Design your own Norn Iron fleg

Started by Milltown Row2, January 12, 2013, 01:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

With all this crap I'd say it's about time that the politicians come together and design a flag that will please everyone for Northern Ireland.

Would this appease people or would it not matter at all as everyone will disagree anyways? Throw in a new National anthem for Norn Iron also FFS.

Can't see us being a united Ireland for a least 20 years yet, so this may do in the meantime
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 12, 2013, 01:45:17 PM
Hmm. I'm Irish. We have a flag and an anthem. Thanks all the same.

Yes I have it also but while being comfortable with that others aren't, so f**k the rest? Thats a shared future that will only keep things going as they are. Though it doesn't surprise me. Would you prefer to not have equality?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

theticklemister

Milltown, milltown, milltown. West Belfast holds its head in shame for ye lad.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

rodney trotter

Is there not enough controversy at present in the North without creating more.

Nally Stand

Nationalists and republicans would generally oppose/ignore ANY flag or anthem for a 'state' they don't recognise or at least feel no allegience towards. I'm with the other posters here....amazingly stupid idea!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Nally Stand on January 12, 2013, 02:53:24 PM
Nationalists and republicans would generally oppose/ignore ANY flag or anthem for a 'state' they don't recognise or at least feel no allegience towards. I'm with the other posters here....amazingly stupid idea!

I'm comfortable in what I believe, flags or anthems are a common reason for peoples in this place to fight and in a lot of cases die for.

My post was to see if there was interest in it, of course republicans will see it their way and loyalist will see their own. Just shows you how divided and onesided we really are.

Quote from: theticklemister on January 12, 2013, 02:37:15 PM
Milltown, milltown, milltown. West Belfast holds its head in shame for ye lad.

As for being from West Belfast, I can think for myself and have no need to follow what others want you to. Just a topic lads, if theres no debate  in it that's fine

Rossfan

Why are they in Government running the Statelet if they don't recognise it.
Amazingly stupid ?  ;D

Anyway in the future All Ireland the 6 Cos will be a semi autonomous region so their own flag will be on the agenda.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RealSpiritof98

Great Idea :-[

let me think........

I suggest Green segment to represent our Irishness

yes and Orange segment to represent the unionists

and maybe white between us to signal our peaceful future.

Boom...... Bet ye would have love to have thought of that. 8)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on January 12, 2013, 04:04:18 PM
Great Idea :-[

let me think........

I suggest Green segment to represent our Irishness

yes and Orange segment to represent the unionists

and maybe white between us to signal our peaceful future.

Boom...... Bet ye would have love to have thought of that. 8)

Yeah I thought of that too  ;D ;D 

instead though of a tricolour what about a dualcolour?  :-*

boojangles

Quote from: Hardy on January 12, 2013, 04:50:34 PM

Tha'ts the wrong colour of Orange Hardy. That's another month of protesting there.

red hander

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

Amazingly stupid ?  ;D

Anyway in the future All Ireland the 6 Cos will be a semi autonomous region so their own flag will be on the agenda.

Sinn Fein doesn't represent all republicans in the statelet. I'm a repubican and I don't recognise the statelet, and Sinn Fein doesn't represent me

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2013, 03:52:58 PM

Amazingly stupid ?  ;D

That statement is amazingly stupid. Republicans/nationalists are in stormont as part of a peace process. Flags and anthems are ways of showing allegience. My point being that u can come up with any makey uppy flag and anthem u want, it will still not make nationalists feel the sligtest bit of allegience to the makey uppy state.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore