The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 17, 2011, 12:59:47 PM
Happy enough with that point yesterday after getting battered in the 1st 45 minutes. We should've been 3-0 down at half time. Torres was rampant. Distin kept letting the ball bounce and was giving the Spaniard acres of space. We were excellent in the second half though. Moyes must have gave the players some ballocking at half time. We need to hold onto Fellaini. He is a colossus. 15m seems like a snip now. It won't be long before Chelski and the rich clubs come knocking. With Yak gone and Pienaar on his way, Moyes better have a couple of players lined up.

Didn't get to see the game yesterday, but is Saha injured? I didn't see his name in any of the match reports.

Mr. Nakata

Aye, le sicknote picked up a thigh strain in training last week. I was gutted because he was starting to look back to his old self, shooting on sight, brimming with confidence. Hopefully it's nothing serious. With the yak gone, we'll be needing Saha and I'd be hopeful of a new striker coming in before the end of the month.

Orangemac

I wouldn't be too hopeful of us bringing anyone in.

There seems to be no money available even with the £3m coming for Pienaar.

Only players I have seen linked are Jennings ?? from Tranmere and Eagles from Burnley ( who wasn't bad last year in fairness).

Maybe we can pull off a loan deal or two. Keane would be ideal. Carew even if he is still at odds with Houllier.

There is a young lad in the youth team scoring for fun Hallum Hope I think, may be worth having on the bench for a few games.

ross4life

Should Everton not be looking for more than 3m for Pienaar especially when you see Bent going for 18/20m
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: ross4life on January 17, 2011, 11:20:04 PM
Should Everton not be looking for more than 3m for Pienaar especially when you see Bent going for 18/20m

He's out of contract in the summer i think.

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on January 17, 2011, 11:20:04 PM

Bent has 3 years left on his contract, Pienaar has five months.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Well 3 million is peanuts for established PL midfielder in the peak of his career
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

STREET FIGHTER

He will defo be a good buy for someone.

Got a feeling he will opt for Spurs.

Seems like Chelsea really want him as well.

Would UTD not be interested?

ross4life

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 17, 2011, 11:39:46 PM
He will defo be a good buy for someone.

Got a feeling he will opt for Spurs.

Seems like Chelsea really want him as well.

Would UTD not be interested?

Nah Looks like only Chelsea,Spurs are in the running & whoever meets his wages demands will sign him.

johnneycool

Quote from: Orangemac on January 17, 2011, 11:12:38 PM
I wouldn't be too hopeful of us bringing anyone in.

There seems to be no money available even with the £3m coming for Pienaar.

Only players I have seen linked are Jennings ?? from Tranmere and Eagles from Burnley ( who wasn't bad last year in fairness).

Maybe we can pull off a loan deal or two. Keane would be ideal. Carew even if he is still at odds with Houllier.

There is a young lad in the youth team scoring for fun Hallum Hope I think, may be worth having on the bench for a few games.

No offence but Keane is pish and has been for quite a while now. Everton don't need another striker who converts one in ten chances.
Moyes seems to do rightly prowling the lower leagues and I still think there's hope for Beckford to pick up his game even though he's well into his mid 20's.

Mr. Nakata

Shocking home performance yet again. Hammers unlucky not getting all 3 points. This season really is a write-off. Chelski at home in the cup this weekend, followed by Arsenal away in the league on Tuesday night. No money for new signings and Moyes struggling in the loan market. The joys of being an Evertonian. When will the misery end? I hate January....

SHEEDY

how frustrating is it being an evertonian at this minute. the transfer window is near closed and again we are left watching as every other team around us in the league is trying to improve their squads but moyes is left sitting on his hands. the man i blame is bill kenwright. if he is unable to supply moyes with the funds to get new players in then he has to sell up to someone who can. kenwright out.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

Hold the press, kenright comes threw in the end...

2207: DONE DEAL Everton have confirmed the signing of Greek teenager Apostolos Vellios. The 19-year-old striker has joined from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee

:D :D :D

Orangemac

Is he any good? Did we not buy a Portugese teenage striker last year and a French striker/winger (Gueye).

We would have been safer with an old head who could go straight into the 1st team.

It is depressing the state of our financial affairs. It is 1 thing having less funds than the so called big 4 but we are worse off than Stoke, Sunderland, Villa etc.

Investors don't seem interested in Everton for whatever reason. Maybe Kenwright is not interested in give up power.

SHEEDY

badly need another win tomorrow. 3pts out of the relegation zone. we desperatly need to string a couple of wins together to climb away from a relegation battle. saha injured again, who gets the goals now?
nil satis nisi optimum