Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 10:45:56 PM
how can a few poster on here be so confident harte will get an extension? will it not be the clubs delegates that will ultimately decide his fate and by what ive heard round the clubs this last few weeks hes not flavour of the month.

From what you've heard round the clubs, jesus oh he must chat this dung in real life when hes standing in the stands watching whatever fermanagh/derry club he supports. god help anyone near him

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 04, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
Tally and Tony Donnelly would be my management team.

Jesus wept! Do you honestly think Tony Donnelly would take instruction from Paddy Tally?

Redhand Santa

The u17s play tomorrow in the ulster championship. Who would the main players be for Tyrone? We've already won the league so should be strong enough but Donegal usually good at underage these days and got to the league final. Very little talk of the competition for the early stages anyway. Unfortunate for the lads who weren't good enough for the minors this year and won't get a chance under the new system next year. I know this competition is there for that reason but as I say its a low key enough start to it.

There was a lot of talk on here about clubs not seeing their underage players all year with the u17s and minors being run. There has been 8 games played in the minor clubs leagues to date and they seem to have run well this year with regular games. The county players from what I've seen have played in most if not at all. This included the u17s playing minor league games this week a few days before the ulster championship.

southtyronegael

Quote from: redhandefender on May 05, 2017, 12:13:25 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on May 04, 2017, 10:45:56 PM
how can a few poster on here be so confident harte will get an extension? will it not be the clubs delegates that will ultimately decide his fate and by what ive heard round the clubs this last few weeks hes not flavour of the month.

From what you've heard round the clubs, jesus oh he must chat this dung in real life when hes standing in the stands watching whatever fermanagh/derry club he supports. god help anyone near him
you obviously go to games with your eyes and ears closed.

Dire Ear

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 05, 2017, 12:27:13 AM
Quote from: Dire Ear on May 04, 2017, 02:27:21 PM
Tally and Tony Donnelly would be my management team.

Jesus wept! Do you honestly think Tony Donnelly would take instruction from Paddy Tally?
Be gone

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 05, 2017, 07:58:19 AM
The u17s play tomorrow in the ulster championship. Who would the main players be for Tyrone? We've already won the league so should be strong enough but Donegal usually good at underage these days and got to the league final. Very little talk of the competition for the early stages anyway. Unfortunate for the lads who weren't good enough for the minors this year and won't get a chance under the new system next year. I know this competition is there for that reason but as I say its a low key enough start to it.

There was a lot of talk on here about clubs not seeing their underage players all year with the u17s and minors being run. There has been 8 games played in the minor clubs leagues to date and they seem to have run well this year with regular games. The county players from what I've seen have played in most if not at all. This included the u17s playing minor league games this week a few days before the ulster championship.
Heard somewhere the Under 17s have still 5 or 6 players to join from the Minor panel, including Darragh Canavan. Also heard something similar about Donegal so the league final result won't count for much but I would have hopes for Tyrone to advance and do well in this competition if they can get over Donegal.
Minor League has been run extremely smoothly, a game each week and all players made available. Only issue would be Tyrone still have players Monday, Thursdays and Saturdays and with a game another night of the week there is no time for training with these players but in terms of fixtures it has been well laid out.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 05, 2017, 01:11:33 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on May 05, 2017, 07:58:19 AM

Heard somewhere the Under 17s have still 5 or 6 players to join from the Minor panel, including Darragh Canavan. Also heard something similar about Donegal so the league final result won't count for much but I would have hopes for Tyrone to advance and do well in this competition if they can get over Donegal.
Minor League has been run extremely smoothly, a game each week and all players made available. Only issue would be Tyrone still have players Monday, Thursdays and Saturdays and with a game another night of the week there is no time for training with these players but in terms of fixtures it has been well laid out.

Thought it deserved mentioned about the minor leagues to provide bit of balance given the talk that clubs wouldn't have the players at all.

Wasn't sure if the u17s involved with the minors would play or not. Wasn't sure if you could play both but can't see why they couldn't. No sign of a team or squad to see if likes of canavan involved.

Redhand Santa

Just see on Tyrone website that canavan is in the panel. Recognise couple of other names from the st ciarans team that got to the final.

PMG1

Tyrone have a very strong u17 team this year, two Galbally lads quinn at full back and cormac donnelly at midfield, Daniel Millar is one to watch for, Caolan Slevin,Tomas Hoy, Anton Fox and Canavan would be others to look out for, a very strong team who will take some stopping I imagine

Redhand Santa

Underage is funny though, have saw plenty of fancied teams knocked out in the first round over the years. If I remember correct I was very impressed with Daniel millar for ballygawley in the all Ireland final.

southtyronegael

I see hypocrite Harte on the back page of Irish news today sayin he doesn't want to interfere with Tyrone club games!

square_ball

Quote from: southtyronegael on May 06, 2017, 02:18:26 PM
I see hypocrite Harte on the back page of Irish news today sayin he doesn't want to interfere with Tyrone club games!

Fair play to him. Plenty of county managers throughout the country more or less run the club fixtures. Glad Harte isn't one of them.

ctrallying

Has anyone manged to purchase tickets  for the covered stand at Celtic park,i can only find terrace tickets online.

Goals_Will_Come

Canavan lived up to the hype earlier on for the U17s. A joy to watch despite the defensive systems.

omagh_gael

What did you make of David Millar from Killeshil? Hearing that he's one to watch.