Garth Brooks and Croke Park : Boss to intervene?

Started by armaghniac, January 20, 2014, 01:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 26, 2021, 03:36:44 PM
Will COVID get big Garth cancelled?

Be carnage if it does!! when is it? I doubt it, having continual lockdowns won't work. Improved vaccines will have to be the way forward otherwise what's the point? If this virus continues to mutate and become the new small pox the scientists will have to come up with better ways of medicating you if you get it and better preventive methods..

Its getting like the film (which I liked a the time) 12 Monkeys !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2021, 03:46:48 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on November 26, 2021, 03:36:44 PM
Will COVID get big Garth cancelled?

Be carnage if it does!! when is it? I doubt it, having continual lockdowns won't work. Improved vaccines will have to be the way forward otherwise what's the point? If this virus continues to mutate and become the new small pox the scientists will have to come up with better ways of medicating you if you get it and better preventive methods..

Its getting like the film (which I liked a the time) 12 Monkeys !

September I think. Imagine the scenes if it doesn't go ahead... again. Interestingly Paddy Power offering odds of 4/1 it all gets cancelled.

Don Cockburn

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 26, 2021, 03:25:12 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on November 25, 2021, 12:46:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 25, 2021, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 25, 2021, 10:12:59 AM
Brooks get 5 nights in Croker, how has things changed?

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

Usage of Croke Park has fundamentally changed since tbe rebuild. We have gone from 8 games a year to dozens, some under lights, with gigs and conferences
When was Croke Park only 8 games a year?
It has always been in regular use.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Don Cockburn on November 26, 2021, 08:21:29 PM

A large majority of the residents are furious the gigs are going ahead. Aiken promotions held a meeting and told the residents they had confirmed 2 gigs and were looking to confirm another 3. Residents were told licencing laws have changed so they couldn't go to court like they did the last time to stop the shows. Cocky twats were only short of gloating about it.

Wouldn't give a guarantee that croker would be limited to 3 concerts per year anymore either from 2022 onwards
Iwhile garth isn't my cup an tae. What do these residents expect  they live beside a stadium that was there long b4 any off them were. Live with it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's reality. Thry knew where was a stadium there.

Usage of Croke Park has fundamentally changed since tbe rebuild. We have gone from 8 games a year to dozens, some under lights, with gigs and conferences

Before the rebuild. Dubs, Leinster x2, Leinster Final, 4x semi finals and 2x finals. So 9 games plus replays. Some cumann na mbunscoil stuff during the day, but nothing like current use.

The idea that locals knew there was a stadium there and should zip it is half the story and quite simply no other sports have these persistent resident problems

dublin7

Residents have always accepted croker is a GAA venue.

GAA games in croker are on 2/4pm and done around 7 pm at the very latest

Concerts are a different story. More drunken fools, shows don't finish until about 11pm and GAA treating residents like shit.

Milltown Row2

I've left Croke during the league games at night, was late enough, but you being a dub know different
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2021, 12:06:11 AM
I've left Croke during the league games at night, was late enough, but you being a dub know different

GAA/concert crowd is different. Majority of people aren't drinking during GAA games in croker and head home after the game.

Concert crowd are drinking throughout and by the end of the show are twisted. Far more drunkenness, alot more messy and horrible to police/steward

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on November 27, 2021, 12:12:05 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 27, 2021, 12:06:11 AM

GAA/concert crowd is different. Majority of people aren't drinking during GAA games in croker and head home after the game.

Concert crowd are drinking throughout and by the end of the show are twisted. Far more drunkenness, alot more messy and horrible to police/steward

I drink at every game, as do everyone at the bar besides me. Take your stupid glasses off, I was at Croker a few times for concerts, I've never seen much difference

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: dublin7 on November 26, 2021, 11:52:44 PM

Concerts are a different story. More drunken fools, shows don't finish until about 11pm and GAA treating residents like shit.

Not the games under lights...

dublin7

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 27, 2021, 02:48:20 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 26, 2021, 11:52:44 PM

Not the games under lights...

Far less drinking at football than concerts. Games also finish far earlier than the concerts as well.

Don Cockburn

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 26, 2021, 08:37:25 PM

Before the rebuild. Dubs, Leinster x2, Leinster Final, 4x semi finals and 2x finals. So 9 games plus replays. Some cumann na mbunscoil stuff during the day, but nothing like current use.

The idea that locals knew there was a stadium there and should zip it is half the story and quite simply no other sports have these persistent resident problems
Dublin played league games there also.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Don Cockburn on November 27, 2021, 10:22:28 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 26, 2021, 08:37:25 PM

Dublin played league games there also.

True but sporadically and not under lights

Aughafad

I certainly remember 2007 dublin v tyrone under lights to get the national league under way

clawaddy

Isn't it wonderful that Garth doesnt  hold any grudges about the 2014 cancellations.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Aughafad on November 28, 2021, 04:11:41 PM
I certainly remember 2007 dublin v tyrone under lights to get the national league under way
I was down for the Dublin Tipp double header, Budwiser sorted me out with premium tickets, for free!!