Leinster Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 16, 2015, 01:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

It's probably as good a team as we could have fielded. Maybe an argument for 1 or 2 to be in there but it wouldn't make a whole pile of a difference.

Best of luck to them and hopefully they get to shake up the dubs and give a decent account of themselves. A similar performance to the game against the Dubs in Croke Park 2 years ago would be an achievement.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

OTF

Quote from: redsetanta on June 03, 2016, 10:04:03 AM
It's probably as good a team as we could have fielded. Maybe an argument for 1 or 2 to be in there but it wouldn't make a whole pile of a difference.

Best of luck to them and hopefully they get to shake up the dubs and give a decent account of themselves. A similar performance to the game against the Dubs in Croke Park 2 years ago would be an achievement.

A similar result not performance ... dont forget Brody made about 5 top class saves in the first half.
I have to be honest but here I'm dreading this and wish it was over ... 11 point result same as 2 years ago I'd take the hand off you for that.

redsetanta

Splitting hairs on that one OTF. A goalie is there to make saves.

Anyhow we agree that a similar performance/result would be a decent outcome as we all know what could happen if the dubs get a gale behind them!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Dave like the tv channel

I reckon the Palers will win by about 10-15 points. We were better than them in 2003, a match in 2005 (only for some disastrous refereeing at the end) and subsequently, the Brits took off. They've been miles ahead of us for a decade, with the 2006 defeat being the worst championship defeat we had at their hands in over a century.

Anyone who tells you that that was going to happen anyway and has nothing to do with the €15million funding they've received in the past 12 years is deluded.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Best of luck to the lads today. Its a strange one playing a team 1/100, never
thought i would see that. Like a lot of people im not going to kilkenny on a point
of principal. Portlaoise should be buzzing today but o moore park
Lies empty. A real f**k you to all the volunteers in the county. The way the game
has gone at inter county level will reach a head in the not too distant future as
the smaller counties fall furthur and furthur behind.
Its as good as team as we have available. Think keogh and donogher are a loss.
I hope cotter gets on ok. Hope our fitness holds up and they dont run riot in the last
20 minutes.

Best of luck to the hurlers tomorrow. Tough one with a new young team ..

Giovanni

f**k it lads! Surely the principle of supporting the county overrides all others! There should be other more effective ways to make the point about the way smaller counties are treated.

County Man

Best of luck guys against Dublin.

Lots of big men on our team, lets stand up to the Dubs. Stick to the game plan and hit hard.

Defend wisely and in numbers. Solid organisation.

We need both Donie K and Gary Walsh to be on fire up front.

Battle hard guys and keep it competitive.

les Antiques

All the best lads . Keep it competitive and do yourselfs  justice which I am sure you will .
Just rolled into Kilkenny .. Quite a few Dubs around .. Few Laois jerseys dotted about too enjoying the sunshine .

CruiseCigar

All the best tonight lads. Will be flying shortly so will not hear result till morning.  Hopeffuly a good performance and give the dubs something to thing about and keep the score contained.

Good luck
Laoise abú

Gmac

Unfortunately laois are a shambles beat before they started , the dubs are super fit but laois have about 5 men completely off pace

Dave like the tv channel

Fair enough - we lost. Apparently, pulling a man down in the box is only a yellow, when you're wearing a Dublin jersey. The 14 acquitted themselves well in the second half.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: Gmac on June 04, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
Unfortunately laois are a shambles beat before they started , the dubs are super fit but laois have about 5 men completely off pace
what is it that laois supporters expect?
Genuinely id like to know what it is that they deem a good performance or a good championship
Considering the start they got and they played over half the match with 14 men i think it was a good performance, particularly the 2nd half

merman

No shame in losing to that Dublin team. Better teams than ours will suffer worse defeats.

Pity they have so many absolute dickhead fans.

High Fielder

Very proud of that performance. It was clear to see the difference Cunningham has made when we properly found our feet. Playing the way we did tonight, we would have stayed in Division 2. Feel sorry for Johnno but it was the right decision.

Gmac

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on June 04, 2016, 09:55:52 PM
Quote from: Gmac on June 04, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
what is it that laois supporters expect?
Genuinely id like to know what it is that they deem a good performance or a good championship
Considering the start they got and they played over half the match with 14 men i think it was a good performance, particularly the 2nd half
i made that comment at halftime and unfortunately the game was essentially over after 10 mins of first half
I applaud meaney for great performance off the bench and the team for not capitulating in second half
Why did laois wait until second half to defend in numbers and  counter attack at pace with meaney o Connor  donoher and begley , the blueprint for future game plans was drawn up in second half by necessity and I hope management has brains to refine it and I think we can be competitive going forward with that style.