Your GAA highlight of 2017

Started by Farrandeelin, November 30, 2017, 09:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Seeing as the year is over for most club activities, apart from a few under 21 competitions, provincial championship finals in Leinster and the ladies all Ireland club I'm wondering what your highlight was.

Needless to say mine was beating Kerry. It was a long time coming and it made up for 2014. Unfortunately it was the semi final and not the final. Someday maybe.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

The last 5 minutes of the hurling final

The return of scaoil amach an bobailín

Joe Canning sideline cut over the bar in the AIF. Magnificent.

The footballers win a match in Croke Park

Wexford beating Kilkenny

Some of the tributes to Tony Keady as Gaeilge

Carlow
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Fuzzman

For me it was at the ladies final and there were loads of Tyrone fans sitting around us in the premium level so I try to get them to sing.

"CCCCCCCCOoooooooooome on Tyyyyyyyyyrone
CCCCCCCCOoooooooooome on Tyyyyyyyyyrone
CCCCCCCCOoooooooooome on Tyyyyyyyyyrone     TYYYYYRONE !!!"

Not a word from anyone else.
So I tried again

"CCCCCCCCOoooooooooome on Tyyyyyyyyyrone
CCCCCCCCOoooooooooome on Tyyyyyyyyyrone
DONT LET ME SING ON MY OWN"

And it got a big cheer!

Lowest point was being 15 mins late waiting on my son to come from a birthday party to bring him in to the Tyrone v Dublin game which we were all looking forward to ALL YEAR and when we got to our seats the game was over. I couldn't even have a pint.

Probably it was watching young Mulgrew's goals against Armagh and thinking do we have the forwards after all.

Rossfan

Connacht Final.
First 12 minutes v Rhubarbs in Croke Park drawn game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Galway winning the hurling. Delighted for JC.

rosnarun

Has to be andy morans performance in kiltoom .
I wonder is that the 1st time an all start was secured by a performance in January.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

tippabu

Was a so so year for us but the win final game of the league away to armagh with last kick of the ball to win by one and get unlikeliest promotion was special. Also special mention to the game in cavan where we came from 6 down in brefini at ht to win. Shows the progression we are making I suppose that promotion and a championship win away against a good side is a bit of a meh year

LooseCannon

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 30, 2017, 10:46:37 AM
Galway winning the hurling. Delighted for JC.

Delighted for all Galway hurling fraternity and especially Micheál Donoghue who'd a whole pile of shite said about him after last years semi-final defeat.

The Feakle man should learn to shut his gub and stick to talking about the actual hurling rather than get personal!

tonto1888

Armagh wise - beating Kildare

Overall - probably galway

lurganblue

Bringing my 2 sons to Croke Park for the 1st time.

Declan

GalwayBayBoy

JBM on the 21

Cork beating Tipp in the 1st round in Munster Hurling Championship. Cork's stock had gone so low that winning that proved they could compete and not slipping further under the water as was feared.

macdanger2

Loftus' goal in castlebar when it looked like we were toast