Heart screening

Started by Milltown Row2, August 15, 2012, 03:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

St Galls is running a heart screening day in the St Galls Club rooms on Saturday the 15th of September for males and females aged 14 to 35. The cost is £35 per person and is a very worthwhile health check.

Giving the current rise in young people suffering from sudden death syndrome it is recommended that all young people take this screening before participating in physical exercise as it currently affects 1 in 300 people.

Payment must be made up front as numbers are limited. Payment can be made behind the bar at St Galls or directly to Conor McAreavey who can be contacted on 07885987679
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Billys Boots

Jaysus, I hope there's no spelling mistakes in this one!!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

I'm just outside that age bracket. It'd be difficult news to deal with at first if you were told you'd a dicky one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
I'm just outside that age bracket. It'd be difficult news to deal with at first if you were told you'd a dicky one.

Yeah. Better than the "knowing nothing and dropping dead one day" thing though I'd reckon....

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

playwiththewind1st

If you're not in that age bracket, go to your doctor & get a quick check-out. I went late last year with a totally different problem & inadvertently found out that my B.P. was 180/120 ffs. Been on tablets since & the publicans haven't had a penny out of me, but I hadn't a clue about it until that point. Was very active until a couple of years ago & thought I was fairly fit, erm not so & a big wake-up call was had! So, don't be afraid to ask for a quick once over from the GP or the nurse.

oisinog

I had this done myself last year. I would recemmond everyone to get it done

Minder

These boys are doing it for free in UUJ Coleraine on 1 & 2 September if it suits people better. Same thing I take it?

http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/ecg.htm
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 15, 2012, 08:26:45 PM
These boys are doing it for free in UUJ Coleraine on 1 & 2 September if it suits people better. Same thing I take it?

Possibly, cost ya more than 35 quid in petrol to get there from Belfast!!

A mate asked me to post this, I would be out of that age bracket myself so I'll have to ask why the age criteria
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2012, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 15, 2012, 08:26:45 PM

Possibly, cost ya more than 35 quid in petrol to get there from Belfast!!

A mate asked me to post this, I would be out of that age bracket myself so I'll have to ask why the age criteria

Not everyone lives in Belfast though.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 15, 2012, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2012, 04:20:34 PM

Yeah. Better than the "knowing nothing and dropping dead one day" thing though I'd reckon....

A good friend of mine who was 36 died suddenly in April while making lunch for his wife and 9 month old son.
Just dropped dead with no warning and no previous sickness or health problems.
Turns out he had Coronary heart disease and didn't know about it, what killed him was a blood clot to his heart but when they done the autopsy they also found the heart disease.

Certainly shook me up to think it can just happen like that so it is something I plan on getting checked especially as I also have it in my family.

Sadly his wife who is 34 and young son who just turned 1 will be without a husband and Dad for the rest of their lives.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

manballandall

Has there been much uptake on this MR2 ?

NAG1

Has anyone looked into the legal ramifications and knock on effects of a positive test?

quit yo jibbajabba

manballandall

Quote from: NAG1 on August 21, 2012, 11:15:03 AM
Has anyone looked into the legal ramifications and knock on effects of a positive test?
legal ramifications ? I can only assume you mean life insurance etc ? I would say that once the problem was detected and fixed there shouldnt be any ramifications but thats a guess

I would be more worried of the ramifications if someone had a problem with their heart but wasnt tested .