The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Come on the Toffees..
I like seeing small clubs get to finals  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Congrats lads...
... see you on the 30th for a Blue day out.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longrunsthefox

Class -how arrogant, Ferguson sending out half his reserve team-wouldn't have done that if it was Chelsea or Arsenel and Moyes out Foxed him on the ref too... Class  8)

ziggysego

Well done Everton on stopping the Man Utd treble and making it to the FA Cup Final.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on April 19, 2009, 07:23:31 PM
Well done Everton on stopping the Man Utd treble and making it to the FA Cup Final.

I didn't think you cared about this sort of thing  :P

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 19, 2009, 07:33:55 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 19, 2009, 07:23:31 PM

I didn't think you cared about this sort of thing  :P

Ah I don't. But I know you don't have a lot of excitement in your life and was thinking this afternoon you must have smiled... even a little bit.
Testing Accessibility

under the bar

Well done Everton.  You rode out the pressure courtesy of Jakielka & Lescott and were more composed in the penos. 

At least you've provided Merseyside with a sniff of a trophy this year.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Congratulatiosn on the result to today and best of luck in the final.

PS - That 70 minutes exertion will probably kill Louis Saha.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

the scenic route

fair play to everton im a united man but would have a sof t spot for everton and david moyes great club best of luck in the fa cup final
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Mr. Nakata

Back late last night from my first trip to Wembley Stadium. The Everton fans were immense. The atmosphere yesterday was like Elland Road for the 95 semi against the yids, which I was also lucky to be at. Tickets for the 95 final were like gold dust and I didn't make it that day, so I'll be surprised if one comes my direction this time, but here's hoping. This falls the day before Tyrone's opener against Armagh, what a mouth watering weekend. Although by no means a classic, to win a penalty shoot out is special and was very impressed with the stadium. Fair play to Jagielka, after missing a pen against Fiorentina last season, that took balls. Chelski will be a tough ask, but I can see us winning it.

Fuzzman

Great result but like someone said we were crap. We looked nervous and didn't do ourselves justice I thought.
Had we too much respect for Utd or had Moyes told them to play it safe from the start?

I thought two centre halves played well again as did Pienaar. I was worried Microphone head was gonna get sent off but he played quite well I thought.

When Cahill missed the 1st peno I thought, here we go again, terrible penalties but the rest were great. Even Phil Nevilles which had me worried.

How did ye get tickets for that yesterday Mr Nakata. I see the final is on the day before the Tyrone match with Armagh. I'd love to go over & try to get tickets as I've done at lots of other games including the European Championships this summer.

Did ye think it was a penalty that time? If it had been Ferdinand on Cahill I would have been looking for it.

I see Wembley are experiencing similar problems to Croker with the new pitch surface.
Wonder how much we bribed Berby Toff to miss that peno. Spurs must be laughing at the money they got for him & Keano.

Fair play to Moyesy for getting his reward for sticking with us with no money for so long.

Don't suppose there is any chance the Yak will be back next month? Hopefully Saha & Vaughan can stay fit now.
Will it be like 1995 all over again we're we win the FA cup and Tyrone make it to the AI final?

Mr. Nakata

Was surprised at the amount of bluenoses flying back to Dublin last night. There must have been the guts of 100. Supporter's club in Belfast sorted me out for the semi. I don't know what the allocation for the final's going to be though. I imagine the guy's who've been to the most games throughout the season will get priority, deservedly so. But I'll be putting my name down for one in case there's a lottery. I like big Fellaini as a player, but once he got booked yesterday he bottled out of a few ariel challenges. Thought he might've been taken off earlier. United should have got a penalty, that was a stonewall. Pienaar is a class act. At 2 million quid, that's a brilliant bit of business from moyes. We're only 90 minutes away from the holy grail, but Lampard, Drogba and Essien et al will be a different propostion.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on April 20, 2009, 01:38:29 PM
Back late last night from my first trip to Wembley Stadium. The Everton fans were immense. The atmosphere yesterday was like Elland Road for the 95 semi against the yids, which I was also lucky to be at. Tickets for the 95 final were like gold dust and I didn't make it that day, so I'll be surprised if one comes my direction this time, but here's hoping. This falls the day before Tyrone's opener against Armagh, what a mouth watering weekend. Although by no means a classic, to win a penalty shoot out is special and was very impressed with the stadium. Fair play to Jagielka, after missing a pen against Fiorentina last season, that took balls. Chelski will be a tough ask, but I can see us winning it.

You reckon it would be very hard to get  a ticet? As a Toffee I'd love to go as well.   

Fuzzman

How many Toffee noses have we on the board then lads?

Where are ye all from? I'm from near Strabane but live in Dublin.

BooJangles
LongRunsthefox
Mr Nakata
Fuzzman
stephenite (in the past)
johnneycool (Kinda)
unforgiven

I'd say near enough impossible to get a ticket if you're not a member having attended quite a lot of matches this year.
I went to the Holland v Russia match this year and got a ticket just outside the ground for €20 less than face value as it was just before kick off.

It would be nice to see young Vaughan get a wee run in the team now injury free. I think he's the fastest player in the squad.