GAA Congress on Saturday - live on rte.ie

Started by Hound, April 10, 2008, 08:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Congress is being streamed live on Saturday on rte.ie, from 1000 to 1630 (according to the Irish Times today).

I'd imagine it'd be pretty boring in the main, though interesting to some no doubt. But perhaps any debate on the grants might turn a bit fiery.

I wonder if there is a timetable of events?

orangeman

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2008, 08:33:46 AM
Congress is being streamed live on Saturday on rte.ie, from 1000 to 1630 (according to the Irish Times today).

I'd imagine it'd be pretty boring in the main, though interesting to some no doubt. But perhaps any debate on the grants might turn a bit fiery.
I wonder if there is a timetable of events?

I hope Michael Greenan is taking part in the debate ! He'll give it to them straight !

laoisgaa

I've a sneaky suspicion that the grants motions won't get an airing on RTÉ.ie because they are the first motions and some motions are due to be debated at 9.45pm on Friday night after the Ard Stiurthoir's report and a presentation by the overseas committee

RTÉ.ie to Stream GAA Congress Live Around the World

RTÉ.ie is to stream this year's GAA Annual Congress live around the world on www.rte.ie this Saturday April 12th., meaning that GAA supporters from Brisbane to Berlin won't miss any of the key decisions made, including the election of a new president to take over from Nickey Brennan in April 2009.

This year's Congress takes place in the Radisson Hotel in Sligo and RTÉ.ie will be streaming day 2 live from 10am to 4.30pm.

Schedule: Saturday, 12 April

10am Consideration of motions

12.30pm Óráid an Uachtaráin

2.15pm Consideration of motions

3.30pm Election of Uachtarán-Tofa

4.00pm Address by Uachtarán-Tofa

4.00pm Consideration of remainder of motions

4.30pm Conclusion of Congress

The candidates to succeed Nickey Brennan are Christy Cooney, Sean Fogarty, and Liam O'Neill, and profiles of all three are available to watch on demand ahead of the Congress at RTÉ.ie/Sport/Gaa.

In addition to Nickey Brennan's address to Congress at 12.30, the live-stream will include the first address of the President Elect, following the announcement of the result of the election.

Supporters around the world will also be able to watch the debate on a number of interesting motions, not least of which is the Kilkenny motion calling for the wearing of helmets with facial guards to be made compulsory in all hurling games and training sessions. If successful this rule change will come into operation on 1 January 2010.

The GAA Congress is an annual conference at which representatives from each of the 32 counties and the overseas units, Britain , New York , North America, Australasia , Canada and Europe , come together to debate and vote upon motions which affect the GAA Rule-Book.

magpie seanie

Don't know much about Seán Fogarty but Liam O'Neill and Christy Cooney look good candidates to me. Anyone any views on the election?

paddypastit

O'Neill regarded as a good administrator but lacking in the 'charisma' to deal with meeja etc.
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

Square Ball

Was being curious and cant get the player to work on RTE, anyone get it?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

orangeman

Any word on who's taking over from Nicky ? Is there any chance that Nicky will leave early ??  ;)