Investors

Started by Milltown Row2, September 12, 2013, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I've a friend who's looking me to get into a business opportunity that may arise or not but was wondering which bank or elsewhere is willing to lend money. The business is very profitable 20% net profit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trileacman on September 12, 2013, 08:56:28 PM
Your mate

try again ;)

I'll end up like Tony ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Does it have a robust business plan with sound historicals, financial forecasts/recurring or contracted revenue streams and/or heavy on fixed assets?
It is a tough world out there trying to get money. My day job is kicking the tyres of companies on behalf of potential purchasers (i.e financial due diligence) so I bet with a bit of work I could bring that 20% down a bit, as will any bank.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on September 12, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
Does it have a robust business plan with sound historicals, financial forecasts/recurring or contracted revenue streams and/or heavy on fixed assets?
It is a tough world out there trying to get money. My day job is kicking the tyres of companies on behalf of potential purchasers (i.e financial due diligence) so I bet with a bit of work I could bring that 20% down a bit, as will any bank.

A steady growth of 20% and the figures will show with a good business plan that it could go to at least 30% profit.

Over 20 years with a steady contract Rois as I mentioned to you before ;)

Rois

Oh shit yeah - I forgot lol.

Fiancé works in Ulster Bank - I'll ask him what his sense is. Though he is programmed to be pessimistic.
I'll also ask my M&A colleagues - they are out and about in the local market.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on September 12, 2013, 09:55:55 PM
Oh shit yeah - I forgot lol.

Fiancé works in Ulster Bank - I'll ask him what his sense is. Though he is programmed to be pessimistic.
I'll also ask my M&A colleagues - they are out and about in the local market.

Cheers Rois

bcarrier

Definition of bank. An institution that will lend you money if you can demonstrate you don't need it.

Rois

Quote from: bcarrier on September 13, 2013, 08:06:48 AM
Definition of bank. An institution that will lend you money if you can demonstrate you don't need it.
Yep, that's more or less the feedback I got there this morn when i asked.

In corporate lending, the bank will only lend if there is as close to zero risk as you can get.  Credit committees are running scared.
Strangely, the distressed part of the bank is lending more money than the regular bank in order to build out sites to get them more saleable etc. 
Also, banks generally lend to businesses rather than individuals, so if you're going for a personal loan to buy into the business, it will probably be doubly hard.  On the other hand, if the business is looking for a growth loan, check out the growth loan fund operated by Whiterock Capital - kind of government funding:  www.whiterockcp.co.uk

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on September 13, 2013, 08:32:24 AM
Quote from: bcarrier on September 13, 2013, 08:06:48 AM
Yep, that's more or less the feedback I got there this morn when i asked.

In corporate lending, the bank will only lend if there is as close to zero risk as you can get.  Credit committees are running scared.
Strangely, the distressed part of the bank is lending more money than the regular bank in order to build out sites to get them more saleable etc. 
Also, banks generally lend to businesses rather than individuals, so if you're going for a personal loan to buy into the business, it will probably be doubly hard.  On the other hand, if the business is looking for a growth loan, check out the growth loan fund operated by Whiterock Capital - kind of government funding:  www.whiterockcp.co.uk

So would they lend quicker if it were a MBO than an individual?

Cold tea

Wonga seems to lend money.

Hardy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2013, 08:37:00 PM
I've a friend who's looking me to get into a business opportunity that may arise or not but was wondering which bank or elsewhere is willing to lend money. The business is very profitable 20% net profit

This friend wouldn't be a Mr. Cusack from Cork with a sports-entertainment scam targeting the American WWF-type, short-attention-span junk sport market?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on September 13, 2013, 04:58:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2013, 08:37:00 PM

This friend wouldn't be a Mr. Cusack from Cork with a sports-entertainment scam targeting the American WWF-type, short-attention-span junk sport market?

No

Hardy