Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2018, 01:27:11 PM
Quote from: redhandefender on February 24, 2018, 09:25:18 PM
awful shite tonight, relegation beckons I see this year ending in a horrible mess
why all the negativity all of a sudden?lol

I think you are still full of dung and this crap about players being shackled is a smoke screen. If they were shackled they would not have hit some of the passess richie donnelly hit last night or shots that were taken.

Players arent good enough and chose wrong options all the time.

You are a drama queen with a vendetta and can't call anything from a neutral view you clown. taking joy in county doing badly

southtyronegael

so redhandefender, you think our players arent good enough to beat the likes of monaghan?

Snapchap

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2018, 12:11:37 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 25, 2018, 12:00:10 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 24, 2018, 11:49:35 PM
I'm assuming sidebottom didn't get a post match interview this week? Haven't seen any. Just have to wait on Kevin Kelly of TTM to once again say, it was tough out there tonight Mickey, but there are some positives to bring into the next game!!!

http://www.highlandradio.com/2018/02/24/tyrone-were-slow-getting-out-of-the-blocks-mickey-harte-after-loss-to-monaghan/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
was that noel mc ginn from ttm doing that interview? fuckin pathetic the whole lot of them.

So not only did you not know that the Teamtalk Awards night was about club football, but you don't even recognise Noel McGinn's voice? It's a bit odd that you so routinely attack a media outlet that you evidently don't know the first thing about.

southtyronegael

f**k up snapchat, did i not say it was noel mc ginn? joke of an interview. total mickey ass lickers. quicker the whole lot of them are chased the better, especially harte.

redzone

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2018, 11:03:37 PM
f**k up snapchat, did i not say it was noel mc ginn? joke of an interview. total mickey ass lickers. quicker the whole lot of them are chased the better, especially harte.
Mick spoke well I thought. Honest as usual so he was. You wouldn't last 10 seconds with Harte STG. He'd tear you to pieces

under the bar

So what's your club south Tyrone Gael?

Jim Bob

Quote from: under the bar on February 25, 2018, 11:42:24 PM
So what's your club south Tyrone Gael?

I ve said it before and I ll say it again. The reason STG knows so little about Tyrone GAA and makes a dick of himself is that he is from Fermanagh. Don't know which part. He's just on here winding. .

southtyronegael

Quote from: redzone on February 25, 2018, 11:30:59 PM
Mick spoke well I thought. Honest as usual so he was. You wouldn't last 10 seconds with Harte STG. He'd tear you to pieces
ive met plenty of bullies in my life and id face down harte the same way all bullies should be faced down.

Snapchap

No, you asked the rest of the board if it was Noel:
Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2018, 12:11:37 AM
was that noel mc ginn from ttm doing that interview?

Once again showing your complete ignorance of an outlet you constantly badmouth.

For what it's worth, Teamtalk do not rely on you or any sort licence fee from you. They owe you nothing, are under no obligation to you and they have the right to use whatever line of questioning they choose. If you don't like them, don't listen to them*.

*Though I suspect you never have listened to them in the first place. Otherwise you would know what their awards night is about and you wouldn't have to ask people to tell you if you are listening to it because you're not sure if you recognise the interviewers voice. Just seems that you are mouthing off because mouthing is all you know. Again.

Snapchap

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 25, 2018, 11:58:26 PM
Quote from: redzone on February 25, 2018, 11:30:59 PM
ive met plenty of bullies in my life and id face down harte the same way all bullies should be faced down.
Given that you have several times used the cover of anonymity on this web page to mock Mickey Harte over his religious beliefs, you have some gall to call anyone else a bully.

Tyrone Gaa

Paddy Tally seems to be having a real impact with Galway, since he got involved with their setup. Obviously influential in our 1st All Ireland and guided an unfancied St Mary's side to the Sigerson last year. That's my answer to the question if Harte goes who do you replace him with.

Was there a fallout between MH and PT? Why did they part company? It's a story I missed.

And I take your point that we don't pay TTM for the service they provide but we can still be critical if there is an opinion the service could be improved. They put themselves in the public domain so comments will follow. Mickey didn't do an interview with BBC this week, are they now on the banned list they only got O'Rourke. All I would want from TTM is a few straight forward questions.

Where did it go wrong Mickey?
Do you feel changes are required to our approach?
Sean Cavanagh has questioned the team confidence and system, how would you respond that that?
Living the dream!!!

Snapchap

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 26, 2018, 12:22:26 AM
Paddy Tally seems to be having a real impact with Galway, since he got involved with their setup. Obviously influential in our 1st All Ireland and guided an unfancied St Mary's side to the Sigerson last year. That's my answer to the question if Harte goes who do you replace him with.

Was there a fallout between MH and PT? Why did they part company? It's a story I missed.

And I take your point that we don't pay TTM for the service they provide but we can still be critical if there is an opinion the service could be improved. They put themselves in the public domain so comments will follow. Mickey didn't do an interview with BBC this week, are they now on the banned list they only got O'Rourke. All I would want from TTM is a few straight forward questions.

Where did it go wrong Mickey?
Do you feel changes are required to our approach?
Sean Cavanagh has questioned the team confidence and system, how would you respond that that?

And when Harte takes issue on day 1 of such a line of questioning and TTM are denied access to Harte and the players, what good will TTM be to you then for county coverage?

No harm I'd prefer they got access to the players and management than not have access to them.

P.s. Agree re. Tally. A seriously good coach. However he has got Galway playing a very defensive style of football. I suspect it will only take them so far.

Tyrone Dreamer

It's surprising how much some people read into the league. I'll be judging Harte and Tyrone on the championship game versus Monaghan not the league one. It's always very difficult to know where a team is at until the championship starts. Last year we left Ballybofey after a hammering and it looked like we had no hope in ulster. Donegal and Monaghan were being hyped up based on the league, yet come championship Tyrone walked through ulster. In recent years Roscommon were very fit early in the league and flying and completely flopped come championship. It could easily happen Galway too.

Tyrone have actually lost to the top 3 teams so far, the only concern is Mayo and Kerry usually improve as the league goes on. Although you don't read too much into the league you certainly don't want to get relegated so the next few games are important.

A worry for me is the lack of new players coming in and laying down a claim for a place on the team. So far McKernan has showed well and Brennan has done well from the frees but that's probably it. We definitely have pushed up more at times during this years league (though we did start very defensively on Saturday) and when we do are defenders have been shown up one on one. We don't have top class markers or a top forward that can win his own ball and kick a score like McManus. Harte is trying to work round this.

What annoyed me at times on Saturday night in the first half was that we don't seem to have learned from last year on kickouts. On the Momaghan kick out we half pushed up and tried to zonal mark. There was always a player free and they got the kickout out easy. And then they had space to work it up the pitch and work a score. It's so frustrating when Tyrone score that they let the opposition out so easy as you can't build up any momentum in a game and get a spell of quick scores. On the other hand Monaghan often pressurised our kickouts and we struggled to win the ball in the middle. We did push up at times in the second half with more success.

Having said all that the difference on Saturday night was not Harte or his tactics, that's an easy excuse from the usual people. The difference was in the second half when the game was in the melting pot Monaghan took their chances and the Tyrone forwards missed theirs or kicked the ball away. We also had at least 3 or 4 goal opportunities or opportunities to work a goal that were messed up.

omagh_gael

One thing that stood out for me was Brennan's impact from play. First three balls into him he was either beaten for pace or easily dispossessed when tackled. He did rightly from frees, however, would love to see him make a real impact from play. To be fair the ball never went in early and long very often.

skeog

He is never going to make an impact from play he is on to hit frees.