Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

How come the ratification of minor and u20 county managers was hurried through at the last county board meeting, are clubs views on the subject now ignored, u20 performance has improved so Conor deserves another stint but the minors record under James McCartan  has been abysmal, there should have been a serious rethink on that position.

snoopdog

Quote from: Cuan12 on July 24, 2019, 07:54:50 AM
How come the ratification of minor and u20 county managers was hurried through at the last county board meeting, are clubs views on the subject now ignored, u20 performance has improved so Conor deserves another stint but the minors record under James McCartan  has been abysmal, there should have been a serious rethink on that position.
I wouldn't be so sure either deserve another year. McCartan has had a terrible record over the minors. Deegan blew a 10 point lead to Derry last year and this year's 1st half performance against Tyrone must have serious questions over his ability to manage. Winning a pre championship tournament should have no bearing on that.

Last Caress

So what's the story with the mayobridge house draw? They must be disappointed.  Some work gone into it.

Aristo 60

Surely it was overly ambitious from the start.

The income target I heard was beyond enormous so much so it would have been tough enough for the county to generate the ticket numbers required, never mind a single club.

Square Ball

How much were they looking to lift? Kildress lifted £474k and Moneyglass lifted over 400k as well. If the will is there there is money to be made.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Taylor

Quote from: Last Caress on July 24, 2019, 11:12:03 PM
So what's the story with the mayobridge house draw? They must be disappointed.  Some work gone into it.

What happened? Thought the draw was in August

Godsown

Important Notice

To Friends of Mayobridge GAC

24th July 2019

Dear Members

It is with huge regret that we need to inform you that our planned A1 House Draw is not going to proceed on 17th August 2019 as advertised.

Friends of Mayobridge was set up with the specific aim to establish a development fund for the purposes of extending the playing fields and facilities in Mayobridge GAC for the benefit of present and future members.

The committee has recently received notification from the PSNI that there have been a small number of complaints about the draw arising from the antiquated and unsuitable legislation that currently governs this area, and that they will be compelled to open an investigation if the draw were to continue. While we are adamant that the Club has at all times acted appropriately, we are saddened to say that we can no longer operate the draw.
As a member of the Friends of Mayobridge club, we greatly value your support of the club and its charitable endeavours. We sincerely hope that you will continue to show support for our club.  However, should you wish to rescind your membership, your subscription will be refunded. All members will be contacted directly by email or telephone within 14 days. For further information please contact us on
friendsofmayobridge@gmail.com.

We wish to take this opportunity to thank all those who have supported us to date and look forward to your continued support.

Rosemary Magee, Chairperson Friends of Mayobridge GAC
Mairead Rooney, Chairperson Mayobridge GAC

Taylor

Bound to be very disappointing for them - huge work had gone in.

Considering other clubs have ran successful draws it seems strange that some legislation has stopped it

Cuan12

Extremely disappointed for the Bridge, progressive club and a good club, the dickheads who have gone out of their way to make mischief should bow their heads in shame, I doubt we will see these individuals supporting a GAA team , is it jealousy or just an evil mindset, don't let the begrudges get you down Mayobridge GAC

Godsown

Definitely malevolent forces at work. Would have been great earner from what I hear.

Lotto

Nothing to do with low ticket sales then?

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on July 25, 2019, 07:57:32 PM

I enjoy an open mind on any matter. But Jesus that's one cynical and downright disrespectful comment.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on July 25, 2019, 08:28:03 PM
Quote from: Lotto on July 25, 2019, 07:57:32 PM

I enjoy an open mind on any matter. But Jesus that's one cynical and downright disrespectful comment.

Just asking the question. I know the sales weren't wonderful a few months back. And tell me this Wobbler, do you know how many tickets were sold?

Cuan12

Lotto I have to agree with Wobbler, that's one crass and disrespectful remark, take Mayobridges post for what it is.

Last Caress

If it's some legal technicality it's a lesson for other organisations to be aware this. An unfortunate situation for them. Real task trying to refund those who wish to be refunded.