Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 12:42:31 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 05, 2018, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 07:32:05 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 04, 2018, 11:11:07 PM
I am taken aback by the amount of people from Tyrone who want them beat on Saturday and as many who couldn't care less if they win or not. Is anyone else finding that?

How many Tyrone people told you that they wanted Tyrone beaten on Saturday?

Dunno maybe 8 or 9 and many more who said they couldn't care less

8 or 9. Lol you made it sound a lot more you twit.   And they all formed an orderly queue to tell you this did they ?

No they didn't form an orderly queue was just different conversations I had with people. Twit? is this an English sitcom?  :P

BennyHarp

I couldn't care less if Tyrone play the most dog awful tactics on Saturday with every single player behind the ball and we scrape through by 2 points to 1. I never ever want a Tyrone team to lose to anyone....especially those Meath hoors. But then again the likes of BigDog wouldn't hsve been around in the days when they kicked us up and down the park like little boys as we tried to play our lovely crowd/RTE friendly football.
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 05, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
I couldn't care less if Tyrone play the most dog awful tactics on Saturday with every single player behind the ball and we scrape through by 2 points to 1. I never ever want a Tyrone team to lose to anyone....especially those Meath hoors. But then again the likes of BigDog wouldn't hsve been around in the days when they kicked us up and down the park like little boys as we tried to play our lovely crowd/RTE friendly football.
yeahs its dublin who kick us up and down the park now. il go as far as saying that this is probably the least aggressive tyrone team i have seen going back to the mid 80s.

sensethetone

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 05, 2018, 11:53:06 PM
yeahs its dublin who kick us up and down the park now. il go as far as saying that this is probably the least aggressive tyrone team i have seen going back to the mid 80s.

You mean 1985 as in mid 80s not 1984-1986 don't you.

BennyHarp

Then you'll remember Dublin hammering us in Croke Park in 1984. It's not a new phenomenon. I wonder if Tyrone fans  of that era hoped Derry would beat us in the first round in 1985 or again after we squeezed past Antrim after a relay in 1987 and then got thumped by an Armagh avalanche of goals in Irvinestown. Remember we were All Ireland contenders in those years too and there we were getting dumped out by poor Armagh and Derry teams. We may not have played men behind the ball in those days but the football definitely wasn't pretty at times either. I wonder how many were hammering Big Art who had been in the job a long time at that point? Or maybe people just had a bit more realism and respect in those days?

southtyronegael

big Art didnt have the back door to fall back on, only for it mickey would have just one all ireland. and yes people had alot more respect for Art as he is a thoroughly decent, likeable man.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on June 05, 2018, 09:45:09 PM
Watching the Monaghan game here again. We went 5-2 and Marty Clarke said he never seen Tyrone play as well and it looked like Tyrone could well steam roll Monaghan, and you couldn't disagree with it. Then it went tits up. They made us go long on our kickouts and cleaned us out and sparky got injured. Added to that some terrible tackling from McShane, brutal shot selection from Mccarron, mcnamee, Hampsey and burns. All defenders too. At 32 min we lead 7-5 with skeet having been pulled down by wylie while through on goal without even a card been produced. Rather than go in 6-7 points up we go in 2 points down. I have to say the ref was terrible.
I'd honestly rather ruari sludden started on sat than ronan oneill

And dont forget that Con O Callaghan was lazy in his tracking back etc etc etc ...

We were beaten by a team who were beaten by Fermanagh. Just let that sink in before you continue to make stupid excuses

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 06, 2018, 07:56:05 AM
big Art didnt have the back door to fall back on, only for it mickey would have just one all ireland. and yes people had alot more respect for Art as he is a thoroughly decent, likeable man.

Only one All Ireland is not to be sniffed at when you have never won one. We were All Ireland runners up when Iggy Gallagher rescued us v Antrim and Armagh slammed 5 goals past us the next day out. I'd imagine your angry contemporary equivalents at the time without the access to social media giving off stink and wanting big Art out in the local pub or where ever, regardless of how decent he was. Or maybe it was the supporters who were a little bit more decent and likeable back then?

Thebigdog

If your talking about Meath 96, I was there on the hill. Even though they were subject to a lot of dirt  from the opposition the Tyrone boys battled hard on the day. Dinky McBride, Dooher and wee Peter showed plenty of bravery unlike last August when the Tyrone players did not even compete!

longballin

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 06, 2018, 08:10:54 AM

Only one All Ireland is not to be sniffed at when you have never won one. We were All Ireland runners up when Iggy Gallagher rescued us v Antrim and Armagh slammed 5 goals past us the next day out. I'd imagine your angry contemporary equivalents at the time without the access to social media giving off stink and wanting big Art out in the local pub or where ever, regardless of how decent he was. Or maybe it was the supporters who were a little bit more decent and likeable back then?

It's a reflection on how divisive a person Harte it. Art was hugely respected by players and supporters. Harte isn't which has turned a lot of people off the whole thing.

trailer

Art McCrory LOL
"I've searched the county high up and low down, to find a big ignorant fecker to play midfield and there was one lying on my couch all along"

longballin

Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2018, 08:54:12 AM

Art McCrory LOL
"I've searched the county high up and low down, to find a big ignorant fecker to play midfield and there was one lying on my couch all along"

Harte found a few players about his house as well  :D

southtyronegael

Quote from: longballin on June 06, 2018, 09:25:09 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 06, 2018, 08:54:12 AM

Art McCrory LOL

Harte found a few players about his house as well  :D
and a physio.lol

redhandefender

I think Tyrone need a change, they will do nothing this year. I still can't believe that anyone would actually want to see them beat from tyrone apart from maybe "The Dazzler" to prove some point in his head. Same mistakes over and over again and the negativity so prevalent on this board is synonymous with the negativity that has seemed to creep in to all aspects of the county. It also looks very much on the face of it like its crept into the team!

BUT, this message board would depress ye, such absolute nonsense pedalled every day from about 3 fellas that clearly a) have no real interest in football outside the county team, b) obsessed with Mickey Harte and c) have nothing else to do whatsoever.

South Fermanagh Gael and that other boy I couldn't be bother looking up his name go and get a job and while you're at it get a life. Nothing worse than keyboard warriors! You would say nothing to Harte directly nor anyone else on this for that matter, you're as yella as the players you cry about if not worse. You know nothing about how the gaa works and probably never kicked a ball in your life

chieftain

Quote from: redhandefender on June 06, 2018, 12:25:38 PM
I think Tyrone need a change, they will do nothing this year. I still can't believe that anyone would actually want to see them beat from tyrone apart from maybe "The Dazzler" to prove some point in his head. Same mistakes over and over again and the negativity so prevalent on this board is synonymous with the negativity that has seemed to creep in to all aspects of the county. It also looks very much on the face of it like its crept into the team!

BUT, this message board would depress ye, such absolute nonsense pedalled every day from about 3 fellas that clearly a) have no real interest in football outside the county team, b) obsessed with Mickey Harte and c) have nothing else to do whatsoever.

South Fermanagh Gael and that other boy I couldn't be bother looking up his name go and get a job and while you're at it get a life. Nothing worse than keyboard warriors! You would say nothing to Harte directly nor anyone else on this for that matter, you're as yella as the players you cry about if not worse. You know nothing about how the gaa works and probably never kicked a ball in your life

+1

STG played a bit of reserves for augher when they were short numbers. Has grievance with harte possibly from his time at school and the fact that eugene mckenna was replaced by harte, and is using this board to help himself get over this.