The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

IMO Everton without Moyes will mean certain relegation. lots of big clubs in the lower divisions would love to be Evertons position right now.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SHEEDY

that was a badly needed win tonight. just shows what we can do when we play with a positive approach. great to see 2 strikers, another goal from seamus and the redshite get beat again. happy days at last.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Agreed. After a torrid draw against West Ham and defeat to Stoke, that was desperately needed. Saha was shooting on sight which was great to see. Coleman was rampant on the wing as well. Overall a gutsy performance and well deserved 3 points. We need to follow that up with a win in the cup before the trip across Stanley Park.

johnneycool

I think I'd go with Anichebe along side Saha rather than Beckford as he's a bit more physical. Neither are prolific in front of goal though.

Hibbert was in his best position last night.

blewuporstuffed

good performance again from coleman, hard to believe he doesnt get more game time for ireland :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Mr. Nakata

Get in there blue boys. Coleman's on fire. Toffees coming into a bit of form with the derby coming up. Will Moyes have the cojones to play 2 strikers at Analfield next week is the question.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on January 08, 2011, 10:18:06 PM
Get in there blue boys. Coleman's on fire. Toffees coming into a bit of form with the derby coming up. Will Moyes have the cojones to play 2 strikers at Analfield next week is the question.
hope moyes does play 2 strikers against the red shite. jury is still out on saha though, imo he doesnt work hard enough when he hasnt got the ball. great result in cup and 5 diff scorers as well. well done again to seamus coleman.
nil satis nisi optimum

Doogie Browser

Coleman should be a serious contender for young POTY but he probaby won't.

SHEEDY

thats gerrard out for next week. hope they keep kicking lumps out of each otherin 2nd half.
nil satis nisi optimum

PadraicHenryPearse

i've noticed not many players celebrate with Coleman when he scores. (didn't see yesterday. Just previous two) Is he well like by the players at Everton or do they not celebrate goals.

SHEEDY

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 09, 2011, 02:40:44 PM
i've noticed not many players celebrate with Coleman when he scores. (didn't see yesterday. Just previous two) Is he well like by the players at Everton or do they not celebrate goals.
coleman always looks as if he doesnt know what to do when he scores. if he keeps going the way he is, he'll have to get a decent celebration sorted out. chelsea at home next, was hoping for something easier.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

boojangles

Coleman signed a new contract during the week worth 25k a week to him I believe. 5 years I think. Fair play to the lad.

Chelsea is a great draw I think. At home and a chance for revenge for the 09 final.

SHEEDY

that result against the redshite was typical of our season so far. another 2pts dropped against an inferior team. we always play well against the top teams but the teams below us we always seem to slip up. hopefully in the next week moyesy can bring in a couple of new players and we can have a strong finish to the season. COYB.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Happy enough with that point yesterday after getting battered in the 1st 45 minutes. We should've been 3-0 down at half time. Torres was rampant. Distin kept letting the ball bounce and was giving the Spaniard acres of space. We were excellent in the second half though. Moyes must have gave the players some ballocking at half time. We need to hold onto Fellaini. He is a colossus. 15m seems like a snip now. It won't be long before Chelski and the rich clubs come knocking. With Yak gone and Pienaar on his way, Moyes better have a couple of players lined up.