very harsh at the time. A badly timed tackle worth a booking of course like everyone expected but not a red card. The dangers of giving a "retirement game" to a ref. Comparisons with nowadays are totally inappropriate to be fair unless you compare Reid's unnecessary jump and feigning injury with the standard carry on nowadays. Whiteside's goal was great and had to be to beat the footballer of the year and best keeper in the world at that time but Reid went down badly in my estimation after that. Moran was refused a medal afterwards.

Anyway - sorry Evertonians. Didn't want to come on this thread and start annoying ye.
Did you watch it again?

If you did, fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Reid was an arch enemy of Liverpool at the time, but I always admired him, and he did absolutely nothing wrong in that incident in my opinion. It was a travesty that Moran was not allowed collect his medal, albeit he did get it later I believe. Paul McGrath was magnificent that day. Not for the last time.

manfromdelmonte

Fastest growing car sales company in uk

JoG2

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 26, 2020, 09:16:37 PM

Oh, I'm on the look out for a motor. Must give him a ring

johnnycool

Quote from: JoG2 on October 26, 2020, 09:17:41 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 26, 2020, 09:16:37 PM

Oh, I'm on the look out for a motor. Must give him a ring

If you need some money laundered you could always give these lads a ring?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/aug/20/standard-chartered-fined-300m-money-laundering-compliance

SHEEDY

Lucas digne 3 match ban reduced to a 1 match ban.
nil satis nisi optimum