The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Quote from: boojangles on August 29, 2011, 03:15:34 PM
We could do with a centre half also. Distin looked terrible on Saturday. His best days are gone.
He was good last year in fairness but he is getting on a bit. Is Heitinga not getting £50k aweek, surely he could fill in or even Rodwell who may suit CB more than midfield.

There is a lad in reserves Hallam Hope who is 18 and has scored goals all levels including England U18s. Maybe Moyes will throw him in, can't be worse than Anichebe.

Orangemac

Seemed to be an improved performance by Everton today, dominated for long periods and conceded slack goal late on.

If we had a top class striker we would be winning these games.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Orangemac on September 10, 2011, 11:59:17 PM
Seemed to be an improved performance by Everton today, dominated for long periods and conceded slack goal late on.

If we had a top class striker we would be winning these games.
Stracqualursi was Argentina's top flight scorer last year maybe he'll be the answer?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gawa316

What's the thoughts on Cahill coming out condemning the protest? surely that won't go down well?

SHEEDY

improved performance yesterday, we didnt get the 3pts we deserved so i guess that evens out the blackburn match already. we need to be more clinical up front to turn dominance into wins.

as for the protest, i definetly think there needs to be change at the top. kenwright is as passionate a chairman as you'll get but that only takes you so far. we need investment badly.
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

badly needed win today. tough few weeks ahead with city, the shite and chelsea in our next 3 games.

good to see drenthe and velios get off the mark. onward and upwards. hopefully!!
nil satis nisi optimum

Mr. Nakata

Looking forward to see Roysten play, looks like he'll be a big player for us this season. Heading over to the derby in a fortnight. Can't wait. Looks like Moyes is going to persist with Coleman wide right again. He's playing well though.

Orangemac

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on September 17, 2011, 07:55:49 PM
Looking forward to see Roysten play, looks like he'll be a big player for us this season. Heading over to the derby in a fortnight. Can't wait. Looks like Moyes is going to persist with Coleman wide right again. He's playing well though.
Hopefully Drenthe will be another Pienaar/Arteta for us. If we can dominate midfield against Liverpool and keep Suarez quiet we could get a result against Liverpool and we always beat City so things are looking up after the gloom all summer.

gawa316

Quote from: gawa316 on January 31, 2011, 10:13:23 PM
Hold the press, kenright comes threw in the end...

2207: DONE DEAL Everton have confirmed the signing of Greek teenager Apostolos Vellios. The 19-year-old striker has joined from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee

:D :D :D

See I told you this kid was gold

boojangles

Quote from: gawa316 on September 17, 2011, 11:38:54 PM

2207: DONE DEAL Everton have confirmed the signing of Greek teenager Apostolos Vellios. The 19-year-old striker has joined from Greek side Iraklis Thessaloniki for a nominal fee

In one game he's shown more than the Grease bag Centre-half Liverpool got rid of a few weeks back.

gawa316

Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 11:49:02 AM

In one game he's shown more than the Grease bag Centre-half Liverpool got rid of a few weeks back.

Can I ask why you are comparing a teenage striker and a 30 something CB?

boojangles

Quote from: gawa316 on September 18, 2011, 12:17:36 PM
Quote from: boojangles on September 18, 2011, 11:49:02 AM

Can I ask why you are comparing a teenage striker and a 30 something CB?

They are both Greek.  :P

SHEEDY

a ridiculous decision by a clown of a ref cost us big time. the players fought really well in the heat and against another shocking refereeing display. but like last week against city, good fighting displays arent getting us points on the board at the minute.
nil satis nisi optimum

pullhard

The most one sided ref Ive seen in a while. Very poor ref.

Everton played well despite this. Score line was fair reflection of the game

boojangles

The Latin influence is bringing diving and cheating more to the fore in the Premiership. Suarez got Rodwell sent off, simple as. He's a superb footballer but he's a cheat. Officials have to start doing something about it or (as Moyes alluded to in the post match interview) clubs will have to start coaching young players differently.
David Silva is another who rolls around the place with minimal contact.