Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on April 05, 2021, 09:28:44 AM
Any word on who is on the panel now that there's a date to get started again. I see from twitter McVetty is still in Oz, looks like we may not see him in blue again which is a terrible shame. What about Moynagh? We've a great panel to build on from last year, hopefully with a few additions and a couple of young lads coming in we can keep it nice and fresh and get going again this year.

Caoimhin Reilly is back in. Sean McEvoy, Brian O Connell, Patrick Lynch and Kevin Bouchier in also.

rodney trotter

They are good additions to the panel. A short window to impress with condensed league and knockout championship again.

McEvoy seems to be putting his soccer career on hold for now.  He was playing well with Bray.

Westside

Mickey was asked by Damien on this week's podcast about additions. He named Sean McEvoy, Caoimhin McGovern and Brian O'Connell. No word of Caoimhin Reilly or Paddy Lynch.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Westside on April 16, 2021, 05:14:20 PM
Mickey was asked by Damien on this week's podcast about additions. He named Sean McEvoy, Caoimhin McGovern and Brian O'Connell. No word of Caoimhin Reilly or Paddy Lynch.

McGovern not a new addition. And he said to name a few.

rodney trotter

They were named in the Celt a few weeks ago. David Brady of Ballyhaise is also involved.

Westside

Quote from: mrdeeds on April 16, 2021, 05:27:57 PM
Quote from: Westside on April 16, 2021, 05:14:20 PM

McGovern not a new addition. And he said to name a few.

Yeah thought it was strange myself that he was mentioned given that he's already played for Cavan (albeit that he shouldn't have)

It's a very tough time for lads going onto a panel and trying to break through to the team. Realistically they'll need to stick with it for a few years before we see a real impact.

I wonder are the county boards/GAA doing anything about streaming the League games? If crowds aren't allowed or are limited they would surely get big numbers paying for a stream.

rodney trotter

There won't be crowds for the League games. It would have to be at level 2 for some specators.
Streaming will have to be alternative option forward for County boards, doubtful they will be showing Division 3  games on TV.

Westside

Probably the toughest possible opening round, Tyrone in Omagh. They will want to put us back in our box. Should be tasty, a brilliant test for Mickey and the lads.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on April 20, 2021, 08:01:09 PM
Probably the toughest possible opening round, Tyrone in Omagh. They will want to put us back in our box. Should be tasty, a brilliant test for Mickey and the lads.

Tyrone in transition from Mickey Harte, great chance for the lads to pit down another marker. No reason the lads can't do ir

skeog

Tyrone in transition what planet are you on.Be short season for Cavan this year.

Itchy

Quote from: skeog on April 20, 2021, 08:27:05 PM
Tyrone in transition what planet are you on.Be short season for Cavan this year.

Ill explain it for you as you are obviously a wee bit slow. You see Tyrone previous Manager was Mickey Harte, you see he was their manager from 2002 to 2020 (18 yrs) and was by a mile Tyrone most successful manager wining 3 all irelands, 6 ulster's and 1 national league.

Last yr Tyrone and Harte parted ways and new management are in charge and will only have started training the team properly this week.

So the team are transitioning from one long standing manager to a new management team.

Hope that helps you.

Look-Up!

Extremely tough draw. Tyrone in Omagh normally as tough as it gets but with a new management team and fresh voice and ideas, they will be looking to lay down a big marker in the Championship. If we do somehow manage to clear that hurdle, semi-final would be another big mountain.

Monaghan should be very happy with the draw, decent chance of making the final.

Itchy

Quote from: Look-Up! on April 22, 2021, 02:00:14 PM
Extremely tough draw. Tyrone in Omagh normally as tough as it gets but with a new management team and fresh voice and ideas, they will be looking to lay down a big marker in the Championship. If we do somehow manage to clear that hurdle, semi-final would be another big mountain.

Yet at the same time I wouldnt be totally surprised if Fermanagh took them. I would fancy Armagh to finally get to a final with that draw.

Look-Up!

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2021, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: Look-Up! on April 22, 2021, 02:00:14 PM

Yet at the same time I wouldnt be totally surprised if Fermanagh took them. I would fancy Armagh to finally get to a final with that draw.
Yes there's always a big game in Fermanagh same way there's always a bad game in Monaghan. Armagh another team impossible to gauge. Some nice young footballers coming into their prime but they still need to step up.
Antrim too will be happy enough with the draw, as good as they could have hoped for. It's a coin toss really who makes the final.

rodney trotter

I read Fermanagh have lost a few players since last year. Tomas Corrigan,Ryan Jones and a few others opted out.
They have Sean Quigley back but would be very surprised if they beat Monaghan. Monaghan  should have more in their attack, and will be hurting from last year.

Tyrone in Omagh very tough for Cavan, but it will get them focused. Might have been complacent if it was Antrim