11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

moysider

Quote from: mayoman dan on September 24, 2014, 10:05:37 PM
Didn't mc hale have a right go at Horan in the western the day after the all Ireland in 2012.I can't remember him ever being to critical of the players though.

Can we find this anywhere?

Everybody was having a go.

Before his second coming, Johnno was critical of Mayo managers. Remember his ' I'd love to be preparing Mayo in the week of an AI final' or something like that when Mickey Moran was ritually pissed on in late September '06. Didn t prevent him being appointed to help return us to the stone age.
Now Johnno is 'advising' Carlow ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Who thought this was a good idea? ???
At least he ll be able to advise them how not to lose to Longford in Leinster. Oh wait.....
Must say the latest shenanigans is an echo of the Johnno ordination in 06. Can t see anything good come from this either.

maigheo

I do remember McHale ripping into James Horan after the 2012 all ireland and thinking at the time that McHale was a bo--ix and was way out of line,but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was .Pretty sure it was in the Western.McHale was one of my favorite players and I remember meeting an old timer at the final training session before the 96 all ireland and him telling me that McHale should not be on the team as he was only a basketballer.Of course Mchale was man of the match the following Sunday :) :).

Lar Naparka

Quote from: highorlow on September 24, 2014, 11:15:21 AM
Moysider. I read McHale's comments in today's indo.

Can the pair not just let it go. It's done and dusted. They didn't get the gig. Move on like everyone else that doesn't get what they want.
I don't think it's that easy.
From what McStay said, his gripe is with the county board and the way he was arsed about and not with the two who got the job.
Given the rumours and counter-rumours flying about the place, we're going to have to wait until the CB delegates have their say tomorrow night. I imagine that the craic will be ninety and Paddy Mac will be lucky if he holds on to his job.
I feel sorry for Connelly/Holmes and for McStay/McHale also.  The mess was not of their doing.
The only thing that anyone can be certain of is that the Hon Chairman overstepped his brief and took it on himself to shaft McStay and his big buddy and gift the job to the other pair.
I hope he has his answers ready when the fur starts flying tomorrow night.
It's best for all that the truth comes out.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

Anyone else read Connellys comments re future plans? It's on the hoganstand site. Don't get the thought process releasing statements like that when the clusterfcuk is still to be resolved.

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on September 24, 2014, 10:58:03 PM
I do remember McHale ripping into James Horan after the 2012 all ireland and thinking at the time that McHale was a bo--ix and was way out of line,but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was .Pretty sure it was in the Western.McHale was one of my favorite players and I remember meeting an old timer at the final training session before the 96 all ireland and him telling me that McHale should not be on the team as he was only a basketballer.Of course Mchale was man of the match the following Sunday :) :).

The old timer mentality still prevails.

But sure he was right. We didn t win. And he was def. right the next day when Lord Liam was sent him off for no reason. Pateen and Noel didn't get sent off. No reason to. Mind you there was no reason to send off any Mayo player that day.

ballinaman

In fairness to Noel he gave Giles some slap and had 4 of them on him as a result...

http://youtu.be/MDnAIu13Bzs

Farrandeelin

I read Connelly's piece there now ballinaman. Bigger players for bigger positions. Ah well, that rules out Keith Ruttledge anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on September 24, 2014, 11:25:57 PM
Anyone else read Connellys comments re future plans? It's on the hoganstand site. Don't get the thought process releasing statements like that when the clusterfcuk is still to be resolved.

Yeah.

The more I see of this the more it stinks. It s a complete stitch up. It s like a Scooby Doo episode. And they would have got away with it too except that Paddy Mac fucked up!

There is no way this appointment can go ahead. Highorlow can come on here and bat for whoever but it s all over.

Every year I spend a few bob on season tickets and county board tickets from a few clubs that are around. Not doing that if this is not resolved. And I wont be the only one. I ve yet to talk to anybody that thinks this is acceptable.

ballinaman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 24, 2014, 11:41:00 PM
I read Connelly's piece there now ballinaman. Bigger players for bigger positions. Ah well, that rules out Keith Ruttledge anyway.
If that was the jist of his presentation to the county board last week which got the nod,Kevin Mc must have turned up with a blackboard and a biro to do his...

moysider

'Bigger players for bigger positions'

I suppose he means a bigger man at 3 and 14. Hardly rocket science. Anybody saw how we left an AI behind us could come up with a bigger 3 suggestion.
The bigger 14 would have been Pateen's suggestion I suppose? Sure Barry Moran solves that.

Savage manifesto. Talk about winging it.

Jesus wept. Ye couldn t make this shit up. Embarrassing.

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on September 24, 2014, 11:56:41 PM
If that was the jist of his presentation to the county board last week which got the nod,Kevin Mc must have turned up with a blackboard and a biro to do his...
Kevin Mc?

Fairly obvious now that Boylan, Heffernan, Paudí, Harte, Micko, all together, all alive and in their prime would not have been considered against the might of Holmes and Connelly.

Heard Kevin Mc presentation was quality and lasted a while. Maybe that s what pissed the big boys off. When the mind is made up and the deal is sealed you just don t want to sit around. Yawn!!

Syferus

Makes AOS a shoe-in for making a hames of a CHB marking job. Niall Daly the early front-runner for Connacht PotY.

whitey

Can anyone tell me why pat Holmes is involved at all? He had his chance and he blew it not just with mayo but with castlebar in this years club final.we turned down mc stay who had proven he can get a team over the line you couldn't make this shite up
[/quote]

That's very unfair re the club final....his very best player incurring an extremely harsh black card within a minute of the throw in.

Tubberman

Ye are losing the run of yourselves lads. Taking one line that Connelly reportedly said, and jumping to the conclusion that was the full extent of his presentation.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

highorlow

QuoteYe are losing the run of yourselves lads.

That happened 10 pages back.

Ye are like a bunch of wummin from ICA bootcamp with yer aul gossip. It's the worst kind of 2nd guessing and OTT reactionary behavior. I thought that there was a semblance of common sense among posters here but it's now becoming as reactionary as the WJ site and hogan stand.

On that note it's not worth posting anything up here anymore, so until next June good luck to everyone, even the whingers and begrudgers.

p.s. In the GAA the only people I've ever batted for are my teams, Club and County.

Maigh Eo Go Deo.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go